PeekABU Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The promise when they started advertising PeekABU was that it would be more absorbent (compared to Little Pawz, Space, and Simple) while being thinner (again compared to the diapers mentioned above).

You would expect they would start out thinner while dry, but also become thicker when wet enough.

Maybe some should measure thickness at different parts of the diaper (front, middle/core, and back) and compare to Little Pawz (or Space, or Simple)

BabyTyrant said:
The promise when they started advertising PeekABU was that it would be more absorbent (compared to Little Pawz, Space, and Simple) while being thinner (again compared to the diapers mentioned above).

Yeah, Cuddlz made that same claim and failed to deliver. I like to have more faith in ABU though. Thinner with the same (or higher) capacity is doable in theory if you use more or better SAP, but sap is heavy compared to pulp, so that usually makes the diaper heavier. (and usually stiffer too) Cuddlz was thinner AND lighter, leading me to call BS on them before even testing it out.

So, just got an email from UPS - they will email me delivery notices even if nothing was provided by the shipper because I have an account set up with them so they have an email address associated with my house address. (nice feature!)
UPS said:
This package is not eligible for UPS My Choice features including an estimated delivery time since final delivery is being provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Upgraded packages will be delivered by your UPS driver and typically arrive one day earlier.

For immediate access to your UPS My Choice features or to make changes to this delivery, you may upgrade this package ($3.50 fee applies; free for Premium Members).

OK... apparently ABU sent it "smartpost". I didn't even know that was an option for domestic shipments. This means UPS will truck it to my local post office and drop it off for "final mile" delivery.

This also means it may take several more days to get my case. And unless I want to fork out some cash, (and I'm cheeeeap) I can't hold it for pickup.

I'm not liking this new delivery system of ABU's....

I also have a "leave no unattended packages" note at the post office for my address because they keep leaving my packages at other addresses. If I'm not home they will just leavea note and take it back to the office, which is closed by the time they get back, meaning I have to wait a day to pick it up. (and they're closed on Saturdays) So if they attempt on a Friday, I won't see my package until at least Monday. (if I could hold it for pickup I'd bypass this entire issue and get it at least a day earlier)
UPS said:
Estimated Delivery:

Wednesday, 04/11/2018 , By End of Day
le sigh...

bambinod said:
Yeah, Cuddlz made that same claim and failed to deliver. I like to have more faith in ABU though. Thinner with the same (or higher) capacity is doable in theory if you use more or better SAP, but sap is heavy compared to pulp, so that usually makes the diaper heavier. (and usually stiffer too) Cuddlz was thinner AND lighter, leading me to call BS on them before even testing it out.

So, just got an email from UPS - they will email me delivery notices even if nothing was provided by the shipper because I have an account set up with them so they have an email address associated with my house address. (nice feature!)
Dam, I really with they would stipulate that, this is going to suck for me, I don't mind picking up at the post office, it is a little embarrassing though, my main issue is that I live on a private rd, so I get UPS and fedex no problem but since its a private road I have to have a PO box for regular usps mail (they wont deliver to my house) The other problem is that I am currently on a long track job project and I've been working 6 - 12 hr days, unfortunately the post office is closed when I leave and come home from work, and I don't anticipate my work hours changing back to my normal shift until the end of June. I may have to cancel my order with abu :(

BabyTyrant said:

You would expect they would start out thinner while dry, but also become thicker when wet enough.

Maybe some should measure thickness at different parts of the diaper (front, middle/core, and back) and compare to Little Pawz (or Space, or Simple)

I can confirm that they are indeed thinner than their premium line when dry, and thicker when wet just from plain observation. They have delivered on their promise in that regard.

As to whether it's 20%, I have no clue and I'm not going to go find a pair of calipers just to measure it :p.

Well once again, good customer service prevails from Abu company, I sent them an email about my shipping issue, next thing I know I get a shipping confirmation with a note attached for home delivery, all I can say is excellent work Abu, you guys keep raising the bar higher and higher

bambinod said:

OK... apparently ABU sent it "smartpost". I didn't even know that was an option for domestic shipments. This means UPS will truck it to my local post office and drop it off for "final mile" delivery.

This also means it may take several more days to get my case. And unless I want to fork out some cash, (and I'm cheeeeap) I can't hold it for pickup.

I'm not liking this new delivery system of ABU's....

