Trouble Fitting into Adult Sized Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicfan9389

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone else have trouble fitting into Adult Sizes? I was a preemie and had a brain hemorrhage that affected my growth. I've wet the bed since middle school and have always barely been able to fit into adult-size pants. (I'm a 14 regular underwear or youth large) I wore GoodNites for a long time until they started leaking a few years ago if I mentioned that before. Then Depends would do the same thing so I switched from pull-ups to diapers recently due to being tired of leaks. Even diapers are too big and bunch up in the back with the padding. (I wear ConfiDry 24/7 and North Shore Supreme) They are better though because I can get a tighter fit at my legs than pull-ups since I wet more than I did growing up. I also have started wearing GoodNites during the day and just tucking my shirt in, since I wet myself if I forget to go to the bathroom when the urge first hits me.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has trouble finding an adult sized product that isn't too big for them. I get embarrassed that people look at me if I have to buy my daytime pull-ups in the baby aisle at the store. My face didn't mature normally so I still look young, except for my facial hair. I just think people look at me weird wondering why I have to buy bedwetting pull-ups to wear during the day.

I believe several on-line medical supply stores have youth size diapers available (24-28" waist or something about that size) and I think those diapers would have pretty good capacity. You might look there. Hope you find something good to use.

diaperbobby said:
I believe several on-line medical supply stores have youth size diapers available (24-28" waist or something about that size) and I think those diapers would have pretty good capacity. You might look there. Hope you find something good to use.

I tried the youth-sized Tranquility ATN's (my backup diaper) and they were just a little small for me. (I found the small size a few months ago as backup when I switched from Depend Pull-ups to regular diapers. I went to a medical supply store in the area I found to see if they had a backup for me to wear that would be better than Depends in case my nighttime diapers are ever shipped late.) So it's like they either make diapers too big or too small. It's the same way with socks for me.

Oooh, sorry 'bout that... Good luck finding something that works better--hope you do.

Looks like you may need a bit of mother of invention ideas:

1) if large sizing with what you wear with outer wear is not a problem then take a baby diaper and line the interior of a medium diaper and bulk out the fit.
Lots of ways to mix and match the various diapers that are marketed today.

2) take a disposable type diaper and cut the waist wings out leaving a sort of loin cloth panel to line a well fitting underwear - if an unusual heavy wetter
may need a plastic diaper cover or more liners pad in the drainage area.

3) take a look at what is available to make custom conversions adapted especially for you - if too bulky - design or wear clothing to accommodate this factor.

4) if not a heavy wetter - go light - and plan on making changes frequently as the event demands with minimal diapered gear.

5) Diapered gear for night time use does not involve a fashionable presentation as much as daytime street wear - relax work your diapered wardrobe around what you are doing.

babylock1 said:
Looks like you may need a bit of mother of invention ideas:

1) if large sizing with what you wear with outer wear is not a problem then take a baby diaper and line the interior of a medium diaper and bulk out the fit.
Lots of ways to mix and match the various diapers that are marketed today.

2) take a disposable type diaper and cut the waist wings out leaving a sort of loin cloth panel to line a well fitting underwear - if an unusual heavy wetter
may need a plastic diaper cover or more liners pad in the drainage area.

3) take a look at what is available to make custom conversions adapted especially for you - if too bulky - design or wear clothing to accommodate this factor.

4) if not a heavy wetter - go light - and plan on making changes frequently as the event demands with minimal diapered gear.

5) Diapered gear for night time use does not involve a fashionable presentation as much as daytime street wear - relax work your diapered wardrobe around what you are doing.

For daytime accidents I may try wearing GoodNites like I used to wear at night. They are the same size as my normal underwear so I could hide them easily under clothes. I would just need to change more frequently like you said. For nighttime I could try lining an adult diaper with a baby diaper like you said, I just don't know what size or brand would work the best. I'm also a little embarrassed to be buying the GoodNites and diapers, but maybe people wouldn't pay attention. (My parents would make me go shopping with them for my GoodNites growing up, so I have memories of being embarrassed.)

musicfan9389 said:
I tried the youth-sized Tranquility ATN's (my backup diaper) and they were just a little small for me.

Youth ATNs are suitable for an 18" to 26" waist. I'd try another brand of diaper to the ones you've tried before -- they all fit a bit differently.

Abena Abri-Form small size diapers fit a 23.5" to 33.5" waist, so maybe they would be a better choice? They come in a few different absorbencies according to your needs.

If you go into a Wal*Mart Target CVS Walgreens the embarrassment is all yours - the check out people are all very neutral about what you are buying UNLESS they are someone
that you know personally. It is something that one has to get over with in the purchase of products that are not the usual fare be it diapers condoms feminine sanitary items.
You are doing this for a medical reason - excuse enough - you may get sympathy - but there is no further reason for concern
My dad owned a small corner pharmacy and customer protocol dictated discretion with customer purchases - inappropriate handling was dealt with severely - the business depended
on it. The only cause celebre for you would be running into an acquaintance while making the purchase of the personal use items - so plan your purchase around this potential event.

As for the mix and match of diapered gear - this is something that you will have to play around with (trial and error). Whether you are doing this for economic reasons getting the best
value for the buck or efficiency of making it all work well for you - or - even the both of these - at first buying in volume and bulk may not be the best thing - but putting the pieces
and parts of this and that will see if it does. Then the next step to determine how when and where to order the diapers and were they are to be received and stored from prying eyes.

Good Luck - hope you put together something that offers personal comfort for a reasonable price.

musicfan9389 said:
I tried the youth-sized Tranquility ATN's (my backup diaper) and they were just a little small for me. (I found the small size a few months ago as backup when I switched from Depend Pull-ups to regular diapers. I went to a medical supply store in the area I found to see if they had a backup for me to wear that would be better than Depends in case my nighttime diapers are ever shipped late.) So it's like they either make diapers too big or too small. It's the same way with socks for me.

In the last few years, there has been a move into new, better-sized diapers for young teens who are too big for baby diapers but too small for adult diapers.

The best options I can think of would be the Abena Abri-Form Junior...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Abena-Abri...d=1523122049&sr=8-1&keywords=abri+form+junior

Or Tena Slip Junior...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tena-Slip-...d=1523122180&sr=8-1&keywords=tena+slip+junior

Both of these diapers will fit you if you have a waist size between 40-60cms.

Beyond this, you may want to look at Race Car Diapers by Undercareware. These are expensive but they do the job.

If these are too small or expensive, Tena do their Slip Plus in a X small size.

Hope this helps

One Raindrop Raises The Sea
Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Please do not recommend that company. They have a bad reputation due to the fact that they sell catalogs of pictures of young boys. They keep changing their name but not the name of their products.

Apologies if I offended anyone with this recommendation for UndercareWear - I will not recommend it again.

It was not my first recommendation and unlike the other two I provided, there was no link.

There are other alternatives out there if you know where to look.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

look on ebay for wear to work onesies they are the bomb for me to help hold diaper in place i to am in a hard to fit shape medium diapers a bit on the small side but large is a bit big on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back