Tips for getting diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been making homemade diapers for a while, and I would like to buy a pack of real diapers.

I know what kind of diaper I want, Where to hide it, and i have the cash for it.
I often go to Walmart with my mom, I just need ideas on how to get them to my house and in the hiding spot. Here is information that can help-
Pros
-I have the house to my self often
-the diaper section of my Walmart is secluded
-doing the math, I will have $18 left to spare after diapers
-mom allows me to freely walk around the store
-a somewhat-small diaper packaging

Cons-
-can not order online
-no ab/dl friends in my area
-cash register section is very open.
-No public transportation in my area (The only way to and from the store is going with my mom)

Thanks to anyone who provides ideas for me to get my first pack of diapers!
:smile1:

Is your only opportunity to buy them while out shopping with your mom? Do you both have to be in Walmart at the same time?

Also, just a heads up that store brand diapers aren't as good of quality as the ones you can get online.

Sprinkles said:
Is your only opportunity to buy them while out shopping with your mom? Do you both have to be in Walmart at the same time?

Also, just a heads up that store brand diapers aren't as good of quality as the ones you can get online.

Yea, my mom is the only way I can go to and from Walmart, also I can't get them online because our packages get delivered in an un-predictable time.

The eighteen additional dollars that would be left over could be used to buy stuff that would cover up the diapers. Maybe something like a shirt or a couple magazines. Not sure whether you'd feel more comfortable interacting with a cashier or using self-checkout, but make sure to do this while your mom is somewhere else in the mall/store. If they still offer paper for bagging options it'd be less translucent than plastic and easier to take it back to her vehicle. Another option is buying a reusable bag. It'd also give you a reason to take everything to your room or wherever you plan on storing the package.

I'm assuming that you don't have a license or post office within walking distance. Otherwise, I'd just recommend ordering online and picking up the diapers at that location.

Last edited:
justcallmeEPIC556 said:
I have been making homemade diapers for a while, and I would like to buy a pack of real diapers.

I know what kind of diaper I want, Where to hide it, and i have the cash for it.
I often go to Walmart with my mom, I just need ideas on how to get them to my house and in the hiding spot. Here is information that can help-
Pros
-I have the house to my self often
-the diaper section of my Walmart is secluded
-doing the math, I will have $18 left to spare after diapers
-mom allows me to freely walk around the store
-a somewhat-small diaper packaging

Cons-
-can not order online
-no ab/dl friends in my area
-cash register section is very open.
-No public transportation in my area (The only way to and from the store is going with my mom)

Thanks to anyone who provides ideas for me to get my first pack of diapers!
:smile1:

Yes, I know you said you can not order online but I just bought some Tena diapers from agecomfort.com and they came in an inconspicuous brown box. When my brother received it at the door he just treated it like any other package and signed for it and left it for me to deal with. My whole family was home and I recaive packages all the time for my business. It did have a return address from agecomfort though but it was tiny and no one would look at it that closely.

- - - Updated - - -

CanadianABDL said:
Yes, I know you said you can not order online but I just bought some Tena diapers from agecomfort.com and they came in an inconspicuous brown box. When my brother received it at the door he just treated it like any other package and signed for it and left it for me to deal with. My whole family was home and I recaive packages all the time for my business. It did have a return address from agecomfort though but it was tiny and no one would look at it that closely.

I know that the discreet shipping decreases the risk of being found, but I never get packages, so that will for sure be odd enough for my parents to become suspicious, thanks for the tip though

- - - Updated - - -

Sprinkles said:
The eighteen additional dollars that would be left over could be used to buy stuff that would cover up the diapers. Maybe something like a shirt or a couple magazines. Not sure whether you'd feel more comfortable interacting with a cashier or using self-checkout, but make sure to do this while your mom is somewhere else in the mall/store. If they still offer paper for bagging options it'd be less translucent than plastic and easier to take it back to her vehicle. Another option is buying a reusable bag. It'd also give you a reason to take everything to your room or wherever you plan on storing the package.

I'm assuming that you don't have a license or post office within walking distance. Otherwise, I'd just recommend ordering online and picking up the diapers at that location.

These are great ideas! I will use this make the plan, I'll explain it to you once it is done. thanks!

Last edited:
justcallmeEPIC556 said:
- - - Updated - - -

I know that the discreet shipping decreases the risk of being found, but I never get packages, so that will for sure be odd enough for my parents to become suspicious, thanks for the tip though

- - - Updated - - -

These are great ideas! I will use this make the plan, I'll explain it to you once it is done. thanks!

Since you live with your mom, how old are you?

Alright, I have a plan! Next time Me and my mom go to Walmart, I can tell her i found a gift for her birthday, this could give me a reason to cover it up. With the eighteen I can get her an actual gift. so I don't have to lie! What you do you guys think?

Do it! Let us know how it goes. Hopefully she has a birthday or something coming up soon.

Have you started driving lessons yet?

Walmart has an option online to pay in the store. You make the order online then pay at the pickup window when you get to the store. (I've worked the pickup department before). When they get delivered to the store You get an email and go back to the pickup. This way you can order better ones online. You could also put money on a gift card then use the gift card online.this would be the easiest. Just have your order sent to the store not home delivered.

I remember when I was young and in a similar situation. I bought some diapers on a school trip. It was kindof a risky move. Part of the school trip was going to a mall. Everyone was interested in the "cool" clothing stores and was hanging out around them. I slipped away and went to target. At the front checkout, I put the diapers into my backpack underneath some clothes. I think I got a rather large pack of them because it basically made my backpack look like a square sausage :sweatdrop: One of my friends did question me about it, but I managed to convince him it was just clothes and stuff I bought.

One possible solution would be to have an excuse to bring a bag with you (school books, gym clothes etc.). Actually bring a bag filled with random stuff (cardboard or something). Throw away the random stuff and replace it with the diapers. Go to the washroom and open the package to better distribute the diapers if you have to (so your bag doesn't look like a square sausage).

Another solution would be to use a service like taskrabbit if its available. For a nominal fee, someone would go to the store, pick up the diapers and deliver them to you.

Scaramouche said:
Do it! Let us know how it goes. Hopefully she has a birthday or something coming up soon.

Have you started driving lessons yet?

Thanks! I talked with my dad about the birthday, so the birthday idea does not seem too random. I have my hiding spot ready. now I just have to wait until my mom and I go to Walmart.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tips everyone! I will try to convince my mom to shop on Monday! Thanks for the tips, I will let you know how it goes! You guys are awesome!

Do you have a bicycle you can use? If you do, skip walmart and trek over to your closest medical supply store. They often have much better diapers you can get. Bring a backpack big enough for the diaper bag, or otherwise a reusable shopping bag.

Thank you guys! The plan worked flawless! You guys are awesome!

So glad to hear it! Do you have plans on where to dispose of the used diapers?

Sprinkles said:
So glad to hear it! Do you have plans on where to dispose of the used diapers?

I take the trash to an outside trash can, and the truck picks it up every week. and we use odor control trash bags, so that hopefully won't be a problem.
Thank you so much for the tips sprinkles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back