Why white diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume it’s universal because it’s easier to tell when it’s been used..

I guess just because it feels like the natural colour for a nappy... which I suppose progressed from terry/cloth nappies through to the early disposables.

I also like the sight of a woman in full white panties because it gives that nappy-like appearance, at first glance at least!

MailCat581 said:
I'll wear whatever diaper Josh's mom puts on me whether it be printed or not. Everyone who knows me knows that I wear not for the looks but for the protection. Anytime I am wearing a printed diaper and someone accidentally catches a peek of it they just shrug their shoulders and move on as if they're thinking "Well, maybe he needs those." And I do wear because of needs. A diaper is a diaper whether it be plastic backed, cloth backed, printed, or plain white. I'll wear whatever I'm put in.

Thehee! :D Very well said <3

Why white?

From a manufacturing standpoint, white is easy to come by; often no additional steps are required to make the material white. This helps keep costs down. White also takes other colorants/prints nearly perfectly with no color compensation necessary. That is why white was originally chosen; if it was even thought of.

This brings us to the consumer standpoint. With white being the default color of diapers, the included associations become powerful links to defining what a diaper is. Ask anyone to draw you a plain diaper and more likely than not it will be white. White as a color also carries the least amount of bias of any kind (natural, inferred, implied, etc) such to an extent that any other color can't even come close to it. If diapers were blue (any hue of blue, pick one) there would be less than infrequent petitions asking that diapers be made pink, purple, a different shade of blue, or even... white. White is so universal that when presented with the fact that any other color is only optional, the vast majority of people simply accept it. White diapers are seen as so normal it most people would never give more than one thought to exactly why they're white.

Don't get me wrong, your question is far from stupid and is great for conversation. This is more along the lines of "Why is sky blue?" Because of Rayleigh Scattering that's why. The question seemed almost absurd as we had no clear explanation until we were able to characterize light scattering.

Do you think that most ABDL diapers will still be white in the future or they will be more ABDL diapers in different babyish colors? What's your predictions?

Well it is actually simple why white diapers are preferred, white represents cleanliness and shows any usage easily,
Back when cloth diapers where all the rage they came in one color, white. Any discoloration in the cloth was a sign of a parent who either was poor at washing and bleaching the cloth diapers back to pristine white or to poor to afford a washing machine and had to hand was the cloth diapers.
Also white diapers are a sign of institutional use ( i.e. Medically necessary) and less stigma associated with them over the modern printed adult diapers on the market today.
At least thats my take on it as to why "white" diapers.

Also, dye costs money, and adds to the price on a diaper. Uncolored plastic is cheapest, most plastics have a natural somewhat opaque or clear color. White IS a pigment, and adding it does cost money, but white is the most common and therefor the cheapest pigment available. It's also very easy to be consistently white. Being consistently blue for example, means carefully controlling the amount of pigment, lest you get slightly different shades of blue.

But forgetting all of that "technical stuff", given a choice of solid colors, the only diaper I want is an all-white one. So much of this is mental for most of us, and white is what we came to associate with diapers long ago, so that's not likely to change. We want what we remember, what we're used to, and that's WHITE!

And years ago the diapers I remember coveting most were those worn by the kids stumbling around at friends and families houses, usually also wearing white t-shirts and socks, and I think that's why I also enjoy hanging out at home dressed the same, with a short, tight-fitting white t-shirt and white socks. I'm "living the dream" so to speak, I'm exactly what I was so jealous of years ago. And that's how I am sitting here right now too, wearing a short white t-shirt, white socks, and a fresh BetterDry, I wouldn't have it any other way!

white.jpg

Personally white diapers don't do it for me I like tykables. Guess I missed the poll.

Sent from my UL40 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back