Ballet/leotards other girly dance stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's inner little girl, is into the whole "Ballerina" idea. . . As a little since I can't really go get into dance I do like the whole 'dress up' idea, pretending to be a ballerina to satisfy my little side lol. Only problem is, I find a hard time finding little girly ballet leotards (That would actually fit me properly) that I actually like. Most of the leotards I can find are plain, don't have the little ruffles on the sleeve/shoulder or the built in tutu so on and so forth.

Anyone else have this problem? Wanting to pretend to be a ballerina but not able to find quite the right sort of sizes on the stuff you want? I'm not exactly the biggest person and I can fit into younger sizes of the stuff that does have what I want it's just super super tight lol. Anyone know a good place to shop for (on the cheaper side) for this sort of thing?

I don't know any particular sites, but I just scoured amazon a bit. When I was a kid and danced ballet, I usually had a plain soft pink leotard and one of those short see-through wrap skirts. Very few of my leotards had any ruffles on them (apart from one long-sleeved one that had a row of ruffles at the waist), but I kinda preferred it that way^^

So, what I'm trying to say is: Maybe look for an inexpensive plain leotard and then a matching chiffon wrap skirt or even a tutu skirt! Or you could DIY one, which is probably what I'd do but then again I sew most of my clothing. But honestly, gathering ruffles and attaching them to a leotard would probably be pretty easy :)

Schwanensee said:
I don't know any particular sites, but I just scoured amazon a bit. When I was a kid and danced ballet, I usually had a plain soft pink leotard and one of those short see-through wrap skirts. Very few of my leotards had any ruffles on them (apart from one long-sleeved one that had a row of ruffles at the waist), but I kinda preferred it that way^^

So, what I'm trying to say is: Maybe look for an inexpensive plain leotard and then a matching chiffon wrap skirt or even a tutu skirt! Or you could DIY one, which is probably what I'd do but then again I sew most of my clothing. But honestly, gathering ruffles and attaching them to a leotard would probably be pretty easy :)

gathering ruffles and attaching them to a leotard would probably be pretty easy

Yes if you are doing this quite regularly. But alas stretch and sew on lycra stretchy fabrics is not for the first time or casual seamstress/tailor.
Best to consider getting a tutu to wear with the leotard and perhaps in SISSY contrasting color.

Leotards - there are more here than just a torso covering piece of clothing.
Some with a wide neck opening and one piece crotch step in style -
others with sleeveless or tank type neck line -
others with wide neck and a snap crotch (best and only one for diaper changes) -
Turtle and mock turtleneck with snap crotch piece or front - back zipper closing -

Sizing is a real task - make sure that you have enough torso length otherwise you
are going to have no room for diapers and the sex of the wearer is going to be
fully crushed and other uncomfortable issues to put up with. Basically the first
one you try on is going to be a trial and error project. Read the labels about sizing
get your measurements to match and leave a pinch more room for diapers and
comfort - beware the snap crotch design - too tight and snaps will not snap or
stay snapped and closed. Too tight a fit and diapers will not absorb urine but
rather squeeze it to a new level (leaks).

On an economy note - shop Thirft stores Clearance sales to get the design with
features that work for you without spending a lot money.

Possibly consider taking a well fitting "T" type of shirt and the bottom snap crotch
panty bottom and having someone with sewing experience mate the two for a
custom fitting leotard.

Your mission is to dance the light fantastic in your very own custom leotard -
optional tutu to enhance the SISSY fairy aspects of your ballet presentation.

Good Luck !

babylock1 said:
gathering ruffles and attaching them to a leotard would probably be pretty easy

Yes if you are doing this quite regularly. But alas stretch and sew on lycra stretchy fabrics is not for the first time or casual seamstress/tailor.
Best to consider getting a tutu to wear with the leotard and perhaps in SISSY contrasting color.

Okay, I agree, sewing on lycra fabrics is pretty fiddly, but I was actually thinking of leotards made of jersey, which is what I wore, and that's easier to work with^^ But yeah, my first recommendation would also be to buy a tutu skirt. Though it is surprisingly easy to sew onesies / leotards from scratch. (And I would consider myself a casual seamstress, I just do it for fun)

The T-Shirt + panty bottom would look a bit weird I think (sorry, just my personal opinion), but if you do have someone who can sew, they can transform a nightgown/T-Sirt-dress into a leotard.