I also have a "leave no unattended packages" note at the post office for my address because they keep leaving my packages at other addresses. If I'm not home they will just leavea note and take it back to the office, which is closed by the time they get back, meaning I have to wait a day to pick it up. (and they're closed on Saturdays) So if they attempt on a Friday, I won't see my package until at least Monday. (if I could hold it for pickup I'd bypass this entire issue and get it at least a day earlier)

le sigh...

Lessons learned. IF you intend to have the package held for pickup, always use the address of the UPS/FEDex distribution facility it will be going through. Include the delivery note to hold for pickup and have them call you when it arrives.

Slomo said:
Lessons learned. IF you intend to have the package held for pickup, always use the address of the UPS/FEDex distribution facility it will be going through. Include the delivery note to hold for pickup and have them call you when it arrives.

FedEx offers a service for free I've used a number of times called FedEx Delivery Manager. When your shipment has a tracking number and has shipped out you can then go in and have them deliver it to the nearest FedEx facility for pickup, including their office and print centers or even little kiosks they run out of cvs and walgreens and the like. So if your concerned about nosey roomates/parents/siblings/family what have you or package theft it's an amazing free service to utilize.

Venesha said:
FedEx offers a service for free I've used a number of times called FedEx Delivery Manager. When your shipment has a tracking number and has shipped out you can then go in and have them deliver it to the nearest FedEx facility for pickup, including their office and print centers or even little kiosks they run out of cvs and walgreens and the like. So if your concerned about nosey roomates/parents/siblings/family what have you or package theft it's an amazing free service to utilize.

I too have their delivery manager set up. Their free version is somewhat limited though. As example, if a package is set up as sign for delivery, then they will not allow you to change the delivery address, nor can you specify they hold it at the facility (apparently they are required to make the delivery attempt).

Slomo said:
I too have their delivery manager set up. Their free version is somewhat limited though. As example, if a package is set up as sign for delivery, then they will not allow you to change the delivery address, nor can you specify they hold it at the facility (apparently they are required to make the delivery attempt).

May just be something with using the sign for delivery option. In my experience if you don't check that and have them deliver it to a location for pickup when you go to pick it up they'll check your ID and have you sign for it then.

So I’m torn on these while I absolutely love the tape landing I find that it is placed too low on the diaper so I end up with half of the top tapes on the shell and not the landing. I love that the lower tapes are much lower which gives a better fit around the legs preventing leaks, however I’ve had to get used to the top tapes being lower as well giving an off fit at the top. The plastic is super smoothe which is great but so far I’m 1/3 with a pinhole leak in the crotch. The quality is a mixed bag of cats too first off let me say I still love these diapers but I’m 3/3 so far with quality issues, the first diaper had a tape come off the wings completely it came unglued not ripped, the second I’ve tried had a nasty pinhole leak, and the third the tape landing was messed up and not put on correctly. As for capacity these things hold a ton I can easily wear on for 12 hours and they swell up like a balloon making you waddle!

To sum it up I still love these diapers and will probably buy more I hope ABU gets it together on the quality. Also I REALLY hope they move the landing up 1/2-1 inch then it would be great.

cateddybear said:
So I’m torn on these while I absolutely love the tape landing I find that it is placed too low on the diaper so I end up with half of the top tapes on the shell and not the landing. I love that the lower tapes are much lower which gives a better fit around the legs preventing leaks, however I’ve had to get used to the top tapes being lower as well giving an off fit at the top. The plastic is super smoothe which is great but so far I’m 1/3 with a pinhole leak in the crotch. The quality is a mixed bag of cats too first off let me say I still love these diapers but I’m 3/3 so far with quality issues, the first diaper had a tape come off the wings completely it came unglued not ripped, the second I’ve tried had a nasty pinhole leak, and the third the tape landing was messed up and not put on correctly. As for capacity these things hold a ton I can easily wear on for 12 hours and they swell up like a balloon making you waddle!

To sum it up I still love these diapers and will probably buy more I hope ABU gets it together on the quality. Also I REALLY hope they move the landing up 1/2-1 inch then it would be great.

Wow - I hope this is isolated, I don't have these yet (arriving Monday) but I was looking at some pictures of them and I think the idea with moving the tapes lower it to allow the back part of the diaper to be "higher" on the rear while the front to remain below the belly button. That's just my take though, I did however order larges vs mediums because I like a long diaper (my waist size is 34/35") but I'm also tall at 6' 1". I'm really looking forward to these, perhaps these diapers can benefit from stretch / adjustable tapes.

