Any ABDLs (or Littles) who wear diapers without it being a fetish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd personally consider myself to have a very high sex drive. But while diapers can turn me on in the right scenario, most of the time I just like to wear them and feel cute and little and they're really soft and comfy. I don't usually don't have anymore "special time" than usual whether I'm wearing diapers or not, like I said, I just enjoy wearing them for the emotional feelings mostly

LilByte said:
Your making no sense. obviously we agree on the correlation between sex and fetish. But the second part, no correlation between abdl and sex ever. Abdl is defined by most every one you ask as a fetish, there for how can it have no correlation of sex, and yet be called a fetish by most. As ABDL is a blanket term for an idea. it's like saying you like sports.

Unless you are referring to sexuality in other regards as in gay,hetro,asexua. In wich case yes that has no bearing on being abdl. But i'm lost to what is being argued if that's what your saying. As I didn't see anyone claim that it was correlative.

For a comparison I'd say, saying your abdl is like saying you watch sports. but the way I'm reading your post is that your like we people who watch sports watch all sports except baseball. forget baseball. it's not a sport, there is no correlation of baseball to sports.

What are you claiming in their post is contradictory? The only opinion they post is "because most people who are ABDLs are either older males, or people with a fetish." wich is in all counts true. As most abdl are males, and near all have a diaper fetish or are kinky in other ways.

I comment to you, because I agree with their post, and by you saying they don't know what they are talking about there for labels me as well.

Not correlation between sex and abdl. No DIRECT correlation. Of course an ab or dl can include sexual activity with their life style. Just as to people in love can include sex as well. In neither case it isn't based on that sex though, and hence has no direct correlation. How is this not making any sense to you?

Here, maybe you need a refresher on this term as well.
https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/correlation
A perfect example for this would be an ab or dl person's sex drive will fluctuate, but the inate compulsion to wear diapers does not fluctuate any where near, or as much- and certainly not in parallel to their sex drive. However, an sd person's sex drive and diaper desires will fluctuate in parallel.

And abdl is NOT a blanket term. It clearly has a defined meaning of adult baby diaper lover. What part of that describes fetish, furry, littles, and so on? Maybe this point is where you are getting confused. Does the term ocean also include islands and polar ice caps simply because they all take up space on the suface of earth- no. Does the term autmobile include atv, boat, or airplane just because they all move- again no.

Your sports analogy is also flawed. More correctly it would be like you are saying you like watching ball sports. Of which would obviously not include hunting, running, or other types of sports.

And yes, I absolutely AM saying you don't know what you're talking about. Hence why I keep on trying to enlighten you on these very basic definitions and concepts.

Slomo said:
And abdl is NOT a blanket term. It clearly has a defined meaning of adult baby diaper lover. What part of that describes fetish, furry, littles, and so on?
Woah, okay, deep breath taken. Being Little isn't inherently sexual, either. I'd know. I am Little. In fact, I'd call you one, because, you've integrated. Adult baby just doesn't fit most of us. How many do you know that regress that far? Adult toddler might work, but it's more fluid than that, so, people started saying Little. As far as I understand it, neither is furry. Wouldn't be well versed on that. I'm not a furry, but I listen when non-sexual furries talk on ADISC.

Last edited by a moderator:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Woah, okay, deep breath taken. Being Little isn't inherently sexual, either. I'd know. I am Little. In fact, I'd call you one, because, you've integrated. Adult baby just doesn't fit most of us. How many do you know that regress that far? Adult toddler might work, but it's more fluid than that, so, people started saying Little. As far as I understand it, neither is furry. Wouldn't be well versed on that. I'm not a furry, but I listen when non-sexual furries talk on ADISC.

Exactly, there is more than enough seperation to not call a little an adult baby. Hence the need for the seperation of those terms. Exactly the same need for seperation based on or includes sex. Oh, and the term little does refer to an adult toddler but also incompases adult kids.

And correct, little does not encompase furry. Though it is very possible to be both little and furry at the same time. This is because these two terms do not contradict each other like dl and sd does.

