Have you ever got a "faulty" product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a small but noticeable defect on my Tykables Overnights that I'm currently wearing, the tapes are slightly misaligned (one of them is placed slightly higher than the other), so getting the correct fit is a bit more tricky.
The ABU Space that I bought a while ago also has the landing zone placed a bit too far to the left on a few diapers in the pack.

Fortunately I've never encountered a "severe" enough defect that renders the diaper unusable.

I've been buying AB diapers consistently for 6 years now and I have never had even a small defect, guess I'm just a lucky baby :)

That being said, it doesn't seem too uncommon for the occasional error to crop up. One of my DL friends actually ordered some ABU diapers a few months ago and the entire batch was missing tapes on one side of them. Suffice it to say, he was not happy having diapers that weren't fully functional, I think he put them to good use as stuffers/liners though when he got a new batch.

Most of the defects I've had for diapers have been small but a few were worthy of note. The cheapest diapers Secure Personal Care sold at one time were their Secures (not to be confused with Secure Plus or Secure X-Plus). The one bag I got had multiple diapers with tapes missing.

I got a case of Rearz Inspires back when ABU was selling them and their tapes were awful. To be fair, I was warned before buying them and they were discounted for that reason. They were otherwise very good diapers but bring the duct tape!

I was a big fan of the Unique Wellness Brief as a cheap diaper that performed well. The plastic felt nice and they held quite a bit for the price and profile. Unfortunately, they changed at one point and the diaper had a persistent problem with pinhole leaks and the backing appeared to be thinner, stretching or tearing under normal wear and tear. I don't buy them anymore.

I have never had a consistent fault in a bag or case of diapers. I have had problems occasionally on diapers that I have used. This was usually a tape ripping or coming untapped.

The wellness brief for sure. I actually really liked them the fit for me was right on but the pin hole leak issue was inexcusable the wellness superio on the other hand were fantastic value and comfy etc but I think the damage was done unfortunately no longer available in Australia how about internationally? I have had a few duds here and there of other brands but not common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faulty diapers? Yes. Faulty plastic pants? Yes. Defective both? Yes.

I have a few stories about defective diapers and other accessories.

1. I had dry 24/7s a while back and the tabs on the right side on almost every diaper in the pack were crappy and wouldn't stick. rectified with ducttape.

2. Some budget I got a while back, were crappy hospital grade diapers, tabs would regularly rip off from the sides and leak.

3. ABU Preschool cloth backed. These things were. . . not so great. I often had issues with the tabs either separating from the side of the diaper or just not sticking at all. I also had troubles with the inner liners tearing open. Though it was infrequent.

4. ABU Little Paws. These were really good diapers, extremely absorbent and super thick and everything I wanted in a diaper (Sans single tape variants) I had trouble with the bottom right tape on some of them but it was infrequent.

5. Aww So Cutes. Absolutely awful quality control. I had bought 80 of them in the rearz blind box sale they did a while back. The seal between the inside of the diaper and the outer plastic shell would regularly rip open along the leakguard allowing for the sap to come out. The tapes were sucky and barely stayed taped shut. Capacity wasn't nearly as good as I was expecting. Overall worse quality than the cloth backed preschool diapers.

6. Babypants plastic pants. Of the 4 pairs I've bought all of them tore on the seam. The first time I bought two I thought it was because I maybe bought too small but I decided after I believe 2 years, to buy another 2 pairs from them thinking it was quality control. Again, tore up the side seams. And I even got one size larger than what should fit me. I will say this, Babypants Customer Service is really good though and they sent me 2 new pairs for free. TBD if they're defective or not. Time will tell as I've not gotten the time to use them due to lack of privacy lately.

I once got a case of dry 24/7's were one full back of diapers were soaked like they were stored on the floor and the warehouse had a flood.

A few cases of the Abena M4 I get seem to usually have minor tape issues like being slightly misaligned or wonky elastics in the whole diaper.
It's frustrating and sorta lame if it's a bad case, but most of the time the M4 is good to me.
They're good enough 98% of the time, fit my shape better than most, hold an alright amount and with boosters they're even better.
Plus I kinda like the funny blue stripes :p

Oh lord yes... I’ve had many diapers in he past that have had pin holes in them. I’m incontinent and it has led me to a few embarrassing situations at work.

