Just noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXERSORBRIEFS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So to start off. I have a phobia of putting anything in my ears. I usually have a doctor clean my ears. Well I hadn't gotten around to it for a long while. It had gotten to the point where both ears were plugged and I couldn't really hear much of anything. After days of ear drops and flushing by my wonderful wife, I can hear again. My hearing is like HI Def.
To my point, the crinkle of my diaper, that I really couldn't hear before. Is really loud. It sounds wonderful. I had no idea how loud my uncovered diaper was. I haven't had one on under my clothes since my hearing has been restored so I don't know how noticeable it would be.
Kinda funny loosing the sense of hearing slowly over time. You don't really notice it, until you get it all back at once.

For me, hearing well is such an amazing gift. I've always had excellent hearing which may be why I'm a musician. My brain also works in ways that it understands music and its many components. I can't imagine how miserable I would be if I lost my hearing. Even when I played in a rock band, I always had my ear plugs shoved in so I wouldn't damage my hearing. Even a single crinkle can be an amazing sound.

dogboy said:
For me, hearing well is such an amazing gift. I've always had excellent hearing which may be why I'm a musician. My brain also works in ways that it understands music and its many components. I can't imagine how miserable I would be if I lost my hearing. Even when I played in a rock band, I always had my ear plugs shoved in so I wouldn't damage my hearing. Even a single crinkle can be an amazing sound.

And the organ is so wonderful for a hearing test (going from low to high tones).

BabyDenise said:
And the organ is so wonderful for a hearing test (going from low to high tones).

Did you know Hope Jones went deaf trying to tune the reeds in The Convention Hall organ in Atlantic City, probably back in the '30's when it was installed. Now organ tuners either put cotton in their ears or use ear plugs. You can still hear well enough to tune.

Good hearing truly is a blessing, I remember there was 1 time in high school that I had temporarily lost almost all of my hearing due to a bad ear infection in both ears.

So I went to the doctor and got medicine to take care of the ear infection and in a day or 2 I had my full range of hearing back.

It's a mystery what caused the ear infection, but luckily it was easy to take care of and I never had another ear infection that bad again, I had a few after that where there was pain, but never an almost complete loss of hearing.

I would probably be pretty miserable if my hearing were to stay that bad as I love having a sharp sense of hearing (both for listening to the music I want to and for the music they put on at work which can be hard to hear over machine noises; I'm usually 1 of the few people that can almost always hear the music faintly in the background.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back