Ps. I know this because I personally am mostly dl, with some ab, and little bit baby fur too.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, it can be a sexual thrill but it isn't always like that. I do draw just comfort from it without a sexual tingle as well. It is situational for me. I can appreciate the comfort of lying in bed under my blanket in just my diaper while sucking contentedly on my paci without any of it being sexual at that time.

PaddedDeist said:
For me, it can be a sexual thrill but it isn't always like that. I do draw just comfort from it without a sexual tingle as well. It is situational for me. I can appreciate the comfort of lying in bed under my blanket in just my diaper while sucking contentedly on my paci without any of it being sexual at that time.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to use this as a perfect example. For you and based on what you've said, you're clearly a dl. You draw comfort from diapers, and that does not necessarily need to include sexuality with it. Although you can also include that sexual thrill at times. The point though is that is not your basis of reason for wearing diapers in the first place. Because of this, diapers are clearly not a fetish for you.

And hey, I'm exactly the say way as is just about every other dl here. Though of course, the amount of sexual thrill we can each include (or not at all) will vary greatly.

I'm in the same boat. I have absolutely no interest in sex or even close contact with other people. Diapers and being little are just a part of my life and who I am.

Well, I'm also IC but I have actually had a deeply buried DL and some little in me

Slomo said:
Not correlation between sex and abdl. No DIRECT correlation. Of course an ab or dl can include sexual activity with their life style. Just as to people in love can include sex as well. In neither case it isn't based on that sex though, and hence has no direct correlation. How is this not making any sense to you?

When I say ABDL is a blanket term, I'm defining that by saying, if you have to ask someone to define their being ABDL on a spectrum, it is at that point circumferencing a group of ideas(a blanket as it were).

Further more, reading about the definitions of fetish. I actually found that you could argue that's not 100% correlative to sex either, as a fetish does not have to be sexual, but just a fixation on an object. Tho I'm not sure if this is an accepted terminology, it does seem common place. And I have seen it used in real life and online after I thought about it. as a way to point to obsessions that were non sexual.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-word-for-a-non-sexual-fetish So, it appears you could argue that ABDL is a fetish in all cases. Just sometimes sexual, and sometimes non sexual. Unlike your initial claim. But I didn't come here to argue that, as I'm not as well versed in what makes something a fetish or not. My original reply was only to defend the logic of the OP. That I do not see any fault in their wording/logic.

As far as I can see, most online ABDL polls show a majority being sexual fetish, and a minority being non sexual.
I'm not saying that if you are ABDL it has to be a sexual fetish. I'm only claiming that there is a very high correlation between the two, and the original post was about that making them feel alone. As they are in (what appears online) to be a minority.

I feel like I'm arguing that brown eggs come from chickens, and you are arguing not all eggs from chickens are brown. Then you seem to come back and twist mine and others words into claiming that we are claiming that the chicken can only lay brown eggs and calling us all fools. when that was never claimed by anyone.

No one claimed ABDL is always sexual. However, the majority in polls do show that ABDL is sexual to the participants of the polls. Drawling a calculated assumption, that the online community is more sexual then non sexual in these regards. But regardless if even accurate, the original post was that they felt alone in being in the non sexual side of things. Wich points to more evidence of it being a minority group in ABDL.

LilByte said:
When I say ABDL is a blanket term, I'm defining that by saying, if you have to ask someone to define their being ABDL on a spectrum, it is at that point circumferencing a group of ideas(a blanket as it were).

Further more, reading about the definitions of fetish. I actually found that you could argue that's not 100% correlative to sex either, as a fetish does not have to be sexual, but just a fixation on an object. Tho I'm not sure if this is an accepted terminology, it does seem common place. And I have seen it used in real life and online after I thought about it. as a way to point to obsessions that were non sexual.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-word-for-a-non-sexual-fetish So, it appears you could argue that ABDL is a fetish in all cases. Just sometimes sexual, and sometimes non sexual. Unlike your initial claim. But I didn't come here to argue that, as I'm not as well versed in what makes something a fetish or not. My original reply was only to defend the logic of the OP. That I do not see any fault in their wording/logic.