Depends fitted briefs were known to have tape issues as far as the tape would be placed on backwards or placed on bent in two and your tape comes off in your hand UGH!. I did have a few Abena Abri Form X Plus L 4's come with tapes that would not stick again some placed as to when you place a clean diaper on they would come off in your hand.. Had a few DC Amors come with no decorative tape on front for tapes to stick to. Yes I did get a batch or two of the Dry 24-7''s that had pin hole issues I had Gary from XP when he owned it fed ex me replacement X Pluses in its place overnight! Thankfully I caught it the pinholes were usually near the top of the padding in front and would not start weeping until the diaper was near full capacity of urine. So I used the defective ones as ice packs. Take the diaper outside to the garage cut them into pieces that would fit into pint sized zip lock bags and place the cut diaper into the zip lock bag fill with water and freeze and you have a ice pack that you can use over and over again. And work great for catching oil leaks from a car engine too or a leaky gas tank or other auto or small engine orfice.

I've always heard that Abena X-Plus were among the best diapers out there, and people still talk fondly of them, even in this Golden Age of adult diapers. Unfortunately, I had a few issues with pinholes that destroyed my faith in them forever. I'm sorry, but once a diaper fails you, it's really hard to trust it again. It's a bit like a parachute, though without the fatal consequences.

But it's been well over a decade and now I"m wondering if it's time to try it again. Right now, my favorite is the NorthShore Supreme/AirSupreme. Anyone care to comment how they compare to the Abri-Form level 4?

-RMS

Some odd times i would get M4 issues with splitting , more common on the bambinos so i gave up wearing those , they would split on the bum from top to bottom , i had the occasional other issues like one time tapes stuck to front zone and them riping if taking them off but i fixed that with heat gun and saved those case , tykables would rip the left side of the zone when stuck too long after taking it off , Barebums sometimes the bottom of the tape not the tape itself would tear away from the backing of the diaper

I had a batch of nappies perhaps 8 years ago that had a habit of splitting from the butt downwards, resulting in SAP and misc stuffing exploding out, forget which brand they were, some medical brand available in the UK at the time. it was not a sizing issue, the material of the shell was very uneven in thickness which caused localized stresspoints adjacent to thiner material areas, and the result was a burst nappy. not good, not good at all.

Aleakyboomboom

I've been buying for years, and I've seen quite a few defects in my time. Pinhole leaks from overly-large SAP grains, diapers made during a splice of shell plastic several times, (8 tapes, 2 backs, 1 front, quite the mutant!) as well as a large number of misplaced, misdirected, missing, or already-stuck-down tapes.

Considering this is a high-volume, low cost, short use, disposable product, they're not going to go too far with quality checks. I used to get a bit wound up over having a bad diaper or two out of a case, but it doesn't phase me anymore, it's just not worth bothering myself over.

Biggest fail? Got a pack of Bambino Ultrastretch diapers, the wings would just tear off of them before they'd even start to stretch in the tiniest amount.

ABU Space and Little Pawz. The tapes would separate from the back plastic or just pop right off on the first taping. This supposedly was rectified when they announced the new tapes but I got a little upset when I "finally" was able to order replacements due to a laundry list of stock problems and I received a batch of their older inventory that had the same problem. The worst part was, it was the discounted stock they were advertising. I contacted ABU and they asked for pictures which I sent and they were very quick to click the closed ticket button without actually solving the problem. I'm incontinent so I have to rely on my diaper. One of the many reasons they drove me away and one of their competitors has won my very consistent business. Shame to because I like their product line.

The biggest diaper fail I've ever had was with Abena. Their plastic M/L4 diapers used to be awesome, but after a buy out their quality was sevey reduced, and the price was increased.

The tapes wouldn't hold, and the plastic shell got thinner which resulted in pinhole leaks galore. The glue holding them together was also cut back on, and I'd get a seperation of the padding and shell. Lastly, the padding was reduced so they started to clump really bad after even a couple hours of wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back