Do you like the medium capacity ABDL diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It seems the amount of ABDL diaper options is on the rise, and amongst that seems to be more medium capacity diapers (more like 2-3L or slightly more instead of the 5L the most absorbent seem to boast), it almost seems like a lot of the ABDL diaper companies are really focusing on that portion of the market lately (I see a few that Tykables is making and I seen a new one Rearz is making)

Maybe part of that is trying to get more customers that might not need diapers of the highest capacity or might not want to spend quite as much as they costs.

One I have tried is BareBums, which don't disappoint on their own, but I also have a bunch of Goodnites I use to make them last longer and swell more, though it's not really necessary.

Do a lot of you guys like these medium capacity diapers or mainly stick with the higher capacity diapers?

I've tried the BareBums and didn't care much for them personally. For me it was just another 4 tape diaper, but with a significantly reduced capacity. There was nothing more discreet about it, so there was no plus side.

I tried the Kiddo diapers and same complains as above, except I loved the 2 tape fit. I've found myself re-ordering them from time to time just because I like how they fit. They feel so secure without having "pinch" points.

I prefer diapers that aren't so thick most of the time. If I'm not going to do much, a thick diaper is fine but if I'm going to be active and walk, something at the level of a Plastic Preschool is about as much as I'm going to want. I got some of the first Barebums that ABU had available. They had some tape problems which I understand have been improved. They were very crinkly, which is kind of fun. I'm not against them but I use more Preschools or Tena Slip Active Fit Maxis.

They obviously won't work for me for overnight, where I do most of my wetting. But I wear medium capacity (ABU preschool) daily to work, and wear other medium capacity diapers at home during the day. I keep a good variety on-hand and enjoy trying out any decent new diaper, whether it be medium or high capacity.

It's about cost, for me. If I have a short time to wear and won't use a diaper to it's full capacity, I'll chose a less expensive diaper to wear. In some cases that's another high capacity diaper. Lower capacity diapers seem like a waste when there are higher capacity diapers for the same price or cheaper.

hentaisensai said:
I've tried the BareBums and didn't care much for them personally. For me it was just another 4 tape diaper, but with a significantly reduced capacity. There was nothing more discreet about it, so there was no plus side.

I tried the Kiddo diapers and same complains as above, except I loved the 2 tape fit. I've found myself re-ordering them from time to time just because I like how they fit. They feel so secure without having "pinch" points.

I'm with you, I do like the barebums for that time when I get home from work till bedtime, they can take a "heavier" beating than say a pre-school, I absolutely adore the kiddo's they fit me perfectly and hold a good deal to.

BabyTyrant said:
It seems the amount of ABDL diaper options is on the rise, and amongst that seems to be more medium capacity diapers (more like 2-3L or slightly more instead of the 5L the most absorbent seem to boast), it almost seems like a lot of the ABDL diaper companies are really focusing on that portion of the market lately (I see a few that Tykables is making and I seen a new one Rearz is making)

Maybe part of that is trying to get more customers that might not need diapers of the highest capacity or might not want to spend quite as much as they costs.

One I have tried is BareBums, which don't disappoint on their own, but I also have a bunch of Goodnites I use to make them last longer and swell more, though it's not really necessary.

Do a lot of you guys like these medium capacity diapers or mainly stick with the higher capacity diapers?

Actually, medium capacity diapers tend to cost more than the high capacity ones. That is when you look at it as a cost per day. Fewer changes mean less diapers used, which means less money spent overall. So far, the "cheapest" diaper I have ever found is Betterdry. At just two changes per day, that's about $3.00 per day spent. That's pretty low compared to all the others.

And 5L is a stretch, that's their lab tested capacity. Their true capacity is how long they consistently last before leaking. With tykables and rearz, that realistic number is closer to half that.

Slomo said:
Actually, medium capacity diapers tend to cost more than the high capacity ones. That is when you look at it as a cost per day. Fewer changes mean less diapers used, which means less money spent overall.