As far as I can see, most online ABDL polls show a majority being sexual fetish, and a minority being non sexual.
I'm not saying that if you are ABDL it has to be a sexual fetish. I'm only claiming that there is a very high correlation between the two, and the original post was about that making them feel alone. As they are in (what appears online) to be a minority.

I feel like I'm arguing that brown eggs come from chickens, and you are arguing not all eggs from chickens are brown. Then you seem to come back and twist mine and others words into claiming that we are claiming that the chicken can only lay brown eggs and calling us all fools. when that was never claimed by anyone.

No one claimed ABDL is always sexual. However, the majority in polls do show that ABDL is sexual to the participants of the polls. Drawling a calculated assumption, that the online community is more sexual then non sexual in these regards. But regardless if even accurate, the original post was that they felt alone in being in the non sexual side of things. Wich points to more evidence of it being a minority group in ABDL.

Right, like I've already said. That's where you are getting confused. ABDL is not a blanket term. It clearly has a meaning behind it, and that- again- is adult baby diaper lover. No extras in that, just abdl.

Go back and look at the definition for fetish too. I do believe you are getting the word history mixed up with the currently used definition. Or do you honestly believe it still means magic worship as well..... Also, how long did you have to search the net for find that one piece of "evidence" to support your own beliefs? Stick with the trusted sources and/or well know sources.

Lastly. I'm going to need some sources for those "polls" you are referring to. I absolutely get it IS a sexual fetish for some (a lot even?). That isn't in debate here, only whether on not anyone who is clearly abdl is in it purely for the sex or not. And clearly nobody is.

Slomo said:
Right, like I've already said. That's where you are getting confused
Actually it wasn't my belief that the word fetish could be non sexual. I found it on top of google with many articles saying it is more appropriately described as an illogical fixation on an object. and it fit what I'd heard others use it as in passing. so figured I was wrong by going by the dictionary definition. Also stop saying if i believe one thing i must believe another. Your argument is asinine if you are saying that because I linked to a definition that I found, I must agree with another definition not even found in the same article but in the dictionary that I had not even referenced.

Are you legit going to argue my use of a slang idiom "blanket term". That I used merely to state ABDL was a very broad collection of traits (wich have their own terms). That the mixture of said traits is different for everyone who claimed to be ABDL. In example you can't claim that an ABDL is sexual or non sexual towards diapers or being treated as a child just because they claim to be ABDL.

Also who said people had to be purely something? Again you are putting words in my mouth. I merely claimed that the majority sexualize ABDL. That does not in anyway say they have to be 100% pure sex only.
Slomo said:
I absolutely get it IS a sexual fetish for some (a lot even?)

That is literally the argument I was making that you keep saying isn't true. And now seem to agree on?
Slomo said:
By their very definition, neither AB or DL is fetish driven

So you said ABDL is never fetish driven, yet then argue I claimed it is always fetish driven.(and I did not) I claimed it's over sexualized, that does not claim it's purely one or the other, but normally a mixture that is more sexual then non sexual. To the majority.

Originally the statement was that it's sometimes hard to fit in, when a majority seem to be into mainly using diapers as a power play in example DDLG or as a turn on and only for comfort as a secondary. Tho people can do both, for those who arn't sexual and want to remain more innocent, it can be off putting. As when a majority that you see are mixing the two, over time you begin to wonder how few in number others like you who don't wish to mix them are.

I think I know what bothers him. If I'm right, it bothers me, too. Psychologists include not just strange sex, but strange love languages, as fetishes, because love and sex are very, very close. Well, them using a different definition to the common Joe Blow one, is butting up against his ASD, and he's saying, "We need more precise language! A broader definition isn't used by everyone, just psychologists? Well, then, their definition sucks! It's not correct and clear! Ahhh! And while you're at it, diapers aren't pads, or briefs, they're diapers! Precise language, people! Euphemisms wouldn't be necessary if society didn't have a warped view of diapers!"

He's not diagnosed, or interested in formalizing it, but, his sister is, and it runs in families, so, we wouldn't be surprised.

