autism and other disabilities and ageplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I'm a bit confused. You seem to feel. . . A bit, "called out"? It's weird, because, I didn't call you out. Sorry if you felt that way.

Didn't say you weren't familiar, couldn't understand, or, couldn't appreciate what we faced. :lol: Never said it proved anything. Let's try this again! I said it wouldn't surprise me, like Edward Jenner said it wouldn't surprise him if cow pox protected against small pox, like that psychologist said it wouldn't surprise her if more Idollaters are on the spectrum, so, out of sheer morbid curiosity, what was misunderstood about what I said?

See, the difference was, that psychologist cared to study it, cared to find out, and Edward Jenner cared enough, and was curious enough, and was sure he was right enough, to put cow pus into a young boy, then expose him to a deadly virus! It's not like I'm asking for that! I'd just really love it, if someone were as interminably curious about rather autism leads to alternative love languages, i.e. Sexual fetishism, as I am! (That's a frustrated !, not an angry one.) They've studied objectum sexuality and Spectrumites. They've studied idollatry and Spectrumites. Why not ABDL/CGL and Spectrumites? Why not everything considered sexual fetishism, and Spectrumites? Why aren't we important enough to make someone bloody curious? Why can't you see I'm just curious? Does my curiosity threaten you? Is it bad? (Those are all genuine, if a tad frustrated, questions.) It's not like I'm saying AUT=ABDL. I'm saying, if ASD is present, it causes a different social language, so it's worth watching out for a different, any different, love language. Did I communicate clearly this time? Please say yes. This is frustrating.

Ah, I get you, Makubird. Yay! You were talking to her, not me, sorry. I'll leave this up, in case there's something about my point, someone can glean from it. Sorry.:hug:

Ah, I am glad you got it. Your previous version of this post left me puzzled and I was just thinking about how to reply.

Indeed, my post was a response to the post of AdorbzLittleGirl, not yours. And I really don't feel called out at all, by neither of you.

I guess we can agree on many things. The importance of being curious because there is no progress for humanity without curiosity. It would be interesting to study the sexual development and interests of autistics. And I really believe that everyone is important, people with autism included.

So big hug to you too :hug:

I am on the Asperger's and Autism spectrum, so if that adds to the demographic between that and ABDL's, you have one more to count lol.

Something else to consider is that some spectrumites may find potty training to be difficult and/or unnecessary, so diapers could be more of a comfort object for them, and not necessarily sexual.

I've always said some Auties should have, "difficult to toilet train," tattooed on our foreheads.:lol: I didn't say sex. I said, "love language," phelia, as in, autonepiophilia, another word for infantilism, with the added perk of not having the word infant in it, and confusing people, means, "self baby love," not, "self baby sex."

The reason it's all considered a fetish, sex or not, is because, if you're putting love in sex's place, well, then, how's that not a fetish? Oh gosh, I can feel Slomo. He's on his way. Lord, help us! Placing, 'the anti-sex,' where sex would be, a white coat will look at you and say, "So, you prefer cuddles, and stories, and actual closeness, and prefer it over sex? Somehow, that bonds you deeper to the person? Well, you must be swapping this, for that. Therefore, fetish."

It's not sexual for me, but, etymologically, I can see why we're all classed the same.

Last edited:
I have autism and am a little. I too wondered if there was a link because they say people with autism have “childlike interests” but I’m not sure. I also have PTSD, which I believe has been linked to regression. I feel safe when I go into littlespace, so I’ll keep doing it.

I don't have an answer for your question, but for me, they feed into each other. Autism makes me feel like a kid. I feel socially and emotionally younger. I never really liked adult things. Growing up, I liked to stick with the younger children's TV shows. I always liked the bright juvenile colors of kids things compared to the drab, boring colors of adult things. Being AB/little just matches who I am.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I've always said some Auties should have, "difficult to toilet train," tattooed on our foreheads.:lol: I didn't say sex. I said, "love language," phelia, as in, autonepiophilia, another word for infantilism, with the added perk of not having the word infant in it, and confusing people, means, "self baby love," not, "self baby sex."

