Wet my pants again coming out of work yesterday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikesecret said:
Pullups really arent too noticeable so are a good solution for urge incontinence. I was doing errands the other day and saw a guy in his mid to late 40s who was obviously desperate and pulled down his zipper and took a leak against a tree along a busy street. It was clear to me that he'd lost control or was on the verge of it. Nobody said anything to him but I thought of going up and recommending pullups. If you have a medical problem or reach a certain age and cant always control your bladder its better to wear protection than wet your pants or risk going in public.

Good point. My problem being that most pull ups ride up on my waist since I was a preemie and it affected my growth. I'm a size youth large. I used to wear GoodNites to bed until I switched to confidry 24/7 diapers from being tired of leaks.

musicfan9389 said:
Good point. My problem being that most pull ups ride up on my waist since I was a preemie and it affected my growth. I'm a size youth large. I used to wear GoodNites to bed until I switched to confidry 24/7 diapers from being tired of leaks.

Confidry is a great choice for handling urge incontinence. Anyone (like myself) knows all too well that thinner diapers- and especially pullups- simply are not able to hand a flooding from a full bladder.

I still have enough control to not flood......so far..daytime i am good with pull-up ..not so much at night

musicfan9389 said:
... I just feel embarrassed during the day if people might see my diapers. I'm afraid they will make comments about my age and the fact that I wear diapers. ...)

I've been wearing them 24/7 for about 7 years now and not once has anyone noticed. or at least, if they have, they haven't said anything. And if they don't say anything, it doesn't matter to me. As time goes by, you stop caring what anyone else thinks.

Slomo said:
Belted? Do they even make those still? Pullups actually give a better fit, while still covering the exact same area as the old belted "diapers" used to.

Tena still does them, as does Abena and ID. I like them a lot, they're very quick and easy to change, unlike pullups, which necessitate removing your pants). Pullups are really, IMO, only useful to women who wear skirts and dresses. The only reason I stopped buying them was the cost, though I do shell out on a few packs for the summer when the weather is hot because they're much cooler than taped ones.

I have OAB and I wet heavily on my bladder control pads ive used like 4 with in 30min to 1hr i think im becoming urinary incontinent

Since this is about work, I'll share my "At Work" methods.

A few things to mention. I work in a factory, no one has any clue I wear padding, I have access to my locker at any time because it's right on the main work floor and I do not have to share it with anyone.

I used to keep a change in my locker in a small grocery bag, but it was still a hassle to get it out and get to the bathroom. I needed a better solution. I usually carry a LOT of small, but needed, items* in my shirt pockets. Trouble is, I have to bend down to pick things up and out everything would come. So I got a small string backpack, the kind that just cinches closed and the strings double as the straps. I put all of my small items in it, my needed snacks and my extra padding.

No one knows and I doubt anyone cares. I carry the pack with me everywhere and no one has said anything yet. If they do, I WILL bring up the need to HR. When I am working on equipment, I take it off and hang it up nearby. If I leave the area, I take it with me.

Only one person has joked about seeing what I have inside my bag and I said "It would be both glorious and horrifying." And that was it. :) So, if this might work for you, give it a try. After people seeing me with the bag all the time, no one even notices when I take it in the bathroom. Once business in the bathroom is concluded, I just wrap the used padding up and put it in the bin. I do NOT try to cram it into those little 'sanitary' bins for tampons/pads. That would be horrible trying to get it back out and I don't want anyone to get that familiar with my pee.

(For those curious folks: My bag contains a small plastic figurine of Rocky from Paw Patrol for good luck, a stuffed sweet-smelling pink ram, two ink pens, a tire-pressure gauge, my wallet, work ID, keys, MP3 Player, phone, padding, a bag of nuts, a bag of jerky and a packet of crackers.)

StarWars7 said:
I have OAB and I wet heavily on my bladder control pads ive used like 4 with in 30min to 1hr i think im becoming urinary incontinent

This is indeed quite heavy. What kind of pads are you using? As this could be caused by an underlining medical condition you should get it checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicfan9389 said:
Hello everyone. Today when I was coming out of work, my urge incontinence was acting up and I wet myself. I'm lucky that I was able to just get in my car and drive home since it was the end of the day. I'm so embarrassed though. I may be small and have a small bladder. I'm afraid to wear protection like my doctor recommended during the day. I wear North Shore Supremes or ConfiDry 24/7's at night. but nothing during the day. GoodNites may work, since my underwear size is the same as the largest GoodNites, but I would be nervous if my shirt came untucked. (Since they have kids designs) I wore GoodNites until 4 years ago when they leaked and I also would not want them to leak during the day. Sorry for the rant, but I'm nervous and wondering if anyone has some tips for daytime accidents. (and where to hide my diapers so I don't get looked at weird) I do have some brain development issues from having a brain bleed as a preemie so people already know I'm different, but I'm still worried what they would think. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I have to deal with daytime accidents since 5 years and know how you feel. I was even on sick leave for a few weeks back then because I had panic leaving the house, fearing people would notice my diaper.
But this fear it total BS, I also had to learn that. It´s a process but it get´s better when you work on it. Since the leakages where massive and floodlike back then I had to wear really absorbend products also at day. But it turned out that my whole fear was for nothing. Since you have a small bladder, like you mentioned, such heavy calibers do not seem to be necessary so it´s even better.

Noone hears your diaper!
Put a (not too)tight fitting boxer-shorts or even better a onesie(plain colored) over your diaper and a pair of good/lose fitting trousers/jeans. Noone will hear a thing, at least if they don´t go ahead just pressing their ears against your butt. So far I do not know any culture that does this - ur fine.

Noone sees your diaper!
If you dress correctly(like I and others mentioned) noone will notice even thicker ones. When you wear an onesie it is virtually impossible to spot anythig peeking out. A longer shirt might be enough in most cases.

Noone will care or make fun of you!
Noone ever noticed me wearing diapers in public. Save for 3 occasions that where just super bad luck. Even then - noone was negative or making fun. All where discreed about it and probably equal embarrassed than me. People are more respectful than you might think - exept maybe you are in school. Kids can be huge a-holes in that case. But a mature human beeing? No problems.
But really, noone will even assume you could be wearing a diaper if you do not something doubtful like dressing AB in public...

You really should start thinking about wearing something for daytime protection. Wet trousers are far more worse than wearing a diaper noone notices or cares about. The biggest obstacle in this case is in your mind. But you can overcome that, I´m sure. Just give yourself a little time.

Cheers

Walgreens certainty maximum absorbancy i take medication that causes this and makes my mouth dry ive been to the doctor many times im negatve for diapetes

- - - Updated - - -

It prescribed im going to the doctor may 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back