I get it. The same things butt up against mine, but, because I can see why the psychologists' definition is broader, I've made peace with being considered fetishy and weird, even though baby stuff and sex are as far apart as chalk and cheese for me, because, babying and love aren't far apart for me. I've made peace with the psych definition, but, it could be more precise, and no longer necessarily considered a fetish, and that'd be fine, or everyone could start including weird love languages as fetishes, like psychs do, and no one would have to change a thing!:lol: That works, for me, too!:lol:

He can't see their perspective as correct. He's not trying not to. He can't. It's like saying to a blind person, "If you'd open your eyes, you could see!"

Some blind people close their eyes, because, their eyes don't need to be opened, as it wouldn't help, so, their eyelids are weak, so, they keep them closed.

LilByte, I wasn't aware that CG/L (caregiver/Little) was mainly a sex thing. It was my understanding that mostly female nonsexuals hung out on those forums. Hm. . . That's new. Caregivers can still be Dominant McBossyBreaches without being sexual.

Last edited:
I'm sometimes like that. I definitely have a sexual fetish for diapers. They turn me on, seeing guys in them turns me on, reading stories about guys in them turns me on, etc. But I also enjoy them on an emotional level that sometimes has nothing to do with sex. They're comfortable, convenient at times, and they make me feel safe and secure.

I wear sometimes out of need with having a rubbish bladder and sometimes to feel little, occasionally both at same time.

Whenever I wear if is fully none sexual, and either used as a stress/coping mechanism or for genuine need.

For me it's mostly not a sexual thing. I like feeling safe and secure and not having to worry about the big scary things out there in the world.

To answer the question posed by the title of the post?

Yes. There are those out there that aren't sexual with it. I know I'm not. I don't get 'excited' like that when I put on padding. XD (But then again, I don't really do that anyhow. LOL)

LilByte said:
Actually it wasn't my belief that the word fetish could be non sexual. I found it on top of google with many articles saying it is more appropriately described as an illogical fixation on an object. and it fit what I'd heard others use it as in passing. so figured I was wrong by going by the dictionary definition. Also stop saying if i believe one thing i must believe another. Your argument is asinine if you are saying that because I linked to a definition that I found, I must agree with another definition not even found in the same article but in the dictionary that I had not even referenced.

Are you legit going to argue my use of a slang idiom "blanket term". That I used merely to state ABDL was a very broad collection of traits (wich have their own terms). That the mixture of said traits is different for everyone who claimed to be ABDL. In example you can't claim that an ABDL is sexual or non sexual towards diapers or being treated as a child just because they claim to be ABDL.

Also who said people had to be purely something? Again you are putting words in my mouth. I merely claimed that the majority sexualize ABDL. That does not in anyway say they have to be 100% pure sex only.

That is literally the argument I was making that you keep saying isn't true. And now seem to agree on?

So you said ABDL is never fetish driven, yet then argue I claimed it is always fetish driven.(and I did not) I claimed it's over sexualized, that does not claim it's purely one or the other, but normally a mixture that is more sexual then non sexual. To the majority.

Originally the statement was that it's sometimes hard to fit in, when a majority seem to be into mainly using diapers as a power play in example DDLG or as a turn on and only for comfort as a secondary. Tho people can do both, for those who arn't sexual and want to remain more innocent, it can be off putting. As when a majority that you see are mixing the two, over time you begin to wonder how few in number others like you who don't wish to mix them are.

Once again, you are really confused here. I'm not twidting a single thing you're saying, you just keep getting the different terms mixed up.

So one last time then I'm just going to have to give up on you. Yes there are lots with a fetish, no abdl is not a blanket term, and again you keep missing the difference between "based on" and "includes" for the difference between abdl and fetish.

And again, and again, the OP was asking if any abdl's wear diapers without it being a fetish. To simplify that; He wasn't asking if any abdl's wear without it -including- sexuality. He asked if any abdls wear without it being -based on- sexuality. And the obvious to the rest of us answer is a big, duh, no even one abdl wears with it being based on a fetish simply because we are abdl.

It saddens me you have been unable to grasp this simple difference. Thoug I do wish you the best of luck in straightening our your misunderstanding of abdl.

