Wet my pants again coming out of work yesterday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello everyone. Today when I was coming out of work, my urge incontinence was acting up and I wet myself. I'm lucky that I was able to just get in my car and drive home since it was the end of the day. I'm so embarrassed though. I may be small and have a small bladder. I'm afraid to wear protection like my doctor recommended during the day. I wear North Shore Supremes or ConfiDry 24/7's at night. but nothing during the day. GoodNites may work, since my underwear size is the same as the largest GoodNites, but I would be nervous if my shirt came untucked. (Since they have kids designs) I wore GoodNites until 4 years ago when they leaked and I also would not want them to leak during the day. Sorry for the rant, but I'm nervous and wondering if anyone has some tips for daytime accidents. (and where to hide my diapers so I don't get looked at weird) I do have some brain development issues from having a brain bleed as a preemie so people already know I'm different, but I'm still worried what they would think. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I would recommend getting the Depend underwear for Men, it is green and almost identical to normal underwear. If anything else, you can wear underwear over whatever protection you wear, and try to tuck it in. It works for me, as I have mild Urge Incontinence. Tucking in your under-shirt also helps to hide it. If you only need light protection for occasional accidents, nobody will ever notice so long as you take precautions. Trust me, nobody will notice. If you need something thin, with good protection, here's a website that has been an incredible resource for me:

www.NorthShoreCare.com

This is not an ad. These people genuinely care, and they will have what you need. Plus, you can auto-order.

Good luck! I hope things get better for you!

Felix said:
I would recommend getting the Depend underwear for Men, it is green and almost identical to normal underwear. If anything else, you can wear underwear over whatever protection you wear, and try to tuck it in. It works for me, as I have mild Urge Incontinence. Tucking in your under-shirt also helps to hide it. If you only need light protection for occasional accidents, nobody will ever notice so long as you take precautions. Trust me, nobody will notice. If you need something thin, with good protection, here's a website that has been an incredible resource for me:

www.NorthShoreCare.com

This is not an ad. These people genuinely care, and they will have what you need. Plus, you can auto-order.

Good luck! I hope things get better for you!

I've tried Depends before since thats why I wore to bed thinking they wouldn't leak as much as GoodNites. I wish they made the Depend for Men the same size as GoodNites because I'm small.

A concise list of tips for wearing to work:
1) No one will notice you're wearing (at least not with NS Supremes or ConfiDry 24/7s, like you mentioned you wear at night. I wear NS Supremes every day under jeans). It never even crosses the mind of non-DLs. Really, everyone has better things to do than stare at others' crotches, lol.
2) Bring a change with you just in case, and wrap it in a grocery store bag. Pack it in a backpack, briefcase, etc. If you need to change, just take the bag out and walk to the bathroom. 99.999% of people will assume it's lunch leftovers or something uninteresting you brought from home. If you take the whole backpack/briefcase/etc with you, people will assume you're leaving for the day, and are more prone to ask questions. If you have a lunch pail/box/etc, you can bring that, and if anyone questions you you can say you're going to rinse it out in the bathroom.
3) Act calm. No one will know about your diapers unless you tell them. If you act uncomfortable, people will catch on that "something's up", and will inspect you closer. They STILL won't find out you wear a diaper, and probably will come to even worse conclusions that aren't even remotely true while trying to figure out why you look so uncomfortable. ("Maybe they're stealing something and don't want to be caught?!"). So just play it cool, haha.

Just think how noticable your wet pants are. The same with leaks. Now think of the millions of pullups and diapers that are sold in the uS each year. How many people you must be running into who are wearing them. Did YOU notice they were padded? Then why would they notice you wearing as well.

Remember, a thick diaper that has done its job is WAY less noticable than a thin one that has leaked (or especially no diaper at all). If you're still worried about being noticed though, then also wear a PUL diaper cover and a plain white onesie. Also make sure your pants are not tight or form fitting. Relaxed fit and one pant size larger leaves ample room to keep your diaper hidden.

You could also look into plain onesies which would hide your daytime diaper yet allow you access to be able to change into a tabbed diaper. (Tabbed diapers are so much simpler to change than a pull up where you have to strip below the waist to change.) You can wear underwear over the onesie if you want extra camouflage if it isn't too warm for you. Otherwise, it just looks like a long, tucked-in short.

