Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I just want to know why most ABDLs prefer white diapers over others. It seems like white is the first color for a diaper and most of the ABDL diapers are either all white or only have the sides colored, leaving the middle part still white. I have done a poll about diaper colors on this website and an overwhelmingly number of people chose white over all the other colors combined. I feel like I’m in a minority of ABDLs who prefer colored diapers like blue or pink. I think it’s a shame that not too many diapers come in colors and not too many people like it either. Is there any way to get more people liking colored diapers?

For me, I wear discretely and do not want others to know when I do wear. If I am in the right mood, staying in and wife is OK knowing I am wearing at that time, I might go colorful. But most of the time, that is not case and white seems to be more discreet. I also like the look of a wet white diaper.

I like blue Molicares. They look medical so if they were accidentally shown people would assume they are because of incontinence issues. I personally don't like all white nappies or AB ones.

I like colored ones like the molicares. I am not particularly fond of the patterns unless they are less babyish. I'm really not the AB type and wear more for comfort and stress relief. The color or the molicares makes me feel more like I'm wearing something designed for adults, since it is more of a medical style. Soooo all that said, you're not alone just don't like the liddy designs.

On the other hand some obviously do since they are out of stock quite often....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I like white nappies because they represent to me the ones babies would wear during the 1990s and also the type I would wear. Plus an all white nappy is a universally recognised symbol of a nappy found in many television shows and movies.

I will wear any diaper so long as it doesnt leak , although if im about my home i like a taped to the pull ups im not a AB but some times a pattern is a nice touch. I like a nappy i can use several times and soak , i generaly go for the Maxi plus taped 3ltr capacity.As for cloth its white every time

Good question that I really can't answer but I also prefer wearing complete white diapers myself! I have had a couple of colored diapers before (orange, green and purple) and actually hated them for not being white. If they are not white they make me feel uncomfortable!

I prefer colored, my favorite is the Rearz Seduction. All black, which is, to me, more discreet then white, and I look sexy in em! :p

I prefer completely white diapers too. Maybe because that was all I saw as a kid of the 70s/80s.

White just seems like a clean, functional colour too. As if... diapers aren't a toy; they're just something you need to wear. They're just there do to a necessary job. And with white diapers, you can see when you've used them, which helps see when they need changing, and also looks kinda cute/embarrassing in a "little" way... :)

I totally get why people like colourful diapers and cute prints too. But, they don't really do anything special for me.

Rugrats Diaper.jpg

Even though most of us that are in our 20s and 30s were babies during the heyday of gendered diapers, the classic look is all white, it's in the public consciousness even today.

Yeah i have had blue and pink that did nothing for me. I just am drawn to white ones.

bigtoddler96 said:
I just want to know why most ABDLs prefer white diapers over others. It seems like white is the first color for a diaper and most of the ABDL diapers are either all white or only have the sides colored, leaving the middle part still white. I have done a poll about diaper colors on this website and an overwhelmingly number of people chose white over all the other colors combined. I feel like I’m in a minority of ABDLs who prefer colored diapers like blue or pink. I think it’s a shame that not too many diapers come in colors and not too many people like it either. Is there any way to get more people liking colored diapers?

I will tell you why. It's because disposable diapers were originally all white, all the way down to the tapes, from the very beginning until the early 1980's. The colors came later in the so-called "designer diapers", and then gender specific color (pink or blue). When I really started to dislike the colors, was when Depend came out with their green-colored "briefs", which were a complete turnoff in my opinion. Then other companies would color-code for size, some of them in yellow or beige. I will pick white, being happy that those days are essentially over, and you can stick a fork in it. I am fine with the juvenile prints on some adult diaper brands, by the way. I just feel they are more pleasant to look at, and are less objectionable to see when I am cleaning a restroom.

I love colored ones but the whites, for many look like the ones they wore as babies. I guess it is a classic. I know what I wore as a baby in the early 1980s

Even though white is a popular color option there are also a lot of printed options that sell out all the time like ABUniverse Little Pawz and such.

You can ask this as many times as you like but it's not changing any time soon. Most ABDLs like white diapers or at least diapers that are base white. Instead of asking variations of the question or condemning white diapers, I'd focus on enjoying the colored diapers that are available and posting to threads where manufacturers are asking what the market wants. Just because the demand is less, doesn't make it pointless to serve. There are going to be fewer options but as long as they're good ones, who cares?

Form follows function. Instead of designer colors, I prefer diapers that actually work without leaking. That said, a functional and colord diaper is nice. Crinklz meets this but is the only one I know of that does.

SweetPrincess said:
I like white nappies because they represent to me the ones babies would wear during the 1990s and also the type I would wear. Plus an all white nappy is a universally recognised symbol of a nappy found in many television shows and movies.

Basically same for me. Back in the days before I could get my own diapers, those were the ones I'd see and wish I was wearing, and that's what's cemented in my memory of "what a diaper is"

I'm a child of the 50s and 60s, and all diapers - cloth and disposable - were white. Diapers were almost universally white until the early 1980s.

As Trevor says, the preference for white isn't going to change anytime soon. But don't make sound like too much of a purist: 10 of my 12 pocket diapers are in different colors ranging from seafoam green to bright red, and my favorite disposable is ABU Space.

MailCat581 said:
I'll wear whatever diaper Josh's mom puts on me whether it be printed or not. Everyone who knows me knows that I wear not for the looks but for the protection. Anytime I am wearing a printed diaper and someone accidentally catches a peek of it they just shrug their shoulders and move on as if they're thinking "Well, maybe he needs those." And I do wear because of needs. A diaper is a diaper whether it be plastic backed, cloth backed, printed, or plain white. I'll wear whatever I'm put in.

That kind of answer appeals to me but only when you've got a caretaker handy. It's possible that the right kind of caretaker might even get me to enjoy wearing a diaper with a clothlike cover but I won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back