- - - Updated - - -

Caspinarian said:
I'm sometimes like that. I definitely have a sexual fetish for diapers. They turn me on, seeing guys in them turns me on, reading stories about guys in them turns me on, etc. But I also enjoy them on an emotional level that sometimes has nothing to do with sex. They're comfortable, convenient at times, and they make me feel safe and secure.

Another good example. Your underlying reason for wearing a diaper is the comfort aspect, AND you (like many of us) also include a sexual aspect. You too are a DL and not just an SD.

Slomo said:
Once again, you are really confused here. I'm not twidting a single thing you're saying, you just keep getting the different terms mixed up.

So one last time then I'm just going to have to give up on you. Yes there are lots with a fetish, no abdl is not a blanket term, and again you keep missing the difference between "based on" and "includes" for the difference between abdl and fetish.

And again, and again, the OP was asking if any abdl's wear diapers without it being a fetish. To simplify that; He wasn't asking if any abdl's wear without it -including- sexuality. He asked if any abdls wear without it being -based on- sexuality. And the obvious to the rest of us answer is a big, duh, no even one abdl wears with it being based on a fetish simply because we are abdl.

It saddens me you have been unable to grasp this simple difference. Thoug I do wish you the best of luck in straightening our your misunderstanding of abdl.

- - - Updated - - -

Another good example. Your underlying reason for wearing a diaper is the comfort aspect, AND you (like many of us) also include a sexual aspect. You too are a DL and not just an SD.

This is my last post on this thread, as I realize I'm not talking to you, but at you.

You bounce back yet again to saying I'm using a slang word wrong(blanket term); And then tell me I'm using acronyms wrong. that also aren't found in the dictionary and have a different definition for each person you ask, besides the words they stand for. Further, after all this. Are so uncouth, pompous, and quite vexing that talking to you makes me want to reply in like kind.

And as far as arguing "based-on", there is no way to argue what things are or aren't based on. I was only stating that some people highly revolve around the idea of some aspects. And you yet again keep equating that to absolutes. The mind does not deal in absolutes. If it did we wouldn't need sociologist and so forth.

For further clarification since English is a living language, not a dead language like Latin. Thus subject to evolving contextual statements. I will define my usage of the word sexual. In this case not as the old standard definition of sex between a male and a female, But as an expression of anything that gets someone off.

I was in an accident at a young age , resulting in total loss of bladder control , I got tired of the plain white briefs , and just knew there had to be something better , so I did a search , only other choices were baby printed briefs , so I figured instead of dreading my condition I might as well rule it instead , I bought some interesting looking briefs , and didn't care what others would think if they saw them , I do like Cartoons and its not unusual for adults to wear underwear with cartoon prints , so why cant I wear printed briefs .

I know many AB/DL's would love to have this condition , its not as fun as you think , I cant take off the brief I am stuck in it no relief , unless using a Catheter ( and believe me Caths cause problems of their own . Its less then pleasant if you run out of product as you cant just hold it or go to the restroom , you gotta either buy some products or suffer an embarrassing situation .

As to DL/AB being a sexual thing or not , Well its all up to the individual , same as cross dressing , some men find women's panties or clothing more comfortable then mens , yet a stigma and is deemed abnormal . Yet on the flip side if a woman likes to wear men's clothing , its perfectly acceptable and is not considered some sort of fetish or sex related .

Dr.Phil for instance thinks AB's and those who wear Adult Briefs who are not incontinent , have some sort of mental illness that needs treated . I never liked the DL term it should be change to a more accurate term such as Diaper wearer .

Some people like Sweat pants , or jeans while others like silk Dress pants , Some people prefer to wear PJ's while at home . As a retailer who sells incontinence products , I don't judge , If you like something wear it and no one has the right to tell you its wrong based on the reason your using these products . Nor make assumptions about it .

Last edited:
I'm a female AB, and I do not include diapers in sex. I wear them as others said before, for stress relief, comfort and because I have just had the want to for many years. I remember when I first learned about it, I was taught that it is a fetish, but it doesn't have to be. You are not alone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back