Do you usually use boosters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like using the goodnites trufit as boosters. they dont have the sticky strip but they are really absorbent and swell up alot. i use a booster when ever i can, and im not worried about the extra bulk in front.

I tried Abri-Let boosters ages ago, but they're too thick to be comfortable and don't really feel nice against the skin. Recently, I got some Lille Maxi boosters, which are much thinner, but still really absorbent, and they feel nice too. :)

I tend to wear them inside Abena Abri-Form M4s. The latest M4s don't wick as well as they used to, whereas the boosters do, so it means more of the diaper gets used before you need to change. And they increase capacity by a surprising amount too.

I've tried diaper-doubling a few times, but... it just seems like too much hassle, it's not comfortable, and you don't really get much extra capacity before you need to (or want to) change anyway.

For the longest time, I'd wear just a good, high quality diaper. I tried a booster (ABU PowerUps) for the first time a while ago, and for me it helps absorbency somewhat, but I like them more for the bulk they add. I actually did a double diaper with boosters last week, and it felt like heaven.

Slomo said:
I never said boosters don't work. In fact, I fully agree they do work. Not as good as having a better diaper, and at the same added cost as a better diaper though. Plus you have to be extremely carefull not to oversaturate the booster or leaks will become a severe problem.

Sure they work, it just doesn't make sense to use them for most situations. Thats all.

If I didn't run across a bunch of Goodnites for so cheap I'd probably go without booster, like I said for me it's more added aesthetic than function.

I love boosting personally, do it every time I wear. The extra bulk is great, and being more DL than AB means I love to pad up in the morning and stick with the one diaper for the day (assuming no messes anyway...). I kinda wanna give doubling a try but I'm kinda hesitant to as doing it with ABDL diapers means it might be too much capacity and I hate wasting them, but doing it with Abena L4's or something I feel is just asking for tape failure.

I too love the bulk and squshieness so I stuff a stripped down Luvs in most every diaper I wear.

I triple boost my super heavyweight night diaper to sleep in I would rather have extra capacity than not enough in the morning.

And for disposable I double boost the NS with a pair of large NS boosters .On the road I don't always have access to a time and place to change ,so i err on the side of caution when traveling, i do know that triple boosting a NS doesn't work because it swaps the SLG.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I used to use the Abena AbriLets but ever since I saw the tutorial on how to convert baby diapers on Reddit I've been using Luvs Size 6 when I'm gonna need a booster. A lot cheaper.

I used to use tranqulity, switched to using goodnites pads which were amazing, then switched to the new northshores when they came out. Now i use boosters everytime because they are so nice! goodnites were too expensive and hard to find. The new northshore ones offered about the same as those for much cheaper price.

I usually use goodnites try-fit inserts, abrilet maxi or azipad as boosters in mine.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I've tried boosters but tend to find that they increase the chance of leakage, not reduce it, because the padding is no longer protected by the side-guards.

The only times I've used boosters successfully without leakage is by slitting the diaper's backing and inserting them inside it, and then taping up the slit. But that's just too much hassle. If I need extra absorbency I'd just rather buy a better diaper.

Tetra said:
I triple boost my super heavyweight night diaper to sleep in I would rather have extra capacity than not enough in the morning.

And for disposable I double boost the NS with a pair of large NS boosters .On the road I don't always have access to a time and place to change ,so i err on the side of caution when traveling, i do know that triple boosting a NS doesn't work because it swaps the SLG.

Where do you place the boosters so that two don't leak? I'm curious to try it out, but I haven't gotten it to work very well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yooo said:
Where do you place the boosters so that two don't leak? I'm curious to try it out, but I haven't gotten it to work very well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Well understand I am a "different kind" of diaper user being I am in a wheelchair, I point up.
So the first one I lay in about even with the front of diaper top (I do fold both my boosters and diapers to form a channel )the second I lay in with the top edge about even with the front of my testicles ,this does two things gives me extensive absorbent support covering the "front weak zone"(area most prone to leak or collapse from over saturation in IC males in wheelchairs) so it also forms a "holding pocket" it leaves a little more room for my anatomy and having a preformed escape channel will allow it to handle a flood and push whatever it can't handle into the channel to wick to the rear where there is also additional multilayer absorbent overlap, so far this "quasi water/flow dynamics" approach has never let me down (as in failure or leak ).
when I go to the doctors it's 6 hours each way on the bus, getting home from the station and making sure my partner is squared away and not wanting or needing anything is probably another 1 1/2 or two hours , so figure that's around 14 or 15 hours in the same double boosted diaper ,and its impossible for me to fluid restrict on trips because that causes all kinds of other dominoes to fall the wrong way,And with no accessible bathroom with time enough to change ,once i tape up in the morning i am commited one way or another , i wear High Rise PUL over top, because all my other plastic rubber or vinyl pants have a pressure point that no amount of tilt or recline will be remedy and will end up as a cut or serious bruise when I get home.so far this offset overlap gives me what I need with no leaking and really extends cover completely throughout the entire belt to belt area of the diaper ,with the strongest concentration of course being the core of the diaper , you could swap the overlap the other way if fecal containment were a priority providing that high intesity pocket to the rear, i cover it all with a full lenght Abena bodystocking and Babykins polo onesie,or should i say my aide does because i cant wear the body stocking indepentdenly i lack the flexibility,strength and dexterity to use the zippers,things that are easy for six year old can be mountains to climb for me.

IF you do use a booster, make absolutely certain the width of the booster is about 1/2" - 1" smaller than the width between the leak guards of your adult diaper. Center the booster in between the guards, and this will leave just enough of a gap so the leak guards can work properly.

Also, make sure the booser isn't too thick when wet. If the booster swells up enough it can lift the diaper up off your skin enough to also lift up the leak guard away from your skin as well.

Either of these two problems will actually work against you, and will increase the chance of leaks more than not using a booster at all. Worse still, thanks to the booster there will be more pee there to leak, causing an ever bigger wet stain when it does leak.

Personally, I find a size 1 baby diaper works best. As a bonus, they actually work better than most boosters out there, and at a fraction of the cost. Still though, you will eventually realize the added cost of any boster is better put to use in just getting better diapers. You'll spend the same amount of money, but get much better performance without the hastle or problems of a booster in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back