I can't sew, nor do I have the means. Living at home with my parents restricts my ability to do DIY's like this lol.

By ruffles and stuff I mean a ballet leotard like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rowAAOSwYlJW3OPb/s-l1600.jpg I bought this actual one off of ebay because I *should* have fit into it, I say this actual one, size wise mine was bigger but I did have to buy it in a kids size as I can't find any in adult sizes. So its very, very snug. It's not the leotard part it's the skirt bit that makes it too tight. lol.

AddyShadows said:
I can't sew, nor do I have the means. Living at home with my parents restricts my ability to do DIY's like this lol.

By ruffles and stuff I mean a ballet leotard like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rowAAOSwYlJW3OPb/s-l1600.jpg I bought this actual one off of ebay because I *should* have fit into it, I say this actual one, size wise mine was bigger but I did have to buy it in a kids size as I can't find any in adult sizes. So its very, very snug. It's not the leotard part it's the skirt bit that makes it too tight. lol.

Okay, that's fine then, I just wanted to put the idea out there.

I had one like that in mind too, just with a detachable skirt! You can find skirts like that in adult sizes too, in that colour. They're usually either wrap skirts or have an elastic waistband. I don't know how to insert links here, but I found some on amazon, so that shouldn't be a problem...
You also might wanna search for "dance dress" or "ballet dress" since that's what I found them usually labeled as. The adult versions usually don't have the ruffly sleeves, but there are some with the attached skirt. You may have to dig a little deeper to find a pink one of those, most that I saw were black or red or blue, but they are out there :)

I would offer to sew you one, but that's probably not the best plan ^^'

Schwanensee said:
Okay, that's fine then, I just wanted to put the idea out there.

I had one like that in mind too, just with a detachable skirt! You can find skirts like that in adult sizes too, in that colour. They're usually either wrap skirts or have an elastic waistband. I don't know how to insert links here, but I found some on amazon, so that shouldn't be a problem...
You also might wanna search for "dance dress" or "ballet dress" since that's what I found them usually labeled as. The adult versions usually don't have the ruffly sleeves, but there are some with the attached skirt. You may have to dig a little deeper to find a pink one of those, most that I saw were black or red or blue, but they are out there :)

I would offer to sew you one, but that's probably not the best plan ^^'

Haha I'd offer to pay you to if you thought you'd be good at it! (Though I is broke atm) I'm getting to the point in my life where "regular" and "Stock" clothes just don't cut it for me anymore. I want what I want, not what some analyst in the clothing design world thinks I want. Lol. I'm trying to gear myself more towards custom clothes these days.

Tbh, it may be my inner little girl, but I find myself prefering clothes from the teens/tweens section, which, for the most part I can fit into the larger little girls sizes 14/16 16/18 18/20 (Brand dependent on those sizes though) is about perfect for me for most things, however, most of the cuter things are in super small sizes. . . I want to be able to wear an adorable MLP dress, or a cute ballet dance leotard/dress or a pretty shirt and skirt for playing little without breaking the bank. I'd also like stuff I can actually wear out of the house too. I've found most people who do custom clothes are either really expensive or only do like super fetishy stuff though :/ There's a market for someone who can custom make clothes, I'd get into it because I have a good sewing machine I just don't have fabric or skill. Lol No time to learn either really.

AddyShadows said:
Haha I'd offer to pay you to if you thought you'd be good at it! (Though I is broke atm) I'm getting to the point in my life where "regular" and "Stock" clothes just don't cut it for me anymore. I want what I want, not what some analyst in the clothing design world thinks I want. Lol. I'm trying to gear myself more towards custom clothes these days.

Tbh, it may be my inner little girl, but I find myself prefering clothes from the teens/tweens section, which, for the most part I can fit into the larger little girls sizes 14/16 16/18 18/20 (Brand dependent on those sizes though) is about perfect for me for most things, however, most of the cuter things are in super small sizes. . . I want to be able to wear an adorable MLP dress, or a cute ballet dance leotard/dress or a pretty shirt and skirt for playing little without breaking the bank. I'd also like stuff I can actually wear out of the house too. I've found most people who do custom clothes are either really expensive or only do like super fetishy stuff though :/ There's a market for someone who can custom make clothes, I'd get into it because I have a good sewing machine I just don't have fabric or skill. Lol No time to learn either really.