I've always wondered about the trend with adult diapers and the tapes being so...well...small. I think ABU's shift of the landing zone is a step in the right direction but I think they should make the landing zone taller by about an inch or so. Keep the lower part where it is but raise the top area up to give the diaper more options to adjust the fit. The landing zones on adult diapers always seem to be the same size but I think they could stand to be bigger. Peekabu's need more on the top and other diapers need more on the bottom. Then the tapes... why are they still so narrow? Make them wider. Not quite as wide as the ones on the single tape diapers but maybe increase the width of each tape by about 25~50÷ or so. Doing both those things on these diapers will help with getting the fit just right and making sure they stay fit and secure. With all the swelling they do and the extra weight, they need all the reinforcement they can get.

In my opinion ABU has really gotten the abdl diaper almost perfect with these. Fix those issues and make with a sissy girly version of them and they will definitely keep being a purchase I make.

Well the good thing is that I just check the fedex tracking and found out that they will be here today!!

So far I have used 3 abu simple ultra's and I have been able to form a pretty good general opinion on them. The diaper is smaller then the previous abu line up, it is made to be hugged tight to your body with a "lower cut" So if your in between sizes and wear the current abu simple, little paws, space in medium, you may want to order larges in the new ultra diapers. The cut is almost identical to abu barebums.
The tapes are great, same clear strong ones that we've become use to.
The plastic is soft like the abu pre-schools, it would be really cool if the company took the pre-school tape panel art and made it available to be put on these new ones.
Thickness, my oh my, these diapers start out like pre-schools, nice, soft, and thin, but they grow, and grow, and grow. I actually made one of these leak this morning, but it didn't leak out in the traditional spots that I'm use to (rear lower sides) it leaked out the top lol, granted I was laying down and in a snapped onesie, but the diaper screamed uncle and a little drip came out the very top (never had that before)
Like I said earlier, I have worn 3 of these in the past 24 hours, I have drank an excessive amount of ice tea, water and coffee so I'm well hydrated and I feel as though I'm constantly leaking into these diapers, they have held up amazingly, there probably the thirstiest diapers I've ever worn with out doubling up or using inserts, the wicking is a lot better then the original simples, I could never get anything past the back seat of the diaper (always seemed to pool there) these new ones absorb, lock, and spread liquid pretty good, I'm impressed. I'm also impressed with how you don't feel "wet" after wetting until the diaper is really wet, it feels bulky, squishy, yet dry for the most part, its really nice actually.
So wrap things up, this is a great product, sizing is going to be an issue, if your a 34" waist and tall I would recommend going with size large on these, comfort is excellent, absorbency is excellent, construction of product is excellent, tapes are excellent, diaper padding clumping / falling apart - is a non issue. These are worth the money.
On a side note, I would like to see pre-school art on the tape panel, and stretchy tapes on this product, other then that, ABU - You Hit it out of the ball park again!!!! congrats on a job well done!!!!

Looking here because I might need to restock. Most of my go to diapers at ABU are out of stock, I know PeekAbu is out too, but might have to get them some day. Always interested to see what's up with new diapers as well.

Hotdog55 said:
Looking here because I might need to restock. Most of my go to diapers at ABU are out of stock, I know PeekAbu is out too, but might have to get them some day. Always interested to see what's up with new diapers as well.

They're worth a try. I've been through almost 10 of them so far and I'm definitely enjoying them.

One thing that I've noticed is that the tapes have been hit or miss. I've had about three so far that the tape comes unstuck from the wing. I've had zero issues with it coming free from the landing zone.

I'm hoping that this is just a limited issue with the first run and that it'll be resolved in future batches.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow so I'm pretty stoked, especially after hearing all of the positive reviews.

hentaisensai said:
They're worth a try. I've been through almost 10 of them so far and I'm definitely enjoying them.

One thing that I've noticed is that the tapes have been hit or miss. I've had about three so far that the tape comes unstuck from the wing. I've had zero issues with it coming free from the landing zone.

I'm hoping that this is just a limited issue with the first run and that it'll be resolved in future batches.

Really? Well I hope that's just a weird issue. ABU tapes have been awesome for me for a long time. Love em.

Hotdog55 said:
Really? Well I hope that's just a weird issue. ABU tapes have been awesome for me for a long time. Love em.

What's odd is that they appear to be the same tapes that are on the rest of their lineup, so I don't know why the PeekABU's are having issues. I've had zero issues with their other diapers.

hentaisensai said:
What's odd is that they appear to be the same tapes that are on the rest of their lineup, so I don't know why the PeekABU's are having issues. I've had zero issues with their other diapers.

Is the wing different in any significant way? Or anything else that stands out? This is odd. Maybe it was just a bust package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back