Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Yay!! Even the nuk 18-36 was a big relief for my teeth when compared to baby sizes, I'm sure you will be even happier & more comfortable with your adult size one!! Wish I could get my hands on one without anyone finding out!

I have similar pacifiers: one green, one pink with kitty picture and one blue with puppy picture :) Teat is a bit too big for me, I prefer pacifiersrus pacis, but they’re still nice.

Yeah I was using the NUK 18-36+ and while nice, it is too small for my big mouth.

I told my wife that I hope it will help with my nail biting--which she hates. That and my snoring.

It should help with both and more. Using a paci does relax me and I'm less inclined to chew on my nails with one in my mouth. A proper-sized one should be even better.

I have heard good enough things about the quality of my choice and the price is great--not much more than a lot of decent baby pacis.

I hope you enjoy it!

I bought a NUK 5 a few years ago. It's easily one of the best purchases I've ever made.

I wouldn't mind a NUK 5 someday. The smaller latex pacis were pleasing.

It should be here tomorrow. I am just burning up with impatience. So much emotion over a tiny piece of plastic and silicone. In some ways it's frightening.

It came in and it looks great--just minor damage on the packaging but the paci looks great. It is far more comfortable in my mouth than a baby one.

I snapped some shots but there seems to be some photo effect turned on that I'll deal with later. It didn't hurt my fast pics anyway.

Package and contents:

IMG_20180410_132723.jpg IMG_20180410_132746.jpg IMG_20180410_133026.jpg

Size comparison with a NUK 18-36+ (NUK 3):

IMG_20180410_133309.jpg IMG_20180410_133223.jpg IMG_20180410_133353.jpg

That's awesome^^ I have a blue one from the same company, it's really comfortable. I found that on mine though the nipple didn't deflate, but I managed to fix that.

If you're still thinking of getting a Nuk 5, here's my thoughts when comparing it to the LFB one:
You may have noticed that there's a small seam running along the nipple, well, the Nuk one doesn't have that due to it being all latex.
The nipple is a bit shorter, for me that means there's more pressure on my teeth, but the overall width is the same. If your mouth is a bit smaller than mine, it should be no problem.
The shield is a bit smaller and thinner than the LFB one and it only comes in white, that's not really a con since I think the LFB shields are a little too big.
The handle is also smaller and doesn't move as easily (at least on mine), but is still comfortable to grab onto.

I don't know if that was helpful, but those were the points where I noticed a difference between the two^^

I notice the seam as well but it isn't annoying at this time. Now is the nipple shorter on the LFB or NUK 5? The shield doesn't seem to be too big for me but I'm a big guy at 6' 2" 280lbs.

Yeah, I do eventually want to collect a NUK5 and a few more over time. If I get an orange Gen 2 I can mix the parts so I get close to OSU Beavers colors. I tossed my baby ones out since my wife didn't know about those but now I have one I can use around her and alone. The fit for this is soooo much better for me and while I somewhat miss the latex, the silicone is not bad--just different. The nipple is also pleasantly squishy. I may send feedback about that seam though I can deal but it could use some improvement there...

Overall, I'm happy with it. I can understand that if you have a smaller mouth, this may be a bit much but for a big mouth like mine...perfect.

you can remove that seam with a very sharp stanley knife/razor blade and a steady hand. Or maybe heat a knife up and very carefully melt the seam off.

I got their pastel 3 pack off Amazon. I really like them.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

PaddedDeist said:
I notice the seam as well but it isn't annoying at this time. Now is the nipple shorter on the LFB or NUK 5? The shield doesn't seem to be too big for me but I'm a big guy at 6' 2" 280lbs.

Yeah, I do eventually want to collect a NUK5 and a few more over time. If I get an orange Gen 2 I can mix the parts so I get close to OSU Beavers colors. I tossed my baby ones out since my wife didn't know about those but now I have one I can use around her and alone. The fit for this is soooo much better for me and while I somewhat miss the latex, the silicone is not bad--just different. The nipple is also pleasantly squishy. I may send feedback about that seam though I can deal but it could use some improvement there...

Overall, I'm happy with it. I can understand that if you have a smaller mouth, this may be a bit much but for a big mouth like mine...perfect.

It's shorter on the Nuk 5 :)

I think the gen 2's mostly come in pastel colours and in black/white...I have a bright yellow one from gen1 tho, the shield is even bigger, but I looove the colour^^
Honestly I prefer the silicone, latex sometimes has that "squeaky" texture and that's not super nice to me. But the Nuk 5 was my first adult sized paci, so that was already an improvement over the kid pacis^^

ozziebee said:
you can remove that seam with a very sharp stanley knife/razor blade a3nd a steady hand. Or maybe heat a knife up and very carefully melt the seam off.

I was thinking on those lines but with my Parkinson's, I fail at having steady hands. lol

- - - Updated - - -

I went to sleep with my paci in my mouth last night. I think it fell out a couple of times but I just put it back and slipped back into unconsciousness.I normally wake up until middle of the night anyways.

I actually slept pretty good and it was nice waking up while I was sucking on it. Quite nice.

I didn't notice the seam while I slept--I notice it more when I'm awake and playing with the nipple with my tongue. I suppose I can use the seam to scratch my tongue. lol. But I can live with it for now.

I sent LFB feedback on the pacifier and--in an e-mailed response--asked if I could send a picture of the problem. With the clear silicone--and my camera--I doubt I could send a pic but I did describe it in more detail and mentioned that it could easily be felt with the tongue.

I think that anyone else that notices this should send the company feedback on this and perhaps they can find a solution.

If I get a good Exacto knife and a particularly steady day, I may consider carefully trimming it. I just don't want to hack it to pieces which is why I'm balking.

Not it was quite helpful. I'll just have to work on getting one when I can. I mean, can you just stop at owning just one paci? lol

I had to take a break yesterday since my teeth were hurting. I overdid it a bit but I guess I can try to us some moderation in my use.

But it is sooo natural to have it in my mouth. Now I can understand why a lot of kids don't want to give them up.

nice i have the same one and I love it (once i figured out how to properly use a paci) it's just the right size for me

PaddedDeist said:
Well I asked my wife at the right time and I was able to order my first adult paci off of Amazon. She did ask me if I was only going to use it at home, which was my plan anyway.

But I should see it sometime next week. I'm going nuts with the wait though.

I just ordered one too. Although I decided to get it from Baby-Pants since I was getting a onezie aswell. Now for the waiting... LOL!

One thing that I experienced that a few others have mentioned is the nipple collapsing and making the paci not as enjoyable.

However it is an easy fix since the LFB pacis are made to be easily disassembled so you can mix and match with other bigshield gen 2 pacis.

You disassemble the paci and you'll notice that the nipple is slid onto a (tab?) carefully pull it off and without squishing it, carefully put it back on. If you use a stylus or the narrow handle of a small spoon to manipulate the nipple it makes the job easier. Just carefully work that nipple down as far as you can get it. Then it should be able to be easily put together. The most difficult part may be not squeezing the nipple while reattaching it so using a long and thin object to work that nipple on is crucial.

If that endcap does not want to butt up to the shield, you need to work that nipple on a bit further.

If you do it right you get a fatter nipple if you manage to trap enough air. If not, disassemble and try again.

In practice, this is really not too terrible and I can do it easily as long as my tremors are not going nuts.

I wonder if venting it would help--but when it is holding good air, I find it quite pleasing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back