Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Which word do you like to call for something that you pee and poop in it? Which one sounds better? Why you chose one over the other?

I would have to go with diapers. I was raised with that.

Raised in the US, these 'things' were always called diapers and that is what I prefer to call them.

However, I can switch between nappy and diaper easily enough that when I reply to a post, I try to use the same name as the poster does.

Diapers all the way!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't care much either way.

I use both. Nappies sound like something a kid would say, diaper is more adult word. Nappy is a bit cuter, I think.

Being English I have grown up with 'nappies' and only that word has the special connotations that I associate with being little. I sometimes use 'diapers' on here to help mingle and try to equate the two words, but in conversation and in my own thoughts they are definitely 'nappies.' When I was young and unable to indulge my desires, beyond sneaking a peek at the packs of disposables on the supermarket shelves, or listening in on mothers' conversations about them, just hearing the word 'nappy' or 'nappies' was exciting. I can't for a moment imagine discussing 'diapers' with my loved one.

I'm on the same page as Paxe, I grew up in Australia and as far as I know everyone here calls them 'nappies', but I also interchange with 'diapers' when I'm talking online so that I feel a tiny little bit more connected with pretty much everyone else in the world. I like both words though, if I had a mommy I wouldn't mind being told 'time for a diaper change' over 'time to change your nappy'. :eek:

I refer to my night undergarment as Diaper but also use nappy in conversation or in response to a post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't know why but the word 'nappy' just goes right through me for some reason. I always cringe when I hear someone say it.

IRL, I'd always say nappy, as that's the vernacular in my country - UK. Online, I'd still prefer to use the word nappy, but I can use either one given which one is used before.

PQNY - Don't know why but the word 'nappy' just goes right through me for some reason. I always cringe when I hear someone say it.

I feel pretty similar about that! I still feel as though if I say it, I'll be "found out" lol. For you, is it the word itself, or the connotations, or the fear of being found out just by saying it?

I'm English and the generic word for something you pee and poo in to is a "nappy" but i have to admit i dislike that word so i prefer to use the word "Diaper" but having said all that i do often say i'm "Happy in my Nappy" just cos it rhymes..

Born and raised in the UK, I switch between the two

I think it all depends most mostly on where you’re from. Generally if you’re from the States, they’re diapers & if you’re from the UK, they’re nappies.

I don’t mind one way or the other, I actually like both but I typically call them diapers because I’m from the States.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adult Diaper vs Adult Nappy = Win for the Diaper
Diaper vs Nappy = Win for the Nappy

I never really cared for the sound of "nappies" - I can recognize it but it just sounds waaaay too british for this american!

I think for that reason, "nappies" I mentally associate strictly with baby diapers.... I never wear nappies, I only wear diapers!

Whats wrong with it sounding British? thats a rather odd statement to make.

Being from the USA, "diaper" is my preference, but I also understand the use of the word "nappy" by others.

As an American, I think "diaper" sounds better.

D-I-A-P-E-R - D-I-A-P-E-R - D-I-A-P-E-R

I'm from the UK, so we generally say 'nappies' over 'diapers' but I use both words to describe my padding. I generally use the term diaper online though, mainly to help American audiences but also because I prefer the word diaper.

As for what they're called in Dinotopia, that's a whole other question. Most use the word diaper but they're always cloth-based.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back