Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hey guys, I was wondering what you all think about donating plasma. I'm in college, and there are a significant number of students who "donate". I say it in quotes, because most do it for the financial compensation. You can make 250-350 a month, if you donate twice a week.

Is it a bad idea? Anyone know the long term effects of constant donation? They say it's harmless because it isn't whole blood or platelets, and that it's just liquid, amino acids, and a few other protien bodies that they extract.

I've been thinking of donating, it'll definitely pay for groceries and a case or two of Crinklz [emoji23]

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you're healthy, your body shouldn't have any issue replenishing the missing plasma. In any case, you will be checked over by a doctor before your first time donating and at least every six months if you keep doing it. So even if there are any long term issues - which there shouldn't be - you'll be receiving medical care immediately.

To be safe, maybe start off with going every two weeks or so, just to make sure. Inform yourself beforehand whether you'd even be considered a possible donor - they have pretty strict rules.

I am in no way a medical professional, and I can't donate, but I've done some research before and that's what I got from that^^ (Also, my brother regularily donates and he's a fit as a fiddle.)

I did that back in my early Marine Corps days. My suggestion, don't do it on a regular basis, and certainly not too often.

As mentioned, donating plasma too often will sap your energy. It also makes you more susceptible to getting sick. You also need to consider it will make you more hungry too. So at least some of the money you make on donating will go right into a bigger food bill, nkt to mention transportation costs to/from the center.

Trying to use this as a means of steady income isn't worth it in the end. However, donating your plasma every once in a while can be helpful for getting some extra splurge or aleviate a unexpected bill. As long as you limit how often you do it, then it shouldn't cause any long term problems.

We can donate blood and semen (not mixed together).

I did it 10 years with a few gaps. Twice a week. The last time I did it they paid me $40 but I didn't have a fixed address, so they cut me off. Most of the time it was $7 on the first and $12 each week. That, you might guess, was a long time ago. There are more restrictions now but the good parts are more profitable, and the payoff to the recipients is huge. Hemophilia for one and Burn injuries have long been the biggest uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back