Sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was just at Costco with my wife and were walking past a sample table, giving samples of depend new comfortable tailored fit. So she stops and asks me if I want to try. I said no but she grabbed one anyway. I don't expect it to be any good at all but will give it a go when I get home. If anyone is interested. I can give a report.

Definitely please report back!

If possible though avoid flooding so you can use it for longer and better judge the capacity.

Are these a pull on or a tape on brief? Plastic backed or cloth like backing? What colour are they?

Argent said:
Definitely please report back!

If possible though avoid flooding so you can use it for longer and better judge the capacity.

Are these a pull on or a tape on brief? Plastic backed or cloth like backing? What colour are they?
Those usually suck! I only use ABDL diapers.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Pull on, cloth backed, grey in color.
I cant really imagine this is an improvement on anything. It is very thin and looks like any old pullup. Just grey and maybe a shorter rise. No standing leak guards. It must be loaded with SAP.
I tried it out last night, the fit was ok, as requested I resisted the urge to flood it. My first inclination was to do so to prove that it was an inferior product by making it leak immediately. So I let out maybe five slow controlled two to three second leaks.
I must say that it didn't leak maybe due to the pocket that forms in the front when you have it on, and it seemed to wick well enough to allow another leak after a few minutes. The padding runs from mid crotch all the way up the front. So no padding on the seat, hence no leaking when sitting down.
As much as I personally dislike this product. I can see where it would be great for many guys who have a minor form of incontinence. Just not like many of us here that wear for other reasons. I like my plastic backed full tape on style diapers.

Thank you for reporting back on them.

My initial urge is always to smack shrinkflation medical products down and I am also personally not a fan of pull ons or cloth like backing but it would be great to find a surprise product in stores that could be relied on should I ever be caught short one night.

I really am surprised how well Depend does with their pull-ups. I mean they're for people who need more protection than a guard or a shield but really thats a small sect in the incontinence world I'd imagine given how the pull-up really doesn't offer that much, plus when it comes to changing if needed they're pretty far from ideal given one has to take off their pants just to change.

Hotdog55 said:
I really am surprised how well Depend does with their pull-ups. I mean they're for people who need more protection than a guard or a shield but really thats a small sect in the incontinence world I'd imagine given how the pull-up really doesn't offer that much, plus when it comes to changing if needed they're pretty far from ideal given one has to take off their pants just to change.

Decades ago, depends decided they would cater to only the baby boomers. This is why they had gotten rid of plastic backed tabbed diapers. The baby boomers haven't needed anything more than a pullup. And exactly as I called it 10+ years ago, depends has finally brought back tabbed diapers because of the aging baby boomers.

Keep watching too, I'm guessing in another 5 or so years, depends will release an even better tabbed diaper. All to keep up with the needs of the aging baby boomers.

Slomo said:
Decades ago, depends decided they would cater to only the baby boomers. This is why they had gotten rid of plastic backed tabbed diapers. The baby boomers haven't needed anything more than a pullup. And exactly as I called it 10+ years ago, depends has finally brought back tabbed diapers because of the aging baby boomers.

Keep watching too, I'm guessing in another 5 or so years, depends will release an even better tabbed diaper. All to keep up with the needs of the aging baby boomers.

Would be smart to direct more interest into real diapers. I imagine there will be more people looking for those than pull-ups in the coming years.

Hotdog55 said:
Would be smart to direct more interest into real diapers. I imagine there will be more people looking for those than pull-ups in the coming years.

Surprisingly no. Most baby boomers still have the same general mindset they always have had towards anyone in diapers. It is to be avoided at all costs, and even immoral to wear them. That's why they are called absorbent underwear and even briefs with tabs now instead. It's just a mind game depends is playing with them, in order to cater to them.

Slomo said:
Surprisingly no. Most baby boomers still have the same general mindset they always have had towards anyone in diapers. It is to be avoided at all costs, and even immoral to wear them. That's why they are called absorbent underwear and even briefs with tabs now instead. It's just a mind game depends is playing with them, in order to cater to them.

Eventually reality will kick in, or the accommodation for them will continue it will just shift to actual diapers.

I think for many years a lot of the medical or incontinent product company’s have been marketing products based on ideals rather than practicality. They are trying to make the smallest thinnest discreet etc and you often end up with thin scratchy product that has all the comfort of a cardboard box that leaks without notice because it was made to thin or narrow or cheap materials. To someone who’s incontinent I’d rather have a soft comfortable product that feels dry that actually works without constant fear of failure and if it means it is a little bulkier and has tabbed wings etc then so be it. I hope company’s start listening to the community there are marketing to. It’s great that Abdl company’s ie ABU are making such tremendously amazing diapers once more people realise there are far better not comfortable and reliable products out there that more company’s will follow suit. I recently ran out of my diapers and had a couple of old packs of abena flex pads and omg what terrible products they are so hard they make me itch, the fit badly and sag plus leak very easily. I feel sorry for our elderly folk who may be suffering with horrible products not knowing what else is out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Costco but I wish they would actually sell real diapers and not just crappy Depend pull-ups.

INTrePid said:
I love Costco but I wish they would actually sell real diapers and not just crappy Depend pull-ups.

Has anyone ever written to them? Maybe we could talk to them and let our thoughts be heard as another diapered Costco lover.

Not a bad idea, although they probably wouldn't listen. But they do sell a lot of items that are not in the stores. A good quality diaper, in maybe 250ct. Box... Or maybe 500ct.
It is Costco after all.

BOXERSORBRIEFS said:
Not a bad idea, although they probably wouldn't listen.

Big stores like that don't listen to one person. They will start listening if they get the same feedback from numerous people though. They respond to trends, not blips. The good news however is that a very low percentage of people with issues or suggestions actually take the time to contact them, so each contact is counted as though it represents a large number of customers. (say 500-1000) It's just that 500 or 1000 doesn't count for much by itself when compared to their 20 million yearly customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back