Found this elsewhere--interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. I'm not sure I agree with quite a bit of it, but interesting.

Interesting, and has potential, it's nice to see any sort of academic interest in incontinence. However, this paper is nothing special, and would have been better suited as a product pitch. It comes across as amateur at best, and the author clearly has "Thesaurus Syndrome". I would, all the same, love to see a product like this become regularly available.

Felix said:
I would, all the same, love to see a product like this become regularly available.

I know what you mean. If only there were a manufacturer that would develop a wearable undergarment comprised of a cover and super absorbent polymers on the inside designed to wick and retain moisture. Maybe someday someone will make a product like that. ;)

But in all seriousness, that's the main issue I found with this paper. The author states that diapers have been around for a long time, and lists several pitfalls of diapers. He does acknowledge that the invention and use of SAP was a major breakthrough in diaper design but that the garment was relatively unchanged (Hahahaha! Unchanged...I amused myself). He outlines a desire to find a better way for helping those with urinary incontinence than using diapers. He then designs and proposes....a diaper that uses SAP padding.

Hmmm...that started out interesting and developed into a or should I say regressed into a...new product treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back