I think I’m done with Tykables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
I ordered a case of Overnights as soon as they announced, “All prints in stock sooner than expected!” the 1st week of March. My order never shipped & Ive been waiting and waiting & seeing distributors all over the world receiving stock.

Soon after I placed my order, their website changed from “in stock” to “shipping in March”. Since there are only 2 days left in March, I contacted them & asked what the status was and they told me, “Unfortunately we are still waiting for our diapers to be delivered and will ship them out once we get them.”

WTF? I ordered them when they said they were in stock & I’ve been patiently waiting over 3 weeks and now I find out that they’re waiting for another shipment? They couldn’t even narrow it down to a time-frame.

I live a few hours from their store but people in Australia & the UK can get them and I can’t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That absolutely sucks; if it keeps up much longer I will be right there with you in not making future orders with them.

Eh, I understand the frustration. AB universe has never let me down.

I am sorry to hear your frustration. I believe you may have misunderstood what someone said when you spoke with us. We have several deliveries still being brought to us and we are shipping everything out as it comes in. We have already begun shipping pre-orders and expect to get everyone out shortly.

todaler said:
I am sorry to hear your frustration. I believe you may have misunderstood what someone said when you spoke with us. We have several deliveries still being brought to us and we are shipping everything out as it comes in. We have already begun shipping pre-orders and expect to get everyone out shortly.

Also when are you guys gonna put Size 3 of the new Overnights in stock?

You've made similar posts in at least four threads all at about the same time, one of which the tykables rep has already responded to. I suggest you read the response and consider posting followups in at least some of those threads. Expecting them to chase your posts around making the same reply to all of them is a bit excessive.

from https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/114992-Is-Tykables-ever-in-stock :
todaler said:
The USA market is much larger so we run through product quicker. We hope this shipment will help us restock our product so that it stays in stock. However right now many people see Australia with the product, but Australia is closer to China so they received their first shipment just a few days ago. At the same time shipments to the USA and the UK left. The UK only has the Overnights while the Galactic, Waddler, and Little Builders are arriving this coming week I believe. We are in the process of receiving our first shipment of the Galactic, Waddler, and Little Builders with a restocking of the Overnights while working through all pre orders as we speak.

Bokeh said:
I ordered a case of Overnights as soon as they announced, “All prints in stock sooner than expected!” the 1st week of March. My order never shipped & Ive been waiting and waiting & seeing distributors all over the world receiving stock.

Soon after I placed my order, their website changed from “in stock” to “shipping in March”. Since there are only 2 days left in March, I contacted them & asked what the status was and they told me, “Unfortunately we are still waiting for our diapers to be delivered and will ship them out once we get them.”

WTF? I ordered them when they said they were in stock & I’ve been patiently waiting over 3 weeks and now I find out that they’re waiting for another shipment? They couldn’t even narrow it down to a time-frame.

I live a few hours from their store but people in Australia & the UK can get them and I can’t?

That's stupid. I'm really sorry. (Still better than Verizon customer service though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may forego this company as well honestly.. I’m sure they didn’t mean for these things to happen, but to advertise to people that a product like this WILL ship at a certain time and then not honoring said advertisement is just bad business... the products we’re ordering here are something most people prefer discretion with and accurate time frames.. an easy solution would have been a simple “to be announced” notice instead of an inaccurate advertisement specifying a month.

I'm hoping I'm not on hold to actually have what I ordered shipped for a month; that unacceptable when paying such a premium price for the product (which I hear is amazing; but without customer support a company with good products may lose too many customers and go out of business)

Mariofan64 said:
I think I may forego this company as well honestly.. I’m sure they didn’t mean for these things to happen, but to advertise to people that a product like this WILL ship at a certain time and then not honoring said advertisement is just bad business... the products we’re ordering here are something most people prefer discretion with and accurate time frames.. an easy solution would have been a simple “to be announced” notice instead of an inaccurate advertisement specifying a month.

It seems to happen a lot in this market niche though. Delays are common, and multiple sequential delays happens from time to time. Yet many retailers continue to frequently advertise their most optimistic estimates of when product will be available, leading to the disappointment of many. Some take pre-orders as well, which I have an even lower opinion of, especially those that pledge never to do so that then go ahead and do it anyway.

