Wife says she wants to try protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So my wife of 10 years, who has no idea of my DL side, says she wants to try a pull up style depends for her monthly. She has been having a hard go around lately with that special time and said she wants to try. It has been very difficult to contain myself because I wanted so much to say hey! I got some diaps hiding in my stash you wanna try one. I have kept my secret so long I can't imagine how she might react to it. On the other hand I would love so much for us to spend some diaper time together and be comfortable with it. I think best to keep the skeleton in the closet for now. Thanks for listening, just need to vent once in a while.

I’d say she has an expert to help her out picking a product. I’d come out in a relaxed calm manner don’t make a big deal about it then offer advice.

You could offer to join her for the purposes of solidarity,,,

If she wants a pullup, tell her you've seen commercials for always discreet.

More pressing than that though, is why the heck are you still hiding your diapers from your wife? Have you not seen the countless bad reaction stories when she finds your stash. Or how about the few stories where finally coming forward actually helped and turned out good.

Does your wife see her gynecologist on a regular basis? My wife had hard times too and it turned out to be endometriosis. Curable and a relief to the symptoms.

Assuming she does, let her try it and then a few months down the road, ask he how it's going and then say you would like to try it, too. If she freaks out, then you probably should keep them in the closet. Otherwise, a good time will be had by all!

Because we have 3 kids together and dont want to ruin a good marriage over it. I have heard of too many relations ruined over it and don't want to take the chance

dlover said:
Because we have 3 kids together and dont want to ruin a good marriage over it. I have heard of too many relations ruined over it and don't want to take the chance

Except, as I said, we know from so many others that it's not a matter of IF she will find out on her own, it's a matter of WHEN. And when she does find your stash ( or trash, or internet browsing, etc), there is a very high likelyhood it will ruin your marriage.

So you say you don't want to risk your marriage, but that's exactly what you're doing right now. Care to explain?

I guess I am risking it. But still too afraid to come out about it.

The only thing you have to fear is fear itself.

Of note, if your wife is already thinking of using a pullup (possibly a diaper) then obviosly she isn't all that dead set against them. This is a good indication for you.

Thanks Slomo for the encouragement

Slomo - using a pullup for her monthlies is a world away from diaper fetishism, being weirdly enthusiastic about that is not necessarily a solid gold idea.

However, I do generally believe that you should be open & honest in a relationship (but still TACTFUL if possible!), after all if you can't tell your wife, who can you tell??

Slomo said:
Except, as I said, we know from so many others that it's not a matter of IF she will find out on her own, it's a matter of WHEN. And when she does find your stash ( or trash, or internet browsing, etc), there is a very high likelyhood it will ruin your marriage.

So you say you don't want to risk your marriage, but that's exactly what you're doing right now. Care to explain?

Slomo your words of wisdom are inspiring as is your journey. I love your positive attitude.
Dlover, I can vouch what Slomo says is prophetic. I would even suggest she may know already just not said anything. In my experience it was after nearly 5 years of marriage and after a bad accident where I needed help with many things that I told my wife. Admittedly not with great detail. But I thought I had done an incredible job of being private even burying used diapers in a bag deep in outside bin but when I told her she said she had seen used diapers in bin and wasn’t sure if she should say anything. God bless her for being the most amazing person in the world that she has been supportive and loves me just the same. I hope in your case nothing bad happens and only you know your wife. In my case it was a weight lifted I didn’t know was there and very positive. I still don’t flaunt it I still have a fear of wearing around her but it’s only in my head I guess from years of being private
All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlover said:
So my wife of 10 years, who has no idea of my DL side, says she wants to try a pull up style depends for her monthly. She has been having a hard go around lately with that special time and said she wants to try. It has been very difficult to contain myself because I wanted so much to say hey! I got some diaps hiding in my stash you wanna try one. I have kept my secret so long I can't imagine how she might react to it. On the other hand I would love so much for us to spend some diaper time together and be comfortable with it. I think best to keep the skeleton in the closet for now. Thanks for listening, just need to vent once in a while.

Well, of course, encourage it, as much as possible, with being obnoxious. Good things may come of it. Honestly, I've always wondered why more women don't come over, for just those reasons. I know it can be messy, and you wanna get out of the mess quickly, but how many women fear the leakage like the worst plague? My wife did, when she was menstruating... We're over that now.

RubberJin said:
Slomo - using a pullup for her monthlies is a world away from diaper fetishism, being weirdly enthusiastic about that is not necessarily a solid gold idea.

However, I do generally believe that you should be open & honest in a relationship (but still TACTFUL if possible!), after all if you can't tell your wife, who can you tell??

For sure. Just as far away as diaper lovers are from diaper fetishst too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back