Is my computer fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OmiOMy said:
It's a Lenovo G560. The adapter has been voltimeter tested and it is working. It's the original one, too—I'm notoriously delicate with my cables, I even still have my original 3DS cable despite being on the 3DSXL for two years now.

There is good news though! A friend has volunteered his services in computer repair and offered to look at it for free. He says the repair might be a simple one. It's all a matter of actually getting out there. Which is, admittedly, the tricky part.

That's great!

those have a separate charging port - it's not soldered to the motherboard, it's about a 10$ part and an easy fix. hopefully, that's the problem!

Borya said:
That's great!

those have a separate charging port - it's not soldered to the motherboard, it's about a 10$ part and an easy fix. hopefully, that's the problem!

Good news!

We took her apart and had a look at that part, and BOY was it fried. It's been ordered and it's on the slow boat on its way here! ��

OmiOMy said:
Good news!

We took her apart and had a look at that part, and BOY was it fried. It's been ordered and it's on the slow boat on its way here! ��

fried? like melted or just broken?

Borya said:
fried? like melted or just broken?

Broken. The contact wiggled kind of like a loose tooth, but then again it's six years old. Everything else looked good, not even dusty!

OmiOMy said:
Broken. The contact wiggled kind of like a loose tooth, but then again it's six years old. Everything else looked good, not even dusty!

Good! At least you don't have to buy a whole new machine!

Borya said:
Good! At least you don't have to buy a whole new machine!

Indeed! That's so far out of the budget, and I've become attached to my dear machine. Now all I have to do is wait for the slow boat from China!

I agree with you on the geek squad they will never again touch my computers.

It took me weeks to get my programs to work right and get there malware off my computer the only time i let them work on it.

Oh man, I'm so glad they didn't try and put some kind of "diagnostic software" on my machine.

Though during the check they saw my desktop and I'd forgotten to move some graphic slash to folders :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back