ATTN: All guest users.. WHY NOT JUST JOIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Okay, so this is a bit of different post for this Teddy Bear Cowboy, but this thread and post is intended towards those who continually are participating in ADISC as a guest, reading the posts and participating, but not as a full member.

First of all... I am really glad you all have found this community and I truly hope that the posts and threads that you are sharing in are helpful to you in whatever your situation may be in... whether being DL, ABDL, IC, Little, Furrylittle, Sissy, Caregiver, interested party, or what have you. I truly hope that as you view the posts and threads that you may see ADISC is here as a support site and a place that you may find a home.

As a member who is not part of the admin of the site, but has been here for over eight years, I welcome you to ADISC.

But I have to share that I am surprised to find that at most any given time there are more non-member guests viewing and looking at the site than actual members. While surprise, I get it. I did not join ADISC right away as I was very hesitant to participate in an online group, despite my interests in actually finding others who shared in these things. My anonymity was most important and I didn't want to risk any sort of others knowing who I am. However, after being a guest and looking at the posts, I soon realized that this place was way different than other sites, and I wanted to truly communicate with others, sharing my own thoughts and making friends. I thank God that I did so.

If you find the site to be helpful, beneficial, or otherwise something you are interested in, then I encourage you to go ahead and join. We welcome your input and participation. That is what makes this community so great, is that it is a place where we can find like minded individuals and share in our own discussions, frustrations, challenges, happiness, and sadness and support each other. While there is no requirement to join to read and see the posts of others, there is so much more to be gained by being a member and participating in the forums and posts.

I can sincerely say that ADISC is the only site that I have ever come across that is truly a support site and a very safe place to be. The moderators and administration have gone to lengthy efforts to make it so. As such, it is very PG, but as a little myself, I happen to favor PG over XXX or even R ratings... :smile1:

But if you are still reading this and have not yet joined ADISC but are participating simply as a guest in benefiting from the posts of others, please consider joining and sharing your own experiences and thoughts. That is what makes a really great community. Not only benefiting from others, but helping others from your own thoughts and experiences.

I am not a moderator on the site, nor admin, nor anything other than someone who truly appreciates being here and feel it is the greatest support community for being ABDL, DL, etc... out there. I joined in 2010 and after the past eight years, I can truly share there is no better support site than here. Sure, there are quite a few other ABDL type sites, but none that are truly as engaged and safe in helping each other.

If you are looking for sensationalism, then perhaps other sites are for you. But if you have any of these interests and want to know more about them, understand them, and be friends with others who are wanting to be friends with you, then I hope you may find a true home in the community.

:detective3 Teddy Bear Cowboy

While I think it would be great to have more folks participate, I also think it has to come in its time. Also, as I understand it, a lot of those guests are web crawling bots, and even though I try to be open, I don't think they're all that interesting yet. By all means, if you're a sentient adult, and on the fence, consider signing up.

One o' them's me 😀
I have my flimsy excuses, though: I use my phone mostly, nowadays, and do so a little more publicly than I would on a less-easy-to-hide PC and with constant threatening interruptions, I'd be constantly getting logged out; and, naturally, it's not as easy to compose nor type a post on a phone, so I mostly just browse as a guest and move to the PC when 'needed' and when good for me.
I do miss out on participating, even though I compose many a rambling response in my head, but I'm not going to put myself through pain (literally) by using my PC nor the aggravation of lengthy typing on a phone.

Same applies to me, sometimes.

Also id figure a good amount of them may be under the age limit or our previous members that got a temp ban from the 18+ rule change a few years ago. while i have not been actively keeping count id say some of those members still have not hit that magic number yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BunnyPrincess
I would be happy to welcome new members. This post is a great idea! Even if just one person sees it and joins it will be worth it. Hopefully I'm not a guest when I use Tapatalk. Probably not since it lets me post.

My heart skips a beat every time I read the Teddy Bear nickname because I nicknamed my ex boyfriend that. I didn't call him that but in my contacts I did for the sake of the children and he certainly lived up to his name.

Getting back on track. I was thinking last night that it would be nice to place a post to send a message to all the guest users. But I was afraid it would be in off topic where no guests can read the posts anyway.

My message would be about how lonely it is without talking to other Christians because every time I talk to anyone else I come to a wall because I'm not willing to meet anyone that doesn't know Jesus. I love Jesus more than I love diapers and I feel those two things are in harmony with one another in my life and that relationship is stronger than any bond I have formed here at ADISC. However, if you are a guest you have no way of contacting us here unless you do a Google search for ABDL map and find me in the state of TN. I think the map was created by one of our members and is available for anyone to post to but also available for any curious person to find peoples locations and anything they post there so be careful.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

I noticed this while my pampers size 8 thread was popular.
Sometimes there where 10 times as many 'guests' viewing as members, now i understand that some members will be on devices there not logged into, be that for privacy or just quickness, but there must be an explanation why there are people watching in don't join up.

I think having more members can only be a great thing for the community, but we have to realize that not every guest user is a lifetime AB or DL. I'd wager to guess that many guests on this site are probably still navigating their feelings with regards to ABDL and where they actually stand, some might also be people who are merely curious and experimenting. I know I perused the site since my early teens as a guest, but didn't feel like joining officially until late last year, after 6 years of regular and consistent exploration and embrace of my baby side and years before that of light indulgence. So as Trevor states, lets give our guest visitors some time to sort out their stance on ABDL and come to terms with things a bit more.

To any guests reading, even the ones who are just curious, much like TeddyBearCowboy, I can't sing the praises of ADISC enough, it's always been a wealth of information and I have met and conversed with many terrific, like minded padded pals on here. ADISC is certainly a very supportive atmosphere and I think that being part of a community can be a big confidence booster and it can also help with self-acceptance and navigating the rough patches.

I'm a member but I frequently read threads in this forum as a guest. I only log in if I want to post something read something in a members-only section. I don't see the point otherwise. It doesn't surprise me that there would be more "guests" than "members" viewing a particular thread at any point in time. A good percentage of those "guests" are in actuality probably "members" like me who simply read the threads without logging in. That statistic on the bottom of the page is misleading.

Hey im a guest and posting hahahahahha

HappyNappin said:
I noticed this while my pampers size 8 thread was popular.
Sometimes there where 10 times as many 'guests' viewing as members, now i understand that some members will be on devices there not logged into, be that for privacy or just quickness, but there must be an explanation why there are people watching in don't join up.

It's called the 1% rule, or the 90–9–1 principle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%25_rule_(Internet_culture)

In any given online community, only about 1% actively contribute new content, 9% join/register as members, and the other 90% are lurkers.

sounds about right to me

I know in some places (like here) I'm in the 1%, and many places I visit I'm in the 9%, but the vast majority I'm in the 90%.

I've run a few forums over the years. Often "guests" are search engine indexers or just other non-human traffic. Especially when you have such high numbers. When Google is scanning a page they can literally have 100 crawlers going through the site simultaneously.

Maybe for privacy or convenience reasons people don't wanna join as you know sometimes on shared computers or when someone who borrows your phone may come across the site thus outing you.

guest said:
Hey im a guest and posting hahahahahha

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh my goodness Guest, you are funny. That made my day.

The ABDL map is ruined. I was able to view it last weekend but now that I posted about it here it says it has reached 100 views and someone has to pay to activate it again. At least the supplier one is still good.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back