Do you like to joke around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I tend to joke around a lot, particularly at work as it can be pretty stressful (expectations can be pretty crazy considering it's a low to minimum wage job depending on the year/time of year and if the company wants to give out their typical low 3% raise) and joking around usually helps to ease tension.

The only thing is some people don't like being joked around with, it can be something that couldn't even be misconstrued as offensive and some people still get offensive at it and yell at me

I don't take it to heart, but depending on the person and how I'm feeling that day it can ruin the mood.

so I've come to find out who I can joke with, who i can't, what kinds of things really get people going (which i avoid as I'm trying to ease the day for me and it can help others if they aren't so wound up tight, grumpy, and miserable all the time).

Some people even think I'm a jerk (or worse) because everything is serious to them regardless of what you do/say and the intent behind it (I know intent doesn't matter, but I don't get in trouble as it's not an offensive/harassing thing so really all they can do is call me names if they don't like the joking around).

I actually think it can be funny at times how mad people get just from a little joking around.

I do joke around. I found in high school that I could be semi popular by making jokes and repeating jokes from others, like Steve Martin and George Carlin. (Dates himself). I do have a coworker though that almost always has something funny to say. It is funny to a point, but I like to get our meetings done sooner rather than later and his comedy sure can slow things down!

My wife tolerates me. :p

Scaramouche dates himself 🤣

That must be a handy relationship 😆

Me? Well, can't you tell?
Okay, I don't do much joking, here, but it's too easy for a tease to taken the wrong way on the interperv.

No, I hate joking. Making a joke often means making it at the expense of someone else. Either that or purposely misdirecting them, which comes at the cost of time, money, dignity, or some other costly manner.

Doing that to others really does just make people like this a jerk. It's no wonder others get mad around you, you're bereaking the golden rule. Seriously, try putting yourself in their position. It's doubtful you'd like being on the reciving end of that all the time. So then why do it?

I have a very dry sense of humor and I joke around about everything. Unfortunately not everyone gets my sense of humor, so I do have to explain that I'm joking sometimes. Humor is important to me though so I have no problem joking about anything.

Slomo said:
No, I hate joking. Making a joke often means making it at the expense of someone else. Either that or purposely misdirecting them, which comes at the cost of time, money, dignity, or some other costly manner.

Doing that to others really does just make people like this a jerk. It's no wonder others get mad around you, you're bereaking the golden rule. Seriously, try putting yourself in their position. It's doubtful you'd like being on the reciving end of that all the time. So then why do it?

Actually I don't joke around in ways that offend people; if I did I would have lost my job a long time ago.

Most people actually don't seem to mind, theres only a few that do mind and go as far as to Express their hatred of it, but it never gets past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back