Bigger problem than first thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
About a month ago, I had a simple flow test done. My urologist concluded that I have a weak bladder. I don't know what the implications for that are long term.

I was booked into a urodynamic study, which has been pushed back to next month. In the meantime, I've been recording my fluid in/outs, and my bowels.

My fluid in/outs are sometimes good, sometimes crazy low output for what i'm drinking. My wees are in the order of 50-150ml at work, but with urges and sensations suggestive of much more

But my bowels are nuts. I record the bristol scale with each BM, and recording a lot of 2s (hard compactions), with pops looking like hand grenades. Lots of pain, urges at 10 on the 1-10 urge scale, and i often don't feel my bowels move, like it's asleep or something.

I'm worried there may be a bigger problem at play.

Reg youre Bm iccues obvisly only a profetinal can diagnose here but to me im afraid it sounds like IBS and possible even progression towards Fecal IC what youre decribing is same or simular as my my own problems and thats conctipation (which i have more or less EVERY day ) and i have to "help" my bowel mostly every day with basikly both constipation as well as loose (and i ONLY have ether constipation or loose mind you hardly never anymore ord " and with time due to this the lower bowel mucles weekens . Short anwer GO to the docs ASAP YES something is NOT as it should

Type 2: Sausage-like but lumpy
Represents a combination of Type 1 stools impacted into a single mass and lumped together by fiber components and some bacteria. Typical for organic constipation. The diameter is 3 to 4 cm (1.2–1.6”). This type is the most destructive by far because its size is near or exceeds the maximum opening of the anal canal‘s aperture (3.5 cm). It‘s bound to cause extreme straining during elimination, and most likely to cause anal canal laceration, hemorrhoidal prolapse, or diverticulosis. To attain this form, the stools must be in the colon for at least several weeks instead of the normal 72 hours. Anorectal pain, hemorrhoidal disease, anal fissures, withholding or delaying of defecation, and a history of chronic constipation are the most likely causes. Minor flatulence is probable. A person experiencing these stools is most likely to suffer from irritable bowel syndrome because of continuous pressure of large stools on the intestinal walls. The possibility of obstruction of the small intestine is high, because the large intestine is filled to capacity with stools. Adding supplemental fiber to expel these stools is dangerous, because the expanded fiber has no place to go, and may cause hernia, obstruction, or perforation of the small and large intestine alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back