Finally gettiing my adult paci!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PaddedDeist said:
One thing that I experienced that a few others have mentioned is the nipple collapsing and making the paci not as enjoyable.

However it is an easy fix since the LFB pacis are made to be easily disassembled so you can mix and match with other bigshield gen 2 pacis.

You disassemble the paci and you'll notice that the nipple is said onto a (tab?) carefully pull it off and without squishing it, carefully put it back on. If you use a stylus or the narrow handle of a small spoon to manipulate the nipple it makes the job easier. Just carefully work that nipple downasfar as you can get it. Then it should be able to be easily put together.

If that endcap does not want to butt up to the shield, you need to work that nipple on a bit further.

If you do it right you get a fatter nipple if you manage to trap enough air. If not, disassemble and try again.

In practice, this is really not too terrible and I can do it easily as long as my tremors are not going nuts.

I wonder if venting it would help but when it is holding god air, I find it quite pleasing.

I prefer it if my paci deflates and reinflates as I suckle, since having all the air trapped inside makes it too bulky for me. Of course it's not ideal if it stays deflated, but that's why I poked a hole into that tab thing so air can escape but also easily flow back in again. But I guess that's also a thing of preference :)

Schwanensee said:
I prefer it if my paci deflates and reinflates as I suckle, since having all the air trapped inside makes it too bulky for me. Of course it's not ideal if it stays deflated, but that's why I poked a hole into that tab thing so air can escape but also easily flow back in again. But I guess that's also a thing of preference :)

I'm a little hesitant to poke holes but that option is still there. Now did you do more of a pinhole or does it need to be bigger?

PaddedDeist said:
I'm a little hesitant to poke holes but that option is still there. Now did you do more of a pinhole or does it need to be bigger?

I actually just took a regular sewing pin/needle, heated it in a candle flame (I used needle nose pliers to grab onto it so I wouldn't burn my fingers) and just stuck it through the plastic. It went through very easily and I didn't need it any bigger. If I remember correctly, I bent the needle slightly so the hole wouldn't be at an angle, but it would probably work either way.

PaddedDeist said:

You can also take a serrated kitchen knife and moderately tap the surface of the diaper (hopefully before you put it on). That will poke a bunch of little holes in the plastic.

Slomo said:
You can also take a serrated kitchen knife and moderately tap the surface of the diaper (hopefully before you put it on). That will poke a bunch of little holes in the plastic.

I thought they were talking about making vent holes in a paci, not in padding. O_O

Although I gotta hand it to you, that's a -really- good idea for when you want to make a stuffer. :3 Get the job done quicker!

CuddleWoozle said:
I thought they were talking about making vent holes in a paci, not in padding. O_O

Although I gotta hand it to you, that's a -really- good idea for when you want to make a stuffer. :3 Get the job done quicker!

Oh, sure enough I just didn't read back far enough. My bad.

Hello!!! I have 4 adult pacis and 5 baby ones.. I enjoy all of them. At night usually i sleep with adult one so i do not loose during my sleep. For me it's comfort and relax to suck on it :)

Well, I did break down and modified my paci. I slowly and carefully used a push pin to create a small vent hole.

I have to get used to it not being as fat but it doesn't collapse and be stuck that way. It is actually pretty nice right now and if I want to reverse this, I can just slap a sticker over the hole.

So far it is similar experience to the baby NUK except that this paci is a better size for me and the material is different.

That is so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back