A Travesty with Diapers from Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
xpluswearer said:
You cannot equate being white and being a nazi sympathizer.

But I can equate being a Neo Nazi, as the person that did this is one, with the fact that he considers his skin color superior to others, because he does. I said nothing about white people in a general sense, and every single time a nazi is called out and some random white guy feels the need to kneejerk defend the fact that he's white they're perpetuating the idea that they should be equated, and you're doing nothing to stop the idea that it should be equated. You want people to stop doing what you're bothered about? Stop coming to the defense of Nazis just because they share a similar amount of melanin with you.

Maux said:
But I can equate being a Neo Nazi, as the person that did this is one, with the fact that he considers his skin color superior to others, because he does. I said nothing about white people in a general sense, and every single time a nazi is called out and some random white guy feels the need to kneejerk defend the fact that he's white they're perpetuating the idea that they should be equated, and you're doing nothing to stop the idea that it should be equated. You want people to stop doing what you're bothered about? Stop coming to the defense of Nazis just because they share a similar amount of melanin with you.
Just as some whites associate with the Nazi mindset you have blacks that subscribe to the Black Power and black Lives Matter & NACCP right? So there is extremism on both sides of the racial spectrum les you forget the Black Power thugs not allowing White voters to vote in Philadelphia Pennsylvania by standing outside polling places with AK-47's and baseball bats! Also the Black gangs that terrorize Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Boston & New York City!
So I guess that both sides have unclean hands I say. That is not including the Hispanic MS-13 gangs that terrorize Long Island and the Southwestern part of the USA. Or the Porto Rico-an gangs that terrorize Miami and Providence Rhode Island. So the entire world has extremism and is not totally clean and holy! Thing is being white is not a crime as some of the youth of today think it is gotta love progressive education in the Public & Private schools thank you George Soros.

Well, taken with the fact that there were neo-Nazi websites on the back of the card, the creator was sending a clear message.

Sure on the face, "It's Okay to be white" is a true enough statement and on its own, it can be a pretty innocent one. The content of the back of the card is what adds context to the message on the front and within that context, the message is not so innocent.

xpluswearer said:
Just as some whites associate with the Nazi mindset you have blacks that subscribe to the Black Power and black Lives Matter & NACCP right? So there is extremism on both sides of the racial spectrum les you forget the Black Power thugs not allowing White voters to vote in Philadelphia Pennsylvania by standing outside polling places with AK-47's and baseball bats! Also the Black gangs that terrorize Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Boston & New York City!
So I guess that both sides have unclean hands I say. That is not including the Hispanic MS-13 gangs that terrorize Long Island and the Southwestern part of the USA. Or the Porto Rico-an gangs that terrorize Miami and Providence Rhode Island. So the entire world has extremism and is not totally clean and holy! Thing is being white is not a crime as some of the youth of today think it is gotta love progressive education in the Public & Private schools thank you George Soros.
That you can't tell the difference between the aims of Black Lives Matter and the Nazis is very telling here. Hell, comparing the NAACP to the Nazi Party is just laughable on its face. That you feel the need to equate a "well, both sides" whataboutism in your view of this subject speaks to my point. It's not enough just to condemn Nazis for you, you feel some instinctual need to find an equivocal thing to point at minority groups for. This is doing very little to support the notion that we should not consider Nazis and Whites bedfellows.

Now, this is a notion that I do not support, but clearly you feel too closely associated with the Nazis by virtue of being white that you have a need to grasp at straws for some sort of equiocating tu quoque at minority support groups. Why? What are you trying to prove here? That we shouldn't condemn Nazis because of how you view BLM and the NAACP? What's the end goal here? I make the point that we should not compare the actions of white supremacists with the white population at large, and you respond by doing that exact same thing with regard to minority groups? Why?

Which one of us truly doesn't believe in this comparison at this point? Because it seems to me from your statements here that kind of association is exactly the thing you're after. You're just bothered at the notion of doing it to white people, a notion I specically pointed out I did not support, btw, but a thing you bring up completely unprompted.

If you truly don't believe whites should be associated with Nazis, then show it, stop defending them, and give Blacks the same benefit by not trying to use the existence of gangs as a tu quoque whataboutism to defend Nazis.

Maux said:
That you can't tell the difference between the aims of Black Lives Matter and the Nazis is very telling here. Hell, comparing the NAACP to the Nazi Party is just laughable on its face. That you feel the need to equate a "well, both sides" whataboutism in your view of this subject speaks to my point. It's not enough just to condemn Nazis for you, you feel some instinctual need to find an equivocal thing to point at minority groups for. This is doing very little to support the notion that we should not consider Nazis and Whites bedfellows.

Now, this is a notion that I do not support, but clearly you feel too closely associated with the Nazis by virtue of being white that you have a need to grasp at straws for some sort of equiocating tu quoque at minority support groups. Why? What are you trying to prove here? That we shouldn't condemn Nazis because of how you view BLM and the NAACP? What's the end goal here? I make the point that we should not compare the actions of white supremacists with the white population at large, and you respond by doing that exact same thing with regard to minority groups? Why?

Which one of us truly doesn't believe in this comparison at this point? Because it seems to me from your statements here that kind of association is exactly the thing you're after. You're just bothered at the notion of doing it to white people, a notion I specically pointed out I did not support, btw, but a thing you bring up completely unprompted.

If you truly don't believe whites should be associated with Nazis, then show it, stop defending them, and give Blacks the same benefit by not trying to use the existence of gangs as a tu quoque whataboutism to defend Nazis.

Agreed. I don't see how this tact leads to anything better for anyone. We can be appalled by racism where it appears and try to make things better or we can continue to point fingers at everyone else when there is a problem. That this thread isn't even based in a matter of abstract principle but a report a thing that happened makes the reaction all the stranger. How hard is it to say this isn't cool without bringing up other slights, real or perceived?

I'm a white guy and I don't feel put on the spot by this. Some racist wanted to get attention and it worked. I don't support it (that was easy to say). If you're not interested in racial teams, this becomes all the clearer as further attempts to disrupt the fabric of society on which we all depend. Find me another story of racism in action and I'll condemn that too. It's wrong when it happens and whatever group it targets.

I dislike racism. Thing is that Being white today seems to be a crime! Sure all races are equal in my book just do not slap the race card on me when If anyone is in the minority here its me being part Native American Indian. So I do not have a appetite for the victim card mentality nor throwing around a term that should be banned by the LSSU word police. Those whom cry victim do not get a shoulder here from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back