How do people around you react?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To you wearing/using diapers or other ABDL or Little interests?

In my life only my mom has ever said anything (not that I brought this to her attention, she just found out as I wasn't quite hiding it as good as I thought I was, even though I always indulged only in complete privacy) and it hasn't been as bad as it could have been, mostly I think she just sees it as weird and doesn't understand and once or twice expressed concern that I may be unable to find someone who accepts this thing I'm into.

I don't think she is aware at all that this is actually a pretty huge thing and many people do accept this part of us, even if they don't want to participate in it.

It seems when she first found out she really discouraged it and tried to get me to stop it (you could say she was trying to shame me out if it) , but I think after a while she must have realized its something I won't stop and now she doesn't even seem to say anything except on a rare occasion when she asks me a question about it.

I don't know if or when I will actually make an attempt to explain it (in simplest terms), since I don't really feel like just starting a conversation about it and as long as I can indulge this side of myself in private I'm fine with that.

When I decide to try my hand at dating I would take a stance that is the same as how I am now, yes others indulging this side of us is great; but I understand not everyone is willing to do that and a lot of times you have to take things as they are with good and bad aspects.

Aside from other ABDL friends, who are accepting and encouraging, I don't sense any other reactions. While it's possible others know when I'm wearing, it's not apparent.

The reaction of my Mother upon finding my baby items was less than stellar to put it mildly, but she was really the only person who reacted in the negative.

The reactions of my best friends was that of acceptance with a few raised eyebrows thrown in. Some are more open to it than others. I have a few friends that I've told who are completely fine with me wearing discretely around them and some who now react to it by playfully bringing up my being a baby and teasing me about it from time to time.

The reaction of my girlfriends was that of acceptance, I attribute this to the fact that I told them very early on into the relationship. My first girlfriend accepted it, but refused to participate and my second girlfriend actually grew to enjoy it and babied me fairly consistently until we parted ways.

My current Mommy is completely fine with it, in fact, she encourages it and thinks it's cute, she has told me on many occasions that she gets just as much out of our dynamic as I do. Her reaction is likely due to the fact that our friendship started via a personal ad wherein I was up front about my desire to have a Mommy as well as the fact that she has known about the AB community and has found it interesting since the early 90's.

Lastly and it goes without saying, my AB and DL friends, including my latest AB friends who also happen to be classmates of mine are completely accepting, we have even had a few padded get togethers and their reactions always put a smile on my face :)

So, all in all, everyone in my corner reacts or has reacted quite positively towards my being an AB, they find it cute and interesting and the ones who are accepting, but not entirely understanding of it or are a little weirded out by it, they don't pry and they certainly don't treat me any differently than they did back when they had no idea I was a great big baby boy. Everyone in my corner has reacted positively and differently and I kind of like that, variety is the spice of life :)

The people that know I'm usually making self depreciating jokes about it around in the odd situation where it comes up, and when there's laughs about it, it's hard for people to treat it as a big deal at that point. For example, the other day one of my best friends was talking about his difficulties in housetraining his dog, and my wife and him were talking about tips and strategies and after a few minutes I just looked at them and went, "It's hard to quantify how much less than useless I am to this discussion." and they had a good chuckle about that.

Yeah, I'd say that reactions are basically nonexistent outside of intentional interactions. I've been to some munches and people will sometimes compliment or draw attention to the fact you've got a diaper on if they're the topic of conversation (which honestly, is less than 10% of the time at munches, the ones I've been to tended to either be more general relationship topic discussions or just unrelated group activities like playing Cards Against Humanity together). I have a couple friends that know, but they either don't notice or choose to say nothing about it (at least partially the latter, as I've had a couple instances where I made a point of going to my room to get into a diaper so we could hang out into the late night and I could be comfortable and they were just like, "yep, whatever"). Nobody in public has ever reacted, and my daytime wear isn't very frequent anyway as I don't ever wear to work.

Well, my family and friends are preetty cool with it. They don't say anything, and they are actually pretty supportive. My parents didn't understand at first, but with time and education, they got the grasp of it and now I'm free to wear diapers around them, or footies, or suck my thumb. It's not like a "big thing" now.

Most of the people I told don't seem to really care, wearing diapers isn't really a big deal, you might get some laughs, but.. there is worse out there.

TransKitty said:
Most of the people I told don't seem to really care, wearing diapers isn't really a big deal, you might get some laughs, but.. there is worse out there.

That is how my disabled friends and my younger brother are.
They just understand that I am incontinent, and that I also need to have baby toys and regress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back