What kind of examinations a doctor might perform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I’m curious. What kind of examinations and tests do they perform when they have otherwise physically quite healthy 24-year-old who tells she has these symptoms:

-a few times I’ve peed a little against my will(probably emptied my bladder since I had just gotten out of toilet). I didn’t feel any need to pee and clenching muscles didn’t stop the flow
-my underwear is always damp but I don’t know whether it’s pee or sweat
-sometimes(maybe once a day/two days)I get strong urge to pee but when I go to pee only less than half bladderful of urine comes out
-the feeling of having half full or fuller bladder feels bad and very distracting
-I need to poo 1-5 times a day. One time is normalish size, others only little harder ”balls”.
-when I pee, I lose control of my bowels, if there is something to come out
-sometimes I get strong urge to poop, and need to get to toilet within 10 or so mins
-when I poo I lose control of my bladder
-when I feel some gas it just comes out, I can’t hold it in at all

I’m considering talking about my troubles with a nurse in nursing home and thus maybe getting to see a doctor, but I don’t know what would happen if I really did it so I’m nervous. Help please.:frown:

First and foremost, none of us here is a medical professional so yes, go see a doctor. Could be something, could be nothing.

As for the poo, diet is a major factor. Hard poo may means not enough fiber. Too easy could be anything from too much fiber to something like being lactose intolerant.

Urine could be a bladder infection or urinary tract infection. Or maybe you need to work on your abdominal muscles (Kaegel exercises). Urine problems could also be diet. Too much caffeine or alcohol can cause leakage problems.

Test will be urine and blood work. You night have to give a stool sample. The doc will probably poke and prod your abdomen. Depending on what the doc thinks, more tests may be performed.

Again, I nor anyone here is a doctor so a visit with one is probably in the works for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

You'll definitely start off with a urine sample, possibly a blood test too. Right off the bat your urologist will probably give you some pills too. Do give them a try, if anything to rule it out. Take note most meds don't work very well though, and have side effects.

One other possible test is a urine flow and bkadder scan. Basically you pee into a weighted can, which measures flow rate and total volume. Up next is a simple ultrasound of your bladder tocsee if you are retaining any urine. Both are easy, and no big deal.

Eventually you may also be looking at a urodynamics study. It's an incredibly embarrasing test, and is as uncomfortable as being catheterized (which for most is incredibly uncomfortable, and for some even painful). This is their number one, big test though, and is important to have done when diagnosing urinary problems. If/when it comes up, get it done. It's very necessary and will go a long way for getting a good diagnosis.

In my experience with urologists, urinalysis, physical examination (listening to heart/lungs, pressing on abdomen, feeling ankles for edema, etc.), and post-void residual bladder scan with an ultrasound have been ubiquitous right in the office. Every single time I’ve gone in, these things have happened. In addition, expect them to take a pretty thorough history. The more you tell them, the more they’ll have to go on. Since I have male body parts, I have also had a prostate exam in one of my appointments, but not in all. No idea what they do for someone with female sex organs.

I am currently scheduled to have some other follow up - the scope/Camera to look at the bladder. And I’m guessing there might be some other.

I went in to my latest urologist expecting medications right away (hence I started a thread not long ago about the efficacy of bedwetting meds). But in my case, he wants to do more testing before prescribing me anything. Makes sense, but I was kind of surprised by it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The urologist I saw couldn't give me vesicare quick enough not that it did anything for my bedwetting. It helped a bit with my day time incontinene but the side effects were horrible.

Thank you all for answers! Now I’m not as nervous. I told a nurse and will get to see a doctor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back