I feel the same way about buying clothes! By now I'm at a skill level where I can make most of my clothes myself (excluding jeans, though shorts are okay) or at least modify clothes to fit/suit me better. It's also really inconvenient for me to buy little clothes since I still live at home, but if I make them myself I can make them not super obviously babyish and thus not raise too many eyebrows.
I uploaded some of the clothes I made on my profile, if you're curious :) Most of them can be worn as everyday clothes, but then again I'm at an age where childish prints are not that weird on shirts...I can't fit into teen sizes anymore (at least I don't think so...hmm...), but my local fabric store has soooo many cute patterns!

If I had the time and maybe a bit more experience in making clothes with just measurements as a guideline, I would absolutely consider getting into the business. Making cute little clothes doesn't have to be super expensive, especially if you don't add a hundred embellishments (no offense to sissys, but if you want to go for realism, that is not the way.) There's also kind of a lack of unisex clothing in my opinion...but that's probably a topic for a different thread.

AddyShadows said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's inner little girl, is into the whole "Ballerina" idea. . . As a little since I can't really go get into dance I do like the whole 'dress up' idea, pretending to be a ballerina to satisfy my little side lol. Only problem is, I find a hard time finding little girly ballet leotards (That would actually fit me properly) that I actually like. Most of the leotards I can find are plain, don't have the little ruffles on the sleeve/shoulder or the built in tutu so on and so forth.

Anyone else have this problem? Wanting to pretend to be a ballerina but not able to find quite the right sort of sizes on the stuff you want? I'm not exactly the biggest person and I can fit into younger sizes of the stuff that does have what I want it's just super super tight lol. Anyone know a good place to shop for (on the cheaper side) for this sort of thing?

Is this sort of what you have in mind ?

http://privatina.shop-07.de/privatina-p1181h186s93-Adult-Baby-Body-Myst.html

Or perhaps this ?

http://privatina.shop-07.de/privatina-p486h186s93-Windelbody-princess-.html

Or even this ?

http://privatina.shop-07.de/privatina-p1272h186s115-Adult-Baby-Set-Balle.html

Let me know I am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLPJ said:

The first one is probably the closest. Maybe the last one but Those are still a bit fetishy. I'm really looking for real little girls clothes just sized up. Nothing overly flashy or sissyish or babyish anything like that.

AddyShadows said:
The first one is probably the closest. Maybe the last one but Those are still a bit fetishy. I'm really looking for real little girls clothes just sized up. Nothing overly flashy or sissyish or babyish anything like that.

You might want to look into some figure skating outfits. A quick image search show what I think your looking for. They tend to be top quality, stretchy and very durable. Just some food for thought

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1206/8052/products/[email protected]?v=1518636525

https://elitexpression.com/image/catalog/homepage image/Charlotte2_new.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting, though not exact, plus probably expensive.

Just as a side note I just saw on YouTube someone named Charlotte dancing in a diaper and Tutu, it is a great look, very cute idea!

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sj3a9w52E[/video]

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Sj3a9w52E[/video]

I have LOTS of dancewear. There are a number of online dance supplies and I've hit a few stores. My wife actually bought me my first set of dance tights.

In the US, my favorites are www.barrysdancewear.com in Scottsdale (never been to their actual store) and NYDANCEWEAR.COM. While it's harder to find, I was able to find pointe shoes that fit my size 12 men's feet.

I have a bunch of tights and leotards (some mens, some womens), tutus, and a couple of complete dance costumes. I also have a real nice custom outfit: pink tights, pink leotard with puffy sleaves and extra "man room" at the bottom, and a pink skirt that I ordered from www.pumpers.com.

A few years back while in the DC Area, I went to the Kennedy Center to see a ballet wearing my dancewear above (except for the skirt) under my suit. I pulled my suit off prior to driving home. While in the lobby waiting for the performance to start, there was probably an 8 year old girl wearing dancewear. I was somewhat envious.

- - - Updated - - -

Figure skating dresses are a good idea, too. I have a red figureskating dress (essentially a leotard with attached skirt). Fun thing to wear!

Hi all....I like the ballet and have an adult tutu thats looks girly...It's pink however its a bit awkward whilst wearing nappies....its hard to find ones that are pretty in the toddler designs we all like(well i do)....oh and i'm a man....never really like superman

- - - Updated - - -

like thee comment about giggles and s--- its so true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back