The reason it's all considered a fetish, sex or not, is because, if you're putting love in sex's place, well, then, how's that not a fetish? Oh gosh, I can feel Slomo. He's on his way. Lord, help us! Placing, 'the anti-sex,' where sex would be, a white coat will look at you and say, "So, you prefer cuddles, and stories, and actual closeness, and prefer it over sex? Somehow, that bonds you deeper to the person? Well, you must be swapping this, for that. Therefore, fetish."

It's not sexual for me, but, etymologically, I can see why we're all classed the same.

I have never once said that. Maybe you just need a refresher on better understanding the differences. When it's a form of diaper love, it's called being a dl not a fetish. When it is a form of sex, then yes it's a fetish.

Slomo said:
I have never once said that. Maybe you just need a refresher on better understanding the differences. When it's a form of diaper love, it's called being a dl not a fetish. When it is a form of sex, then yes it's a fetish.
I didn't say you did say that. I said I could feel your kneejerk compulsion to disagree with-- most people, actually, but, it seems, especially me, coming, a mile away.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I didn't say you did say that. I said I could feel your kneejerk compulsion to disagree with-- most people, actually, but, it seems, especially me, coming, a mile away.

To be perfectly honest, I always understood that a fetish is something sexual, ergo if it's not sexual, it's not a fetish, right? I'm just kinda confused whether I got the meaning of the word wrong^^"

As to the topic of the thread, there surely seems to be a correlation, but I don't think there's a causation. I don't know if I'm really neurotypical, but I've never been diagnosed with anything (and there have been plenty opportunities), so for the sake of my statement, let's say I am. For me, being little is fun and a way to escape from the cold adult world (in as much as university is really "adult") and maybe also a help for dealing with emotions since I'm not particularily good at that.
From reading this thread it seems as though many people on the autism spectrum really enjoy the feeling of a diaper, but I suppose that's a case by case thing...my brother (a low-functioning autist) can barely tolerate more than one layer of clothing, he would hate diapers. Sure, we have children's picture books for him, but that's because he can't (or doesn't want to) comprehend lare amounts of text...

But, well, it kind of makes sense that a lot of ABs and Littles aren't exactly what society would consider normal. I'm not, either, even without a diagnosis. This is a pretty unusual interest, so it makes sense that something unusual in our brains has caused this interest.

Sorry this isn't an overly informed post, my brain is kinda frayed right now.

Schwanensee said:
To be perfectly honest, I always understood that a fetish is something sexual, ergo if it's not sexual, it's not a fetish, right? I'm just kinda confused whether I got the meaning of the word wrong^^"

As to the topic of the thread, there surely seems to be a correlation, but I don't think there's a causation. I don't know if I'm really neurotypical, but I've never been diagnosed with anything (and there have been plenty opportunities), so for the sake of my statement, let's say I am. For me, being little is fun and a way to escape from the cold adult world (in as much as university is really "adult") and maybe also a help for dealing with emotions since I'm not particularily good at that.
From reading this thread it seems as though many people on the autism spectrum really enjoy the feeling of a diaper, but I suppose that's a case by case thing...my brother (a low-functioning autist) can barely tolerate more than one layer of clothing, he would hate diapers. Sure, we have children's picture books for him, but that's because he can't (or doesn't want to) comprehend lare amounts of text...

But, well, it kind of makes sense that a lot of ABs and Littles aren't exactly what society would consider normal. I'm not, either, even without a diagnosis. This is a pretty unusual interest, so it makes sense that something unusual in our brains has caused this interest.

Sorry this isn't an overly informed post, my brain is kinda frayed right now.
It's hard to explain the way psychs look at it. They look at strange love languages as fetishes, too. This thread didn't last long, but look at what the researcher said about what I said. https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/111857-Paraphilia-Research-Study

Last edited:
tobid03 said:
I don't have an answer for your question, but for me, they feed into each other. Autism makes me feel like a kid. I feel socially and emotionally younger. I never really liked adult things. Growing up, I liked to stick with the younger children's TV shows. I always liked the bright juvenile colors of kids things compared to the drab, boring colors of adult things. Being AB/little just matches who I am.

This is exactly how I feel!