Then it would be a matter of dropping your pants and shorts, unbuttoning the onesie and do your change. Then it's snap the onesie and pull everything back up. It you master the standing change, than changing in a stall is not a chore.

I usually change standing up all of the time and it is nice when you are in a stall and the floor looks really sketchy and you know that you don't have to remove shoes and pants to change.

get you some wear to work onsies off ebay they are plain colored no print some times you can even find the polo onesies also they work great for holding up diapers pull ups and they dont come untucked for all to see diaper pullups

I have started wearing pull up briefs for light leaks during the work day, I started about 6 months ago and no way anyone can tell, I do not have a lot of leaking but enough that i was having those tell tail wet spots almost every time after voiding, so now I don't worry about is at all.

As someone who has been in a very similar position to you, I think it's time to start wearing some form of protection in the daytime. Like you I used to wear Goodnites in the daytime, but they leaked. And the sides would break sometimes. After this happened at work once, I was very embarrassed, especially as I was 21 at the time.

After this incident, I realized that I needed to wear diapers in the daytime. It wasn't an easy decision but now I have no regrets. Should I have an accident I can just carry on with what I need to do at work and then find a place to change.

I've tried a number of diapers for daytime use - you need something that is absorbent while also being discreet - and you want something cloth-backed, as these are better for your skin and they rustle much less. I found the Molicare Super Plus to be a good daytime diaper if you want something reliable. They always felt snug, even when correctly sized, so you should be alright wearing a small - you can find them here: https://www.amazon.com/Hartmann-Mol...1FcfDTJwlL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I'd also recommend Tena Diapers for daytime use as they are quite absorbent while also remaining discreet, and I believe that they do a small version. But if you're looking for something that's about the same size as Goodnites, you might want to look at Abena Abri-Form Junior - these are very absorbent and they are cloth-backed which makes them more discreet. You can find them on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/Abena-Abri-F...ie=UTF8&qid=1523481309&sr=8-14&keywords=abena

From my own experience, the biggest struggles about wearing diapers 24/7 were all in my head. Most people aren't that bothered by what underwear you've got on, and if anyone sees your diaper, just stay relaxed and say it's for a health condition. While I don't try to advertise my diapered state, I'm pretty relaxed about people seeing my diaper in public - it's way less awkward than going without and having an accident - and it's much less embarrassing.

Looking back, I really don't know why I found it so hard going back to diapers - just about everyone was understanding about it, especially when I explained it was for medical reasons. You won't regret it.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Other people's inattention to things around them is the best camouflage we have. That and looser-fitting pants.

A onesie will solve a number of problems--get several and use them as your undershirt. They are great to conceal or prevent leaks. You can use them with cloth diapers and plastic pants or disposable diapers of almost any kind.

Hi,

Is your incontinence due to overactive balader?

Medication might help you. And in addition, absorbant products will avoid any wet pants...
Did you try heavy pads? Some are very absorbant. And so easy to replace when wet. No tapes, no noise during the change... And no need to remove your pants!
That way you can change more often without hesitating. It Avoids staying too long in a soaked irritating pullup...

Since you are small, have you tried using the GoodNites TRU-FIT? They are "normal" looking underwear that you put pads in. When I started having to wear 24/7 I was concerned about others seeing the tops of my diapers so I started buying my shirts in a long size which helps cover them up. In 11+ years no one has ever noticed and if they have they have never said anything. We are more aware of what we have on under our clothes than anyone else around us.

What is worse, people seeing you in wet pants or someone seeing your underwear waist band? You could wear "normal" underwear over you daytime diaper to help cover it. even though I don't wear "normal" underwear, I do look at all the different ones that are out there when I am clothes shopping and I am amazed at how many different types, styles, colors, and graphics are on grown men's underwear now days. When I was growing up there was just white or colored boxes, lol.

The more you treat daytime diapers just like normal clothes, don't bring attention to them in any way, others will never notice.

Northshores Go Supreme pull-up is what I use often at work and they are outstanding! They also come in smaller sizes than depend products. Sounds like it may be a good fit for you!

I wear diapers to work every day and here's my tips;

1) Snug-fitting boxer-briefs over the diaper. They will help hide any bulging, they conceal the diaper at the top and mask the crinkly noises. If you opt for the large pads that dr480 suggested, they are secure enough to hold the pad without any additional fixer pants. Those large pads are basically the "body" of a diaper without the sides and tapes, and they're an excellent solution for work and social occasions - and also for people who can't find a diaper to fit because they are literally one size fits all. They are also considerably cheaper than taped diapers.

2) Loose-fitting black pants. Loose, to hide the diaper and black, to mask any leaks.

3) Carry a backpack with at least one change just in case, and if you can, use your scheduled breaks/lunch-break for changing; this minimises any curiosity about why you're taking your backpack out with you.

4) Try the belted style diapers like Tena Flex. These have a velcro-adjustable waistband which can be adjusted to fit any size, so if regular diapers are always too big, you will be able to get a better fit with these. On the downside, this type of diaper is more expensive.

downtide said:

1) Snug-fitting boxer-briefs over the diaper. They will help hide any bulging, they conceal the diaper at the top and mask the crinkly noises. If you opt for the large pads that dr480 suggested, they are secure enough to hold the pad without any additional fixer pants. Those large pads are basically the "body" of a diaper without the sides and tapes, and they're an excellent solution for work and social occasions - and also for people who can't find a diaper to fit because they are literally one size fits all. They are also considerably cheaper than taped diapers.

2) Loose-fitting black pants. Loose, to hide the diaper and black, to mask any leaks.

3) Carry a backpack with at least one change just in case, and if you can, use your scheduled breaks/lunch-break for changing; this minimises any curiosity about why you're taking your backpack out with you.

4) Try the belted style diapers like Tena Flex. These have a velcro-adjustable waistband which can be adjusted to fit any size, so if regular diapers are always too big, you will be able to get a better fit with these. On the downside, this type of diaper is more expensive.

Belted? Do they even make those still? Pullups actually give a better fit, while still covering the exact same area as the old belted "diapers" used to.

downtide said:

Thank you very much for your advice. The ABDL has helped me accept and have fun wearing diapers for my bedwetting. I just feel embarrassed during the day if people might see my diapers. I'm afraid they will make comments about my age and the fact that I wear diapers. At least when I had to buy GoodNites and diapers at the store (until I quit wearing pull-ups due to leaks) my walking/movement issues and weird vocal pitch kind of gave away that my body didn't develop too normally. So I would get sympathetic tone of voice from the clerks, but it was still embarrassing. (Since I knew why they were speaking that way when they didn't usually speak that way to anyone else before me at the checkout lane)

Wearing diapers 24/7 is embarrassing at first, we have gone through what you are feeling but the more you wear the easier it gets and you have to accept you have a medical issue and need diapers to keep your pants dry.

Wearing looser fitting relax fit jeans (dark colour) black is the best I have found and a plain colour onesie will help keep your diaper hidden. I have been wearing premium dry 24/7’s and now Better dry diapers for over 3 years and have had no issues. No one will notice as long as you do not react every time you pee once you learn to trust your diaper to do its job a lot of the stress of having a blader issue will disappear.

If some one does notice and says something just say its a medical issue and you have no choice but to wear and move on most people will understand.

Wet pants are way more noticeable then a bulging diaper also when you are worried about not making ot to the bathroom that will be noticeable to most people.

Wear the protection you need and try to stop worrying about what people may or may not see or say and remember you are not alone in needing protection there are millions of us in north america alone that are back in diapers for a bladder or bowel issue

Being new to the life of diapers 24/7 due to a medical reason I can totally relate to your hesitation towards wearing protection. However I can tell you that the biggest bulkiest diaper is far better than wet pants. No one is going to notice you wearing protection. Be confident and accept that diapers are the best option to control your incontinence.

Pullups really arent too noticeable so are a good solution for urge incontinence. I was doing errands the other day and saw a guy in his mid to late 40s who was obviously desperate and pulled down his zipper and took a leak against a tree along a busy street. It was clear to me that he'd lost control or was on the verge of it. Nobody said anything to him but I thought of going up and recommending pullups. If you have a medical problem or reach a certain age and cant always control your bladder its better to wear protection than wet your pants or risk going in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back