Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinInDiapers

Colin
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As stated in my previous posts, I live with my father. I have recently started buying diapers from ABUniverse and they have discreet plain cardboard box shipping. I have played out a scenario in my head where I order diapers from ABU and when they arrive ask my father to open the package and look inside. My dad usually asks me whenever I order something online "what did you order." My usual response is something like "something for my PC" or whatever. Instead of trying to hide it I was thinking of having him open up the package, looking inside and seeing the adult baby diapers. When he questions me about the diapers I will say that I am an adult baby and I love to wear diapers. I also was going to order a onesie from ABU with my next diaper order so if I were to do so he would see the onesie as well.

I don't think that he would baby me or anything of that nature, I don't expect it either. But more so what I am looking for is for support of me wearing diapers whenever I want and being a baby whenever I want. Mainly I just don't want to have to hide all of my diapers and baby stuff. If I tell him I can keep my diapers in the open in my room as well as my other things. I can order diapers online and just say that I ordered diapers. I could also buy a diaper pail and utilize that instead of disposing of my soiled diapers in black trash bags. But I am embarrassed of being a baby and I have tried to hide it for so long. I would be too embarrassed of telling anyone and I would probably have a heart attack if someone found out without me telling them.

These scenarios are always hard to offer advice on. I would usually say don’t tel parents since it is a private matter, but if you feel that your life will be better if he knew, then maybe you should. However, you know your dad better than any of us and you can kind of expect what his reaction will be. Just be prepared for any and all reactions and fall out because once it is out in the open, there is no putting it back in. In my personal journey, there’s no way I would have told my dad because he is a Pastor and I’m sure he would assume I was demon possessed and hell bound and he would have probably kicked me out of the house unless I stopped wearing.

Bad idea. Having your father open a box to "find out" you have diapers is no different than him randomly stumbling across your stash.

In either case you will have failed to properly explain things to him first. Based on the oh-so-many stories we see here, he will most likely jump to some misconclusion, and judge you poorly for them.

The topic of how to tell someone has come up LOTS. I highly recommend you do some searches here to dig up our many suggestions.

Better to actually tell him upfront and answer any questions as best as possible rather than having him open a package of diapers as he may very well just assume a bad opinion of you not knowing what you liking diapers and ordering diapers means.

Personally I wouldn't tell him. I understand the desire not to hide something, but you wearing diapers isn't any of his business. Do you tell your dad about your sex life? Probably not, parents really don't need to be involved.

You really do not want to do something like that. As cute and innocent as it is, it would be a terrible idea. Even incontinent people don't flaunt what they're wearing, and I'm pretty sure it's comparable to having your dad show you their adult toy collection. It's awkward! Keep it in your room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed it is (probably) best to not say anything; but if you do you need to be prepared for anything as you can never 100% know how they will take it and what they will do.

Only tell your dad if you think he is fairly liberal in his thinking and accepting of alternative lifestyles. You know him and we don't. I understand the advantages of being able to wear and not be worried about being discovered. I was discovered by my mom and she was not accepting, but times have changed to some degree since then, mostly because of the internet and the exchange of ideas and information. The other alternative is to find a place of your own which is what I did after I graduated from college.

I would start off small. Maybe if you see something on the news about fetish and such and ask what do you think of Fetish. There everything to spanking to leather and handcuff. Maybe ask what is his fetish. To break the ice. Depending on how extream he is. It might give you a better idea how he will deal with you liking diapers.

I would hold off on that.

I would not do it at all, but if I HAD to pick ways this had to go down:

• I would not spring a case of diapers or a onesie on him. A parent finding this about an adult child is going to freak out without any context.
  • On context: I would not introduce this TO A PARENT as a fetish or a kink. That's just a very strange thing to tell a parent about.
  • On that note, take a bit of time to figure out what exactly a diaper, and therefore the diaper life, means to you, before you go any further on the way to telling others, to avoid causing misconception. You really don't want miscommunication here.

