Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspinarian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Who else gets migraines? I woke up with a horrible one today and finally managed to kill it after a sumaptriptan, two Advil, and some time on the couch. Fortunately, it's my night off because I'm pretty sleepy (and wet) now. It sure would have been a great day to have a daddy, though.

I get horrific migraines. And cluster headaches. They come in waves and I can usually tell which is which. I usually have to shut myself in a dark room with no sound and a ketorlac. If that fails, I'm off to get a toradol shot. Usually without intervention, they last four days.

Migraines seriously suck.

OmiOMy said:
I get horrific migraines. And cluster headaches. They come in waves and I can usually tell which is which. I usually have to shut myself in a dark room with no sound and a ketorlac. If that fails, I'm off to get a toradol shot. Usually without intervention, they last four days.

Migraines seriously suck.

That sounds awful! I got the sumatriptan a few months ago when the cold I had gave me a headache I couldn't get rid of. I've dealt with headaches for about thirty years now (I'm 38), but I think that was the longest-lasting I've ever had (a couple of days or so). The one I had today was the worst I'd had in a while, and mine tend to come in waves too. I really feel for you because when I don't feel good for any reason, I want a distraction, so the dark room with no stimulation isn't something I can do. I always hit the couch and watch something until I feel better.

Caspinarian said:
That sounds awful! I got the sumatriptan a few months ago when the cold I had gave me a headache I couldn't get rid of. I've dealt with headaches for about thirty years now (I'm 38), but I think that was the longest-lasting I've ever had (a couple of days or so). The one I had today was the worst I'd had in a while, and mine tend to come in waves too. I really feel for you because when I don't feel good for any reason, I want a distraction, so the dark room with no stimulation isn't something I can do. I always hit the couch and watch something until I feel better.

The most I can handle in one of the things is a white noise machine set very quiet. I heard once that scientists thought they found an evolutionary purpose for them but I'm like... Why, evolution? You couldn't have had s better idea?

I get migraines and know the triggers well enough I can avoid them. The real issue I have is chronic cluster headaches--been chronic since 1999, four to six attacks a day. Verapamil in high doses seems to be the best at keeping them to a level I can deal with, but I seriously have to watch things with my heart on it.

OmiOMy said:
The most I can handle in one of the things is a white noise machine set very quiet. I heard once that scientists thought they found an evolutionary purpose for them but I'm like... Why, evolution? You couldn't have had s better idea?

What kind of purpose could this even have? It doesn't make any sense! Nothing is improved by senseless pain!

My migraines simply never stop. I mean, some days the pain is at a level where I can mostly ignore it, but very simple things - someone wearing a tad too much perfume, light shining directly into my eyes, someone touching my head unexpectedly - can trigger really bad pain. Right now I don't have any medicine that works at all (I used to take Sumatriptan, but after a while it started to only enhance the pain).

It gets pretty frustrating because most of my triggers are things that I can't really avoid unless I don't step outside ever again and only eat really bland foods, but also when it gets unbearable, I can't do anything about it. I feel like I've been good about keeping a positive outlook on life in general, but I sure wish that something could be done about it. Yes, I've tried all kinds of medicine, herbal remedies, dietary adjustments, yoga etc but no dice.

I expect one a week (I was going to post the other day, but I had a migraine 🤣).
With regard to the evolutionary gig, I link my migraines with my [hyper]sensitivities. And therein, also with a design flaw which manifests as migraine. I tend to think of it as a confusion of the signals due to the unique nature of the human design (and there several other such flaws/compromises).
Obviously, there are great benefits to a heightened sensory awareness; the trade-off could likely be migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back