autism and other disabilities and ageplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

leviebaby88

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
hi i have a quick question but first things first let me introduce my self i have aspergers , adhd and paranoid schizophrenia and wondering there seems to be a connection with autism and abdl or age play but my question is should we reach out to littles who have autism and other disabilities because other age players have autism and other disabilities and they also make up abdl and age play community i like this talked about more in the abdl and age play community :thumbsup::sad::smile1::detective3

On this site, we do reach out to many different people who for one reason or another, wear diapers. Though autism does not cause Paraphilia Infantalism, enjoying diapers can be something some people on the Autism scale enjoy. Some think it may be because of the tactile response to diapers, in other words, how they feel. As you probably know, some people who are a lot more extreme on the Autism scale wear diapers because they can't potty train or have no desire to.

That said, this site reaches out primarily to those who are adult babies, diaper lovers and those who are incontinent. Everyone is welcome.

Thank you

When it comes to the Autism Spectram, I felt really bad for not

telling people esp on the Greetings forum that I have at least

34 Percent Autism which I took a test on the Autism Test App

as well as me being a diaper wearer/lover.

I feel like I'm a looser cuz of this, I need someone to have my back. :(

Sent from my Rockchip RK3288 Chromebook using Tapatalk

We all have different reasons for like diapers and liking age play and whatever other similar interests we all have.

None of us are here to discriminate against any of the rest of us for any reason.

And whatever your reasons may be they are equally as valid as my reasons and we all deserve to be able to be ourselves and to enjoy the things we like.

leviebaby88 said:
hi i have a quick question but first things first let me introduce my self i have aspergers , adhd and paranoid schizophrenia and wondering there seems to be a connection with autism and abdl or age play but my question is should we reach out to littles who have autism and other disabilities because other age players have autism and other disabilities and they also make up abdl and age play community i like this talked about more in the abdl and age play community :thumbsup::sad::smile1::detective3

Good Evening.
I myself have Asperger's Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.
Yes, I am an Adult Baby.
Of course, I am 100% genuinely urinary and fecal incontinent.
I do have Unipolar Depression.
I have been an Adult Baby for decades.
Anyway, I just turned age 60 recently.

I'm autistlc, and I'm more of a little. I don't do much with ageplay because of my current situation. It's usually just small things such as cuddling stuffies, watching Disney Junior/Paw Patrol and other things. ^^ Oh, and I have ADHD as well... along with very severe anxiety. I am overflow incontinent, but I don't wear diapers for this... I wear pads.

I think diapers are sensory for me. I like how they feel. I am not into the baby stuff anymore but I have always been on the immature side emotionally and socially.

Calico said:
I think diapers are sensory for me. I like how they feel. I am not into the baby stuff anymore but I have always been on the immature side emotionally and socially.

Same here. I express myself childishly/childlike at times. It's a habit because I feel more connected to be younger than my actual age. ^^;

Last edited:
Is there like an official connection between aspergers and being into diapers and stuff? It seems to be pretty common. Even I myself have been told I have it when I was very young but it's so subtle you wouldn't know unless I told you. Is this one of the aspects where it shows through, proving that I do in fact have it to some extent?

FallenWolf said:
Is there like an official connection between aspergers and being into diapers and stuff? It seems to be pretty common. Even I myself have been told I have it when I was very young but it's so subtle you wouldn't know unless I told you. Is this one of the aspects where it shows through, proving that I do in fact have it to some extent?

I have never heard or read of such a connection between ASD and ABDL. But there appear to be many people here with some form of autism.

My hypothesis is that people with ASD are feeling comfortable on a forum like ADISC and that they are more likely to contribute more and for a longer time than neurotypicals. ASD are also, in general, more likely to be open about their condition, and their posts catch more attention due to length, detail and facts.

What I mean is: our perception of the number of ASD within the ABDL community may be biased.

Makubird said:
I have never heard or read of such a connection between ASD and ABDL. But there appear to be many people here with some form of autism.

My hypothesis is that people with ASD are feeling comfortable on a forum like ADISC and that they are more likely to contribute more and for a longer time than neurotypicals. ASD are also, in general, more likely to be open about their condition, and their posts catch more attention due to length, detail and facts.

What I mean is: our perception of the number of ASD within the ABDL community may be biased.

Yea I suppose that makes sense. It just seems more than a coincidence sometimes based on how many people in the community have mentioned it.

There's actually a poll about that same question (autism & other disabilities vs. abdl) on the DailyDiapers home page, and it's already gotten over 200 responses, so perhaps that may answer some people's questions. Granted, it's not part of a scientific study or something like that, but should at least give a rough estimate.

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/62192-health-and-abdl/

SorcerorElf said:
There's actually a poll about that same question (autism & other disabilities vs. abdl) on the DailyDiapers home page, and it's already gotten over 200 responses, so perhaps that may answer some people's questions. Granted, it's not part of a scientific study or something like that, but should at least give a rough estimate.

https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/62192-health-and-abdl/

Rough estimates indeed, and definitely not scientific. There is a lot of bias and confounding to be expected in this poll. But still interesting, IF you take into account a very wide margin around the reported numbers.

The numbers do not seem to be very different from the general population. You have to consider that most ABDL on fora are men (so less eating disorders and more diagnosed autism for example).

I do have to disagree. I think many people with disabilities have a childish/childlike personality. We tend to feel very connected to baby/little things, especially diapers because of the way the feel. It may not be a scientific thing, but we also don't know enough about anyone outside of this community. As far as inside the community, I don't know how many autistic ABDLs/Littles I've met so far. I'm not saying it's bad because as I've mentioned a dozen times now, I'm also autistic and disabled myself.

