Unplanned stock-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmatic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I told this story on discord yesterday when it happened and asked for some suggestions but I think it's an interesting enough story to make a thread about.

I've been staying with my parents for a bit after breaking my arm (recently finished healing), and they're currently away on holiday so I'm also sort of house-sitting at the minute. Being as they're away and I haven't had a chance to wear in ages due to the break I figured I'd pick up a few diapers and take advantage of the time to myself. I ordered 2 of the 2x tykables overnights samples from Nappies R Us. The next day however, I get a large box arrive instead of a small pack, which when I open I find is actually a half-case instead of 4 samples.

Normally this could be considered a lucky mistake in my favour, but of course this is my parents' place, not mine, and they're back in like 5 days. At this point I'm just trying to get my head around the slightly annoying fact that if this were ever to happen, it's happened in the one order I've ever made away from home, and I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm gonna do now.

I wouldn't have felt right just keeping them and not saying anything so after some thinking and talking in discord I decide my options are to call NRU and ask if they want them back, or offer to pay the difference, keep them, and then deal with having to get them home. I'm at a point where I don't necessarily want to tell people about this side of me, but I also don't think I'd care too much if people found out, and I'd been planning on stocking up on these anyway, so I decided to just say screw it, paid the difference and as of now am left with a larger stash at my parents' place than my own... I also don't currently drive so getting them home on my own isn't an option.

On the bright side my parents have always been the "you can talk to us about anything"/supportive type, so I'm fairly certain that if I ask them not to be nosy about the box when they get back they'll respect that. Still a little nervous about it though.

So it's been an interesting couple of days to say the least, haha. Anyone else ever had had to make any sudden unplanned choices?

I am curious what was the reaction like at NRU when you called and offered to pay for their error? And good on you for taking the high road! So many would have taken the goods and ran, sort to speak.

The woman I spoke to was quite surprised to hear what had happened as it's quite the order size difference, and was thankful for me letting them know and being honest about it. We had a bit of a laugh about the situation. They took the half-case price and knocked of the price of the samples I'd paid for and a bit extra as thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back