Well yes there is a "quantity discount" aspect to the capacity of a diaper, you're only paying for tapes, shell, packaging, etc once even after you've added more padding. But I'm sure you're aware that thicker isn't better all the time. I've tried several times to wear thicker diapers to work, but I always end up suffering all day with a jewel crush. For me at least, the preschool plastic are right on the edge of acceptable, so for that reason (as well as the other features of the preschool) that's what I wear daily. It may not be the most economical route for what I want, but it's the answer that makes the most sense, all things considered.

bambinod said:
Well yes there is a "quantity discount" aspect to the capacity of a diaper, you're only paying for tapes, shell, packaging, etc once even after you've added more padding. But I'm sure you're aware that thicker isn't better all the time. I've tried several times to wear thicker diapers to work, but I always end up suffering all day with a jewel crush. For me at least, the preschool plastic are right on the edge of acceptable, so for that reason (as well as the other features of the preschool) that's what I wear daily. It may not be the most economical route for what I want, but it's the answer that makes the most sense, all things considered.

Are your pants loose enough? I'm familiar with this problem, and it was always because my pants were too tight in the crotch. When the diaper swells up from being so wet they can put a lot of pressure on you down there- unless your pants are loose enough that is.

Note, this can easily end up making you waddle too if you're not used to the feeling. It will also make your diaper much more easy to be spotted, almost obvious too.

Slomo said:
Are your pants loose enough? I'm familiar with this problem, and it was always because my pants were too tight in the crotch. When the diaper swells up from being so wet they can put a lot of pressure on you down there- unless your pants are loose enough that is.

I'm already wearing relaxed fit pants, I can't get much more room down there. If I wanted more space I'd have to go with bib overalls or a skirt ;)

Well Slomo it's not always a price per day thing.

Yes some people like to or have to stick to a budget, especially if they use diapers all 24/7 or even every weekend all weekend long.

But I can see where the lower capacity diapers may fit in (like for people that don't always need the highest capacity out there for certain occassions); and certainly there is enough of a market because otherwise there wouldnt be a growing number of options out there.

BabyTyrant said:

Yes some people like to or have to stick to a budget, especially if they use diapers all 24/7 or even every weekend all weekend long.

But I can see where the lower capacity diapers may fit in (like for people that don't always need the highest capacity out there for certain occassions); and certainly there is enough of a market because otherwise there wouldnt be a growing number of options out there.

Absolutely! If I'm not wearing 24/7, I tend to be a very occasional wearer. It might be just a couple hours or the rest of the day. I like having a variety around to suit what I'm going to be doing with them and I'm not the only one.

I tried my first cloth-backed Preschool today and despite being a lower-capacity diaper, I was still pretty impressed with them. I will likely order them again in the future.

bambinod said:
I'm already wearing relaxed fit pants, I can't get much more room down there. If I wanted more space I'd have to go with bib overalls or a skirt ;)

Why not one size larger then? You may need a belt, but this is sure to allow for enough room without being too baggy or loose.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyTyrant said:

I absolutely agree. Especially for those who don't wear diapers 24/7 too. Hence why I said "as a cost per day". If you only plan on wearing for a limited time, or otherwise not pee in the diaper too much, then it wouldn't make sense to go with a high capacity diaper.

As someone who is incontinent and sometimes wears AB/DL diapers I can say that even the mid-range AB/DL diapers have a capacity that's on par with most high spec medical diapers - or better. Even with a reduced thickness, these diapers are very absorbent.

Of the mid-range AB/DL diapers, my favourites are the Preschools the Kiddos and the Barebums - as someone who is incontinent but not an AB, I have no problem wearing any of these diapers in public without a onesie over the top - both are cute but not babyish. And their capacity means that they come in handy for me when I'm travelling long distances and I don't have to change as often.

Hope this helps people

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back