Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello everyone,

For those that grew up either wearing diapers or liking them, I have a question. (I didn't grow up liking them. They were just to keep my sheets dry. Now I kind of think they're comfortable and like the designs of some so it makes me feel better even though I wet the bed.) How did everyone react when they first found out they made pull-ups in between the little and adult sizes? For me I was kind of embarrassed knowing they made pull-ups specifically for kids that wet the bed. That and the fact that they were sold with the baby diapers, like Huggies and Luvs even though I was in middle school.... I don't even know how my parents found out about them in the first place.

I am glad I had them instead of waking up to change the sheets, but I was just wondering when everyone else found out about them growing up.

For me growing up they did not even have pullups. I was born in the mid 70's and pullups did not come out till 89. And Goodnights did not come out till the mid 90's

Same here. There were no pullups when I was growing up.

To be honest, I think pull-ups suck and they didn’t exist when I grew up. Makes no difference to me because I will never use them.

Comming from somone who did grow up during the era of Pull-ups and Goodnites, it was honestly amazing to learn that they made diapers in sizes specifically for my age group as a kid. Being the oldest in the household I always had access to diapers and pullups of smaller sizes. This was ok untill I quickly out-grew the diapers available in the house and said diapers were no longer available. I know for me, again growing up in the era of Goodnites, I have always had a fascination with pullps. This is why I crave an adult version of the Goodnites. I remember when I was in my early teens, I went to camp with somone who had to wear Goodnites. Needless to say, I managed to sneek one out of his back into my room. Putting a diaper on that was designed to fit me, as well as hold a wetting of my size, was amazing. It was my first real experience with a diaper made specifically for my age group. This is probably why to this very day I still yearn for an adult pullup designed like the old Goodnites.

I remember being younger and being interested in diapers. Everytime a younger cousin or relative in diapers was over, I would try to take one and just admire and try to put it on. It wasnt until I was about 12 and saw a Goodnite advertisement of two young boys pillow fighting and then it was talking about “He still needs protection...” and all that good stuff. It would be around this time I would also steal Goodnites from Walmart and such, stuffing diapers in my pants. I no longer do that, as stealing is illegal and I can buy better diapers. But when I was 14/15 I would also ride my buke to CVS and buy Packs of Goodnites with the little money i had saved up. Obviously, the Goodnites were trash, only hilding one wetting, but they were still amazing. The perfect mix of baby diaper and teenage diaper if you ask me. I love pullups with their design, and ease of use, but they dont hold enough. Still have a place in my heart though.

BabyCook, based on what you mentioned, I'm pretty sure that commercial was for UnderJams instead. At least I don't recall a Goodnites commercial with two boys pillow fighting.

Sadly Goodnites were not invented when I needed them.

I saw adverts on TV for DryNites (UK name) but didn't know that they were pullups until I was maybe 12 or so. Wish I had known when I was younger and could get have worn them then.

In a lot of ways it wasn't really a thing I had to find out about. I went from Diapers to Pullups to Goodnites and when I was a kid it wasn't really a question of "finding out", I was a "big kid" and therefore I wore the "big kid" pullups so it was never in question that they'd go up from there.

But my parents did "bust me back down" to diapers before I was diagnosed with anything and I was made to feel super upset about that. Like I'd failed and was demoted or something. They figured my potty training was being held back by the pullups, it wasn't until later that the fact that I was physically incapable of succeeding at it became apparent to them. And because I was a kid and felt some sense of accomplishment that I was a "big kid", they of course used that phrase to really amp up the shame, and I still get a bit of a pang when I hear it or see it.

When i was small i was a betwetter. even up until age 12-13 i'd regularly wet in my sleep. I used to not like the fact that i was contrained to these at night, and wanted to wear underwear at night. eventually i felt like a piece of me was gone, until i realised there was almost a full pack of pullups in my houses main downstairs closet. I tried one and i got back on them. I'm now very thankful they do make them, because they hold a decent amount, feel quite a bit like a cloth diaper, and are comfortable. And they are basically the only child branded diaper that can fit me (at least in the us).

I was born 68 but don't remember a lot about bits until I was about 8 iish years old due to health problems. I only remember cloth nappys and plastic pants. I wet the bed due to problems and was put into nappys and plastic pants. They reminded me of calmer times before my problems started. I wet them most nights so was kept in them for a long time. I liked the feel and comfort. I still do.
I have tred pull up type pants as they were not available when i was young. They are ok but I don't think you can do better than wear a soft cloth nappy and plastic pants.

I was 16 when Goodnites came out in 1994 and they fit me perfectly. I was about 130lb with a 30" waist at the time. I had been wearing Large size Pull-Ups that I would steal from my neighbor's 4 year old brother, but those were getting tight around the waist.

DanElmontan said:
I was 16 when Goodnites came out in 1994 and they fit me perfectly. I was about 130lb with a 30" waist at the time. I had been wearing Large size Pull-Ups that I would steal from my neighbor's 4 year old brother, but those were getting tight around the waist.

We must have different understandings of perfect and fit. That weight and size is already just past what they are rated for.

I cried when I found out. My parents made me lay in pee soaked bed for years. So age 5-10 I was pretty much laying in a pool for part of the night.
I started buying pullups when I was 15/16 and then goodnites when I stopped being able to get in 5t pullups. I didnt really cry, but I was terribly hurt by the fact that my parents didnt help me deal with the bedwetting. I used to have to wear plastic pants to bed, which helped TBH, but that stopped when I was 5.
I wasnt really ab/dl until 2-3 years after I had stopped wetting the bed at age 10, but I had always wanted to wear those plastic pants again since age 5. I never thought to wear diapers during that time. I'm not sure why, just not exposed enough to the idea of a diaper for me to have remembered or thought to have asked or found diapers, I had a bad childhood too though.

I was (and still am) quite skinny. They fit even better when the XL size came out in '99 and was upsized in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back