Not open for further replies.

BabyPrinceBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I'm 23 and still living with my parents because of my autism & other mental illnesses. My family doesn't exactly know about me being a little, but I know my mom found one of my pacifiers which I carelessly left in one of my drawers. She said "You should be worrying about saving your money instead of buying stuff adults don't need".

I KNOW they wouldn't accept me as a little. They barely accept me being trans (a trans ftm, to be specific). They refuse to use my correct name and pronouns, but I'm not getting into that here. That's for another place, another forum.

I want to start wearing diapers. I would like to wear them both to work and at home. I know I would feel more comfortable in diapers. I feel more comfortable knowing that my pacifier is close by. I also want other baby things, like a blankie and a bottle. I hope to god my parents never find any of those things when I do but them.

So, the question is, how do I deal with parents who will not be accepting of me being a little/AB? Do I just stay "in the closet", and wait until I move out to explore this lifestyle more? Or, do I tell my parents so I can freely wear diapers and suck on my pacifier?

Do any of you have unaccepting parents? How did you deal with them? Thanks in advance for the answers and help! I really appreciate it! :)

This question pops up from time to time. You'll receive answers from people in both camps, some will say you should be open and honest with your parents about this side of yourself, some will suggest that you keep these interests on the down low until you move out and can indulge more freely on your own. At the end of the day, what you ultimately decide on rests with you.

My mother was very unaccepting. One day on a whim she decided to reorganize my room and found a box full of baby items, she responded quite poorly. To this day, I'm thankful I had ran out of diapers at the time, if she had found those her already negative reaction and tattling amongst family members would have been much worse. How did I navigate things from there on out? I kept these interests on the down low, I never brought up the incident again, if I wanted to regress or wear diapers I would only do so when I knew I would have time to myself, my Mother went on many trips because of her job back in those days so I would have a few times a year to indulge. Currently, I have a great relationship with my Mother, but she does not know about me being an AB, she has never brought up the baby toys she found in my room and it seems she has purged that day along with some of her other less than stellar moments from her mind.

I didn't fully explore my AB side until I was 20 and moved into my own apartment. Having the privacy of your own place is a godsend, you can buy all the diapers, baby outfits and toys you want and you don't have to worry about someone stumbling upon you in full baby mode or your folks finding out and reacting poorly. I've been living on my own for the past 6 years and over that time I've fully accepted my baby side, I wear diapers and regress whenever I can, I still have a lot of adult responsibilities to take care of before I can diaper up and regress.

As I said in the beginning, you're gonna hear varied opinions, but you have to decide for yourself.

Based on what you wrote it seems that your parents are accepting of you to a certain extent, but you said it yourself, you know they won't accept you being a Little, being a Little might be too much for them. If one day you're feeling confident and you think they could maybe even slightly accept this side of you, then by all means tell them, make sure you know what you are going to say beforehand, say it articulately and encourage them to respect your privacy. There are many AB's and Littles on this site whose parents have accepted or at least try to accept this and have given them the space and free reign to indulge. If however, you feel that your parents are likely to turn this against you, react poorly or make your current living arrangement uncomfortable then you may have to either A) buy, wear and regress only when you are absolutely secure in doing so i.e. when the folks are out or B) wait until you have a place of your own to begin indulging fully.

In any event, I hope some of the other ABDL's on this site can give you their two cents so you can weigh your options. Ultimately, whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for you :)

A lesson that I have recently learned is, life is all about ‘putting your time in’.

Sometimes we gotta hunker down, stack the paychecks before we can do things our way, you know? For example, when I needed to buy myself a car I practically lived at my workplace for 2 months until I could put a down payment on my car and finally have what I need. Now, I have a work schedule that isn’t too much, yet keeps me busy. My advice to you, is to use this desire to be yourself as motivation to do what you gotta do. I know it really sucks, I’m in the same boat, waiting to move out before indulging the way I really want to. I want to wear more, but it’s not my roof I’m living under, so I keep it in the shadows. Good luck to you, OP. I wish you all the best. :)

Elibean said:
Your parents can't leave their own home, and I'm sure they don't want to kick you out. Please be considerate. Hang in there. If someone raids your room, explain your need for privacy as politely and firmly as you can. Remember though, you'll have plenty of opportunities to explore and experiment in the future, and this is good motivation to make that happen. For now, maybe focus on getting them to accept your gender identity. That's a million times more important.

That's some sound advice for you Baby Prince Boy :)

I'll echo Elibean's sentiments, focus on your gender identity and getting them to accept you for who you are currently, then if you so chose and only if you chose, decide whether it is right to introduce being a Little to the equation and take the proper steps.

I'll also suggest once more that maybe for now you should keep your Little side in the background and wait until you have a place of your own or some privacy before deciding to indulge and explore this side of yourself more thoroughly.

I got discovered when I was in college and my parents did not support it at all. All I could do was wait it out until I moved out and got a place of my own. That said, it's not always possible for everyone to live on their own. At some point, you have to be you and they have to be them. Somewhere in the middle you all have to establish some sort of detente. How much privacy do they give you? I was an only child and I had the entire finished attic as my domain, so I could indulge a little in private. Sometimes having a discussion is necessary in order to go forward. Sometimes all the discussions in the world don't work if the parents are stubborn or set in their ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back