Kids films/animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
dogboy said:
Believe it or not, this is a Disney kid's film and probably my favorite: "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

I didn't realize that was a Disney movie! It's one of my favorites too, together with other Disney films Flight of the Navigator and Escape to Witch Mountain. However, among non-animated kids' movies, I think my all-time favorite might be The NeverEnding Story.

It's harder to pick a favorite animated film, but Zootopia is a likely candidate. ^^;

LittleAndrea said:
Your right there are so many to choose from. The little Mermaid, The Care Bears Movie 1 & 2, Snowball Express, Cinderella (the original disney animated one), Finding Dory I could just keep going and going.

The second Care Bears movie is probably the show that's made me feel the most little ever.

michaelmc said:
Iv not heard of that on "HR Puffenstuff" sounds different!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the old ones have a classy style of animation & story telling

H. R. Puff' N' Stuff is circa 1970, when I was age 12.

Spirited Away is awesome, also a lot of other Studio Ghibli films,

caitianx said:
Another great kids film is "The Dark Crystal".

forgot about that one, very good!

caitianx said:
H. R. Puff' N' Stuff is circa 1970, when I was age 12.

My SO from college and I used to watch it in his room on Saturday mornings. It was a hoot.

I was just thinking about an old British live action children's drama film starring Sir John Mills and child actor, Mark Lester called "Run Wild, Run Free".

A non-exhaustive list in no particular order of some of my favorite films for younger audiences:

*) Disney's Aladdin
*) Titan A.E.

*) The Lion King
*) Labyrinth

*) The Princess Bride
*) The Hobbit - Rankin/Bass
*) Star Wars Films

*) Hotel Transylvania
*) Pee-wee's Big Adventure
*) The Goonies

*) Inside Out
*) The Good Dinosaur

*) The Neverending Story
*) The Sandlot
*) The Wizard of Oz

Top favorite: Spirited Away. Great story telling, great graphics and great music.

@Andustar: I loved The Never Ending Story when I was a kid but I haven't seen it in years because I think it is better in my memories. What do you think?

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
The second Care Bears movie is probably the show that's made me feel the most little ever.

I love that the second one has baby care bears! However anyone that hasn't seen snowball express has to see it! My Mom used to work at the local library when I was between 2 and 9 and she used to bring home an 8 millimeter projector for her my brother and I to have family movie nights. All of the movies we watched make me feel super little. The main ones that I remember her bringing home were Snowball Express, Phantom Tollbooth, Herbie the Love Bug, Race for Your Life Charlie Brown and Charlottes Web. Those are like an instant little pill! :)

LittleD said:
HR Puffenstuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that is a classic. There were quite a few of those great Saturday morning live action shows. Sigmound the Sea Monster was another good one.

Too bad the Banana Splits were just slightly before my time but I saw a few of the syndicated episodes. That had some good cartoons and shows on it.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Believe it or not, this is a Disney kid's film and probably my favorite: "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

Fun horror movie fact. The guy who created the Phantasm series wanted to do Something Wicked but he discovered that Disney got the rights first. So he made his own horror movie and now we have The Tall Man as one of the scarier movie 'monsters' created.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was young, I loved watching JP Patches-one of those local kids shows that had a cool host and played cartoons. He was on a Seattle station and I think you can see him on YouTube.

I also loved Speed Racer and Marine Boy-two cartoons that got me into anime way back in the early 70s.

Some of the other live-action stuff was decent too. There were quite a few of them. Land of the Lost, Ark II, and Jason of Star Command are a few.

I also liked a lot of the Hanna-Barberra toons and other cartoons like the 70s Flash Gordon and Tarzan cartoons.

I really love it. It's a classic to me, and I don't get tired of it.

I have a lot of kids the youngest being 6 right now, so I've watched a lot of kids movies over the years. That being said, I also have likes of my own like superhero movies, and comics. So my list would have to look something like this:

1. The Incredible's. (Looking forward to the next movie!)
2. Moana (Just because of the Rock's singing, and was a WWE fan when he was big!)
3. Big Hero 6
4. Kung Fu Panda (Any or ALL of them including the series.)
5. Hotel Transylvania (either one and looking forward to the third.)
6. ALL Harry Potter Movies!

Again these are modeled after my own taste, and though I don't consider myself a "little". I do like A LOT of "little" things and am a HUGE diaper lover!

PaddedDeist said:
Now that is a classic. There were quite a few of those great Saturday morning live action shows. Sigmound the Sea Monster was another good one.

Too bad the Banana Splits were just slightly before my time but I saw a few of the syndicated episodes. That had some good cartoons and shows on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun horror movie fact. The guy who created the Phantasm series wanted to do Something Wicked but he discovered that Disney got the rights first. So he made his own horror movie and now we have The Tall Man as one of the scarier movie 'monsters' created.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was young, I loved watching JP Patches-one of those local kids shows that had a cool host and played cartoons. He was on a Seattle station and I think you can see him on YouTube.

I also loved Speed Racer and Marine Boy-two cartoons that got me into anime way back in the early 70s.

Some of the other live-action stuff was decent too. There were quite a few of them. Land of the Lost, Ark II, and Jason of Star Command are a few.

I also liked a lot of the Hanna-Barberra toons and other cartoons like the 70s Flash Gordon and Tarzan cartoons.

I have Season 2 of "Land of the Lost" on DVD.
I also have ARK II, The Secret of Isis, Space Academy, and Jason of Star Command on DVD.
Some of George Lucas's ILM FX people worked on Space Academy and Jason of Star Command.
Years before, some of them worked for Gerry Anderson Studios on stuff like:
SPACE:1999
UFO
Joe 90
Captain Scarlet
Thunderbirds
Stingray
Fireball XL-5
Etc.
I also have the Tarzan Cartoon and Flash Gordon Cartoons on DVD, along with the animated Star Trek series from the 1970's.
Actually, the animated Star Trek series, is really "Season 4" of the original Star Trek 1960's live-action TV show.
Another old cartoon I have is the "Return to the Planet of the Apes" from the mid 1970's on DVD.
I also have season 1 of "Tale Spin" from the 1980's on DVD, which is really, an animated version of the 1980's live-action TV show, "Tales of the Gold Monkey" which only went 1 season before getting axed and cancelled permanently.

I love the Anderson's shows but I was more aware of Space 1999 when I was a kid.

Isis was a good one and there was also Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. As for tales of the Gold Monkey, I completely forgot about that one--it was a good show and I wonder if it was an inspiration for Disney's Tailspin.

More 70s adds that were fun to watch as a kid were The Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, The Incredible Hulk, and Spiderman--these were our big live-action superhero shows of the time. I still remember Steve Austin fighting the cyborg (or was it a robot?) Sasquatch.

I was a big Space 1999 fan when it aired. Those were good days for me.

Both seasons of Space 1999 are sitting on an external HD.

PaddedDeist said:
Both seasons of Space 1999 are sitting on an external HD.

I have the entire SPACE:1999 Series on DVD, along with its predecessor, UFO.

I also have UFO and I raise you Gen 1 Transformers. lol

- - - Updated - - -

And Captain Scarlet

I love, (in no particular order), PAW Patrol (which has a rather great following among older kids and adults; and the officially-licensed adult-sized shirts that I saw on Amazon proves that), Sofia the First, Elena of Avalor, Doc McStuffins, Vampirina... so many more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back