Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBirdsWearDiapers

The F1r3ch1ck3n Rises
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have a serious question to ask. I may be moving in the next month or so, but I JUST ordered more diapers. How do I hide them from would-be nosy moving helpers from stealing looks into them. Construction advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-The Knight Tyme Owl James T. Knight 2018

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Since most shippers ship in unmarked boxes, just make sure the box is taped shut well. If, by chance, there is something marked on the outside of the box, use a magic marker or opaque tape to hide the marking.

If you're hiring movers to help, they don't care. They have a job to do, they do it. They've seen things, trust me. Diapers won't even register other then being bulky. And they won't be anything but professional, because if they aren't, it is bad for business.

If you're talking about friends or family helping move, that's different. But because you're moving, there will be lots of boxes full of lots of stuff. You shouldn't have any problem having a case of diapers packed away with everything else.

Put in a black bin liner and seal up with duct tape,

Movers don’t care. I just moved in the fall. All I did was put/kept my stash in boxes and taped them shut with packing tape. Since I labeled all the boxes with shorthand, I labeled the box of diapers. Clothes were “C” followed by “Do not cut” and diapers were “D” and “do not cut.”

They just moved the boxes from one place to another while I kept an eye on things. No big deal.

Pete67 said:

Actually, I would think that'd be even more suspicious than having an unmarked box. If you want to be really careful you could put them in a bin liner and then in a box, so that no one would be able to just peek into the box, but just having a bag, you could feel the diapers through the plastic and the danger of rips and holes are far greater.

Pete67 said:
I like that idea. I like it a lot!! Or use lawn trash bags. They're usually the thick blag bags. [emoji4]

Thanks for the tip! That is really helpful.

-JTK

Last edited:
Schwanensee said:
Actually, I would think that'd be even more suspicious than having an unmarked box. If you want to be really careful you could put them in a bin liner and then in a box, so that no one would be able to just peek into the box, but just having a bag, you could feel the diapers through the plastic and the danger of rips and holes are far greater.

Seconded. A box covered in a black trash bag would be more suspicious than just an unmarked box.

Use duct tape to cover anything blatantly obvious as to what it is, then seal somewhat generously with packing tape. make sure the packing tape goes over the duct tape.

I don't think any movers, however nosey, are going to unseal a box to have a peek in it.

They may ask questions, so have some plausible answer ready, but it's unlikel. If you have a lot of stuff to move, they'll probably be more interested in getting it done than what they're moving. (as long as stuff isn't unnecessarily heavy) If you're having a "moving party" with friends instead of paying professional movers, they're only going to be thinking about that pizza waiting for them after they're done with the move!

Maxx said:
Taped shut box... nobody's going to bother with it unless you've got your mother helping you. Then she's going to open everything and try to arrange things. It's what moms do.

Real movers, and real friends are just going to be real happy they picked up the light box instead of the one full of books.
Until I get into my own place, I do live with my disabled mother, who is still nosy even if I hire movers. Which will be hard to do on a fixed income. I could probably ask a friend or two for help. I'm sure many of them would be extremely happy to do so knowing I've been patiently waiting for my chance to get housing (section 8) for a long time.

Aside from the diapers being potentially exposed, this will help me immensely once I'm settled into my new place. I'll finally have a nice & distraction-free environment to work when I am taking classes during any given semester in college, as well as focusing on my music lessons. I want to be able to practice my piano and guitar lessons without my disabled mother asking me a bunch of uninteresting questions about people whom I couldn't care less about. I know that sounds bad, but when I'm being distracted every 10 or 20 minutes because she can't remember that I'm working, it becomes a problem.

Anyway, I really do appreciate all of the great tips and advice! Once I'm sure I have my own place to move into, and have signed on the dotted line, this will be a great relief for me. [emoji4][emoji41][emoji3][emoji846][emoji57]🤞[emoji106][emoji868][emoji108]🤜🤛🤟

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back