Also, think about what autism is, the effects it has. It's so sensory, more so than, "white coats," seem to know. It seems to be a thing of either, or. Either Auties need touch, deep, tight, consistent pressure, over large areas of the body, like me, or, on the opposite side of the coin, can't stand touch. If that were you, do you think maybe it would effect the giving and receiving of love, for you, just a bit? Think about how big the diaper area is, and how picky some of us get about fit, and feel, not just of our diapies, but pacis, chewies, the sound of our noisemakers, and musical toys, too. Fascination with aspects of the sensory environment, perhaps? That's a DSM 5 diagnostic criterion for ASD, if I'm not mistaken.

It also effects communication, either in a motormouth, broken record kinda way, or, a don't even know where to start kinda way. Let's not forget social approach being off, or that the first people many of us learn to socialize with, and feel comfortable with, are family. See how, in that case, letting someone close as a sibling, parent, or bestie, might be easier than a typical partner, you're expected to be, "boink buddies," with? Now, that's you. Ask someone for sex. Keep in mind, your nervous system might make it unbearably uncomfortable to even have the gentlest of vanilla sex, or, might make you so hypo-sensitive to touch, you need it rougher than almost anyone can take it. Also, because you're Autie, and, who'd listen to you? Who'd believe you? If you were treated terribly, in this context, and you knew you may not be able to say how, and be believed, would you even bother saying? Would sex become so icky, and love so separate, that your love language includes no sex at all, but is the truest, deepest bond you'd ever felt with anyone, to the point that letting someone other than your BIG change you, feels like cheating, even if you and your BIG, never boink?

You're still Autistic. Today is a very bad day. You don't feel right in your body, so, you're words are gone. Your receptive language is still okay, for now, but, anymore sudden change, sensory under or overstimulation, or extreme emotions, and you know it could crap out on you, too. Isn't it nice to be able to get by with crying and pointing?

I've seen white coats testing idollaters (that's sex with very realistic dolls), and objectum sexuals (that's sex, and, importantly, romantic attachment, i.e., love, with objects), for ASD. Unusual attachment to objects, that's a DSM 5 diagnostic criterion for ASD, for goodness sake. Could there be an Autie DL, who takes that lover part a bit differently from most? I bet so.

It seems, autism wires you for weird. What kind depends on the person, but, this kind wouldn't surprise me. Neither would BDSM. Even not being straight by decision wouldn't surprise me, because, I could see a Spectrumite saying, "Boink it! I switch teams! Maybe I've a better chance!"

No sexual experimentation would surprise me with us. Neither does being asexual.

Last edited:
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Also, think about what autism is, the effects it has. It's so sensory, more so than, "white coats," seem to know. It seems to be a thing of either, or. Either Auties need touch, deep, tight, consistent pressure, over large areas of the body, like me, or, on the opposite side of the coin, can't stand touch. If that were you, do you think maybe it would effect the giving and receiving of love, for you, just a bit? Think about how big the diaper area is, and how picky some of us get about fit, and feel, not just of our diapies, but pacis, chewies, the sound of our noisemakers, and musical toys, too. Fascination with aspects of the sensory environment, perhaps? That's a DSM 5 diagnostic criterion for ASD, if I'm not mistaken.

It also effects communication, either in a motormouth, broken record kinda way, or, a don't even know where to start kinda way. Let's not forget social approach being off, or that the first people many of us learn to socialize with, and feel comfortable with, are family. See how, in that case, letting someone close as a sibling, parent, or bestie, might be easier than a typical partner, you're expected to be, "boink buddies," with? Now, that's you. Ask someone for sex. Keep in mind, your nervous system might make it unbearably uncomfortable to even have the gentlest of vanilla sex, or, might make you so hypo-sensitive to touch, you need it rougher than almost anyone can take it. Also, because you're Autie, and, who'd listen to you? Who'd believe you? If you were treated terribly, in this context, and you knew you may not be able to say how, and be believed, would you even bother saying? Would sex become so icky, and love so separate, that your love language includes no sex at all, but is the truest, deepest bond you'd ever felt with anyone, to the point that letting someone other than your BIG change you, feels like cheating, even if you and your BIG, never boink?

You're still Autistic. Today is a very bad day. You don't feel right in your body, so, you're words are gone. Your receptive language is still okay, for now, but, anymore sudden change, sensory under or overstimulation, or extreme emotions, and you know it could crap out on you, too. Isn't it nice to be able to get by with crying and pointing?

I've seen white coats testing idollaters (that's sex with very realistic dolls), and objectum sexuals (that's sex, and, importantly, romantic attachment, i.e., love, with objects), for ASD. Unusual attachment to objects, that's a DSM 5 diagnostic criterion for ASD, for goodness sake. Could there be an Autie DL, who takes that lover part a bit differently from most? I bet so.

It seems, autism wires you for weird. What kind depends on the person, but, this kind wouldn't surprise me. Neither would BDSM. Even not being straight by decision wouldn't surprise me, because, I could see a Spectrumite saying, "Boink it! I switch teams! Maybe I've a better chance!"

No sexual experimentation would surprise me with us. Neither does being asexual.

I was thinking along the same lines.
For me diapers are an emotional comfort thing, besides a medical thing for incontinence.
Plus the tactile sensation of diapers as opposed to underpants is also a thing that keeps me attracted to diapers.
Although I am wearing DEPEND plastic-backed adult diapers as a 60 year-old, 57 years ago I wore thick CURITY cotton diapers with "steel diaper pins" and snap-on/pull-on vinyