Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteBrite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I ordered a few Little toys from Amazon that came today. A soft, fuzzy giraffe that has a thin tummy that crinkles when you rub it and a multi-surfaced bead buddy that rattles when shaken. I was in my Little space playing with them this afternoon and started shaking them near my ears. I had such an intense and pleasurable ASMR response that really made me feel like a baby. I ended up playing with them for nearly an hour and found it really hard to stop. I never realized before why baby rattle toys could be so entertaining. I was just wondering if others have ever had similar reactions and/or ASMR responses to these kind of infant toys.

Welcome to the rattle club :)

In all honesty, it seems that not many babies on here have discovered the joys of a baby rattle, but for years they have been one of my ultimate baby toys. I absolutely adore rattles of all shapes and sizes, there is something satisfying about them, from the gripping of them to the lackadaisical shaking of them to the wonderful noises they make. Whenever I diaper up and regress I always have my rattles on standby. The sound they make is just super nostalgic for some reason, that slightly high-pitched chiming just immediately puts my mind back to infancy and screams baby to me. Soft rattles are particularly fun too because you can both shake and gum those.

I think it's funny that you referred to it as ASMR, that's kind of the effect they have on me as well. I enjoy my rattles but have never tried shaking them near my ears, perhaps I'll have to give it a go. Shaking a rattle for me is definitely a form of sensory recall when I'm in baby mode.

The strength of my reaction just really surprised me. It made me squirm with joy and delight.

The combination of the rattling noises in my ears, while I was wearing a soft warm diaper and sucking on my pacifier completely made me lose myself in the experience. I have pretty strong responses to several ASMR triggers like scratchy sounds, clicking noises and soft whispering but I never had made the connection to infant toys before. It made me wonder if the ASMR response I have is some leftover sensory pathway that I have from when I was very little. The rattling sounds were both very nostalgic but also very similar to the feeling I get from other ASMR triggers.

I guess it probably doesn’t matter what the reason is, I’m just happy I found such a wonderful way to feel little so I wanted to share it here. I’m very happy to be a new member of the rattle club 🙂

Sorry but what is ASMR?

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. It's a shared set of responses a subset of people have to certain kinds of stimuli. Reactions are slightly different among people but the response is generally pleasurable and described as low level euphoria. It was discovered over the last 10 years by people sharing their experiences online about how they reacted when they watched certain types of videos on YouTube. If you search for ASMR videos on YouTube you'll find a huge number of them now. There are a variety of things that can elicit the ASMR response - random tapping noises, typing on a keyboard, soft scratching of nails on fabric, simulated eye contact that gives the impression of someone paying focused attention to you, soft spoken whispers, detailed hand movements. Different people have different "triggers" that stimulate the response. For me most of these work but random tapping and clicking are particularly strong and send shivers down my spine. People who exhibit ASMR typically have had it all their lives but never realized it since it would just occur randomly when the right type of stimuli happened to occur. When I was growing up there were certain things that just made me feel the ASMR feeling - like getting a hair cut and having the scissors snicking next to my ears. Turns out for me baby rattles do the same thing very strongly. ASMR may seem a little strange to those who don't respond to it but probably is no stranger than being an ABDL.

Last edited:
I have two soft rattles. One of them also crinkles and squeaks and has a fluffy part with which I can tickle my lips and cheeks, it’s awesome. Not exactly ASMR response but still truly pleasurable.

I don't find ASMR very enjoyable in general, but I do have one of those soft cube toys with different textures and a rattle thing inside. Chimes and any harsh sounds are really awful to my ears, but this sounds more like shaking a plastic container of beads or rice or something similar. When I'm feeling all bouncy I like to just shake it around and giggle about it^^

I use some vintage high chair rattles to make me feel like a baby again. They have a suction cup on the bottom so you can attach anywhere, then play with them.

clothbaby said:
I use some vintage high chair rattles to make me feel like a baby again. They have a suction cup on the bottom so you can attach anywhere, then play with them.

Oooh, those sound fun :)

I think I've seen those around when I go looking for new baby toys. Next time I'm out and about, I might have to pick up some.

LiteBrite said:
I ordered a few Little toys from Amazon that came today. A soft, fuzzy giraffe that has a thin tummy that crinkles when you rub it and a multi-surfaced bead buddy that rattles when shaken. I was in my Little space playing with them this afternoon and started shaking them near my ears. I had such an intense and pleasurable ASMR response that really made me feel like a baby. I ended up playing with them for nearly an hour and found it really hard to stop. I never realized before why baby rattle toys could be so entertaining. I was just wondering if others have ever had similar reactions and/or ASMR responses to these kind of infant toys.

Yes, this is actually one of the reasons I love all my ABDL stuff, not just regressing but also creating mindfulness.

I have a bunch of baby rattles and teethers.
I find them profoundly soothing and comforting to shake and to mouth for long periods of time.

It's got to be the right rattle for me. XD

Johnson-Johnson-Clear-Rattle-Baby-Toy-Red.jpg

THAT one. Specifically. It will be "insta-little" when I get my hands on it. The HOURS I've spent trying to figure out where the little balls go! (Big me knows, of course, but it sure ain't telling little me!)

Other than that, chime bells/balls will send me scurrying to little space, too. I adore the jingles. (Not harsh jingles like with most cat-bell toys, the soft little clinky chimes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back