While I agree "they don't mean for these things to happen", they can't be that impossibly naive to believe that it's not a possibility, given the history of order delays in production and transport from china. They make the decision to throw up dates, intending to do everything they can within their control to stick to them, but knowing full-well that they may have bad luck and have to do some damage control. So it's not an innocent mistake, it's a calculated risk.

Bokeh said:

omg! where are you? I live in US and I just got my order of Tykables Overnights!!! :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

todaler said:

Thanks!!! I got mine!! Happy as ever!!:laugh:

extremecomfy said:
omg! where are you? I live in US and I just got my order of Tykables Overnights!!! :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!! I got mine!! Happy as ever!!:laugh:

I live about 4 hours from the Tykables store in Illinois.

I just got an email, “Overnights diapers is now available to order from Tykables” but still no shipping confirmation on my month old order.

bambinod said:
You've made similar posts in at least four threads all at about the same time, one of which the tykables rep has already responded to. I suggest you read the response and consider posting followups in at least some of those threads. Expecting them to chase your posts around making the same reply to all of them is a bit excessive.

from https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/114992-Is-Tykables-ever-in-stock :

I come here to talk about diapers and I’m just venting my frustrations related to my experience with ordering from a known ABDL company. The comments I made in all 4 threads were relevant to the topics being discussed in those threads. When I vent my frustrations on here, my purpose isn’t to start a dialogue with Tykables. This is my personal experience & I’m sharing it with other people who might be interested in hearing about it. I reached out to their customer service & they answered & I shared their response. I certainly don’t expect them to chase my comments down and reply to all of them. If that’s something they want to do then that’s on them to do it but let’s not pretend that I’m here waiting for responses to the things I post on this forum. If I want to get a hold of them, I’ll contact them through their customer service channels.

I will post a follow up to my situation though, the follow up is that I just got an email from Tykables letting me know that they’re taking orders for Overnights once again & I still have no shipping confirmation on an order that’s 4 weeks old. Now how do you think that makes me feel as a customer that’s been patiently waiting for a product that was listed as “in stock” when I placed my order 4 weeks ago?

I’ll tell you one thing, I’m a lot more likely to post follow ups on all of those posts I made now than I was when they replied to say that I must have misunderstood them when I asked about my order. I’m not sure how I’m misunderstanding the meaning of the words “in stock” when I placed the order or the words “shipping in March” after I placed the order. The product wasn’t in stock, nor did it ship in March so I’m not really sure what it is that I misunderstood when I contacted them for an update on my order status.

Last edited:
bambinod said:

Sorry, not trying to start anything. I guess I kind of felt like I was being scolded & I’m frustrated. I’m not trying to take it out on you though so I hope you don’t take offense to my response. I just wanted to explain a little bit & it happened to be right after I got the Tykables email saying that they’re taking orders again.

I hope I’m not coming off as a jerk, I just want my diapers that I paid a lot of money for & I don’t think it’s right to have to wait a month for an order to ship when the product was showing as in stock when I placed my order. That’s very frustrating. If Tykables were more up front and clearly stated from the beginning that they were either selling stock that was on its way or selling pre-orders, I wouldn’t have minded waiting. When you show a product as in-stock however, it should be in stock & not on a slow boat from China.

My apologies if you felt like I was taking it out on you, certainly not my intention.

I think the majority of their problem is they just not able to meet the demand tykables got really popular all of a sudden now I don't think they have enough manufacturers to support their demand of course I could be wrong just my guess I know when I ordered mine I ordered them in November of 2017 and I did not receive them until February of 2018

Well, hopefully they aren't outright lying or w/e; but I contacted Tykables to get an update on my order and got that apparently they have shipments in Chicago but not at their location yet.

Presumably they will have these shipments going out in the next couple of days; and hopefully my order gets out soon too.

I will not be waiting weeks/months; otherwise I will not give them my business in the future.

They need to get more resources since they always seem to have this "problem" of selling out and it would be a smarter move to grow the company than to just keep letting the same thing happen.

My Tykables Overnights FINALLY came in today. I really wish I had t experienced the issues I had because I really like these diapers. They’re different than any other diaper available toady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back