Do you worry about people noticing you wear nappies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am urinary incontinent and wear nappies or large shaped incontinence pads all the time. I used to worry about people noticing but gradually realised no one either notices nor cares. Now I just don't worry about it.

Yes and no. Certainly there is nothing I can do about having to wear diapers I do try and keep them private. If some sees them I don’t freak out. If someone ask I’ll be honest. Saying all that I still get nervous in certain situations. Everyone associates diapers with babies and the elderly. Being in mid 30’s and in diapers doesn’t make sense to a lot of people regardless of a medical situation.

Around family, friends and at work I try to keep it discreet and would like to think that people don't notice. Some of them probably have, as I wear most of the time and prefer high-absorbency options that do tend to show through my jeans a little, plus there are other clues for the curious (an extra bag floating about, not going to the toilet very often, making a solo exit when I need to use the nappy for a mess etc.) I'm fine with that, just don't want to force it on them, or make them think about that aspect unnecessarily every time they see me.

Amongst strangers I'm not bothered about concealment at all any more, although I don't make an exhibition of myself and try to be considerate. No-one has ever commented or reacted, even when my secret has most definitely got out, such as when standing in a queue for the bathroom with a nappy and wipes in my hand (a mistake, I don't normally do that!) The posts where people mention being challenged or asked about it seem a little odd to me, given that I routinely go out with a boosted Betterdry under my clothes without getting so much as a stare.

I do get nervous. I prefer to drive when I wear. No one can see or hear.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Decades ago I used to, but not anymore. I do always wear proper atire over my diapers, and in a way that should not normally be noticable. In the extremely rare incident I am outed, then so what. It's not like my being diapered is hurting anyone.

I think with everyone it's just one of those things you start out worried about but over time you get more and more used to it until it just isn't worth worrying about anymore.

I've been 24/7 for several years now, and I've gotten so used to wearing diapers that the only time I "feel weird" is on the very rare occasions when I'm NOT wearing diapers. I might stop to tuck in my shirt or something but that's about it. I don't have a panic attack over it, and if someone saw me, owell, they'll either say something or keep it to themselves. I know for a fact that I've been discovered on at least a couple of occasions, and have never heard a word from them about it, so at least in my environment people are mature about privacy. YMMV there though, if you're in say high school I think playing highly defensive would be recommended because of the lower level of maturity you're surrounded by.

I will however argue against the "no one can hear you or see anything". It does happen to me from time to time. I have vivid memory of some years ago being 15 minutes from close and finding myself in a pretty soaked teddy when an old customer walked in. He noticed my slight waddle (due to a lot of sap bulk between my legs) and asked if I had something wrong with my gait, "you look like you're wakling a little funny, did your leg fall asleep?" "YEP! I've been sitting all day!" (I wasn't going to refuse the "easy out" he just threw out at me)

Twice I've had my crinkle questioned, and both times I've explained it away by tapping the front of my pocket (which is right in front of the side wing of my diaper, which immediately let out an audible crinkle in response to the taps) and simply saying "candy wrappers". (thankfully neither asked if they could have some!)

I don't think it's a good idea to tell people it's never going to happen. Maybe for some of you it never has, or no one has said anything to you about what they've heard or seen, but at least in my experience, it does happen occasionally. Just take it in stride and move on.

Nope! Never bothered me if someone knoticed I was wearing a diaper. I have worn diapers for the past 30 years and it has never bothered me, in fact there where times I’d dress to be noticed and yet no one bothered to say anything

Well actually I never though about it. But last week my wife told me to stop wearing my light grey sweats as you can tell the outline of the diaper and the bulge in front more. So I had to try them on today, she was right. They are not tight but for some reason have little room up front and in the back. Still don't think anyone is going to notice unless you are looking.. Too bad really liked those sweats

I no longer worry about some one noticing my diaper, But I do try to keep it hidden the best I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back