SpAzpieSweeTot said:

I was very difficult to toilet train 57 years ago.

tobid03 said:

Something else I've thought of is liking sameness on the autism spectrum. I don't like growing up because of change which is another reason why I've stuck to kids' things longer than I should have. Also, there's less rules socially and less expectations on kids which matches me as an autie.

I have autism and have been an abdl since I was about 5. I was a tough case to potty train so that may have contributed to it.

I was also hard to potty train. According to my mother I had it all backwards so I thought I was supposed to go in my pants and she cleans me up. I couldn't figure out I was supposed to go in the potty chair and I didn't want to get it dirty. Then she says I liked wearing them so she couldn't potty train me. Then one day I decided to quit wearing them when I realized diapers were for babies and I was a big girl, not a baby. I bet my parents were so happy that day when they got back from work. My grandma was there taking care of us while they were gone. All she said was "Beth is a big girl, Michael is a baby so he wears diapers, Beth a big girl, Mike a baby." I also saw the mess he made in his diaper.

- - - Updated - - -

tobid03 said:
Something else I've thought of is liking sameness on the autism spectrum. I don't like growing up because of change which is another reason why I've stuck to kids' things longer than I should have. Also, there's less rules socially and less expectations on kids which matches me as an autie.

What's weird is, I have noticed even NTs don't like change so they have a disdain attitude towards political correctness and they have a hard time accepting anything that is different. That is why people with disabilities or anyone who is slightly different get flak. So we have laws out there like the IEP to protect kids and so they get the education they need and public schools are not allowed to deny a child. Only way they can kick a kid out of their school is if the kid has behavior. My school tried to say I had that problem just so they can get me into a behavior class. But I was not a danger to any kids and they exaggerated my problems because I have heard of worse cases about behavior disordered kids. They acted like I was that bad. Like stacking books on my heads, normal kid behavior while other kids in my class are making funny faces at the teacher and throwing things and getting out of their seats because they are bored because the student teacher was over explaining math problems and couldn't keep her audience. Even my therapist who watched that 6 hour video said this was not a Beth problem, this was a school problem, problem with their system. She also noted other kids behavior and how no one is with the student teacher helping her. She also said she would not be able to learn in that environment either with all that distraction around me so she bets I learned nothing that day and I held it all in because of all that chaos around me. She also said me shoving a girl hard in her seat was because I was provoked, I ignored her and kept pushing her hand off me and finally I gave her a nudge and that kid nearly fell out of her seat. The school tried to use that incident to justify their belief I had a behavior. But because I was different, I got picked on by my school staff and trivial things I was doing being made into a bigger problem.

I am not tolerant of "changes", unless I am prompted by others that they are going to happen.
My younger brother is filling me in on what changes are going on, so that I can keep from having meltdowns.

tobid03 said:

I am also this way. I like both children's TV shows and bright colors. There would be times where I would be watching shows like Daniel Tigers Neighborhood, or Curious Geroge, my mom would walk in to them room and tell me that no adult should be watching kids cartoons. I now change the channel when I hear my mom enter the house. One time I bought some brightly colored sweaters from PSNY, and my mom threw a fit saying adults shouldn't be wearing bright colors, but I liked the way they looked.

FootiePJ said:
I am also this way. I like both children's TV shows and bright colors. There would be times where I would be watching shows like Daniel Tigers Neighborhood, or Curious Geroge, my mom would walk in to them room and tell me that no adult should be watching kids cartoons. I now change the channel when I hear my mom enter the house. One time I bought some brightly colored sweaters from PSNY, and my mom threw a fit saying adults shouldn't be wearing bright colors, but I liked the way they looked.

Your Mom wants you to be an Adult, but it is like we autistics, myself included still love the TV shows of childhood.
At 60 I watch MLP:FIM, and Paw Patrol, and other like lids TV shows.
Earlier this evening I watched a POKEMON movie I have on DVD.
Growing up, being profoundly physically and emotionally abused, I never had a childhood, looking after my younger brother and being a de-facto mental hospital back ward orderly to our autistic mom who was profoundly mentally-ill.
I never asked to be an Adult Baby.
I just am.
I am a physically and developmentally disabled little boy who is not toilet-trained and still in diapers and plastic pants, but occasionally makes a pee-pee or a poo-poo into the potty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back