My advice is don't tell him, but be prepared if he did find out. To me DL is a rather private thing, I'd share with a partner, but not relatives,,,

Ravensteel said:
Personally I wouldn't tell him. I understand the desire not to hide something, but you wearing diapers isn't any of his business. Do you tell your dad about your sex life? Probably not, parents really don't need to be involved.

The op has previously said he is abdl. For him diapers are not a kink or fetish, and as such it's not based on sexuality.

I do agree if he did have a fetish/kink then his dad shouldn't be involved in his sex life. Since being abdl is a compulsory part of who we are, that's different. Anyone we feel is close to us absolutely should be aware of this part that makes us who we are.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
You really do not want to do something like that. As cute and innocent as it is, it would be a terrible idea. Even incontinent people don't flaunt what they're wearing, and I'm pretty sure it's comparable to having your dad show you their adult toy collection. It's awkward! Keep it in your room.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Incontinent people (such as myself) don't go out of our way to hide we wear diapers either. This is just something we need, and the difference between a physical and mental need is no less important for either one.

It is not comparable to an adult toy collection, it's more comparable to eyeglasses, braces, and casts. We don't hide these things, so why hide a mental need for diapers?

cd158 said:
As stated in my previous posts, I live with my father. I have recently started buying diapers from ABUniverse and they have discreet plain cardboard box shipping. I have played out a scenario in my head where I order diapers from ABU and when they arrive ask my father to open the package and look inside. My dad usually asks me whenever I order something online "what did you order." My usual response is something like "something for my PC" or whatever. Instead of trying to hide it I was thinking of having him open up the package, looking inside and seeing the adult baby diapers. When he questions me about the diapers I will say that I am an adult baby and I love to wear diapers. I also was going to order a onesie from ABU with my next diaper order so if I were to do so he would see the onesie as well.

I don't think that he would baby me or anything of that nature, I don't expect it either. But more so what I am looking for is for support of me wearing diapers whenever I want and being a baby whenever I want. Mainly I just don't want to have to hide all of my diapers and baby stuff. If I tell him I can keep my diapers in the open in my room as well as my other things. I can order diapers online and just say that I ordered diapers. I could also buy a diaper pail and utilize that instead of disposing of my soiled diapers in black trash bags. But I am embarrassed of being a baby and I have tried to hide it for so long. I would be too embarrassed of telling anyone and I would probably have a heart attack if someone found out without me telling them.

Hey buddy, I'm going to leave my two cents here. Listen, I've told many people, including my parents. It's incredibly good to let it out of your chest and stop hiding. However, the first few times it does get a little awkward. In the long run, it's worth telling them considering a few things. Are diapers sexual for you? It's much easier to talk to your parents if it's not, but if you consider yourself mostly an AB, I think is good. Now, I don't know your father, so... I don't how he'll react. Assess him, make sure he's open minded, and I expect him to love you. Just don't let him see your diapers first before addressing it.

Ask him out for a cup of coffee or something and tell him you need to tell him something important about yourself. Remind him you're still the same son he raised, just with a preference to wearing diapers. Tell him they make you happy, and how him informations about ABDLism that is trustworthy. Let him know you appreciate his understanding.

I know many people here will tell you "no". I'd say that it should be a "yes". My parents are conservative Catholic and yet, they love me and they accept me and my diapers. They even let me baby out a little. Listen, it's scary. I won't lie to you. It's helluva scary. But it's worth it.

Just assess how his reaction would be and make a decision. It's better to be open with people who love you.

Best of luck, let us know!
Hugs

Hello, well when I told my parents that I like to wear diapers I had to do some things before telling them, I started to wet the bed properly because I could not bear to keep the secret, for those days I was already wearing a diaper before telling them but the excuse to wet the bed was useful, but only about 3 months, when my parents already suspected that it was not normal to wet the bed so long, so I had to tell them the truth and to this day everything was not wrong obviously they told me that I had to leave that taste, but well I could not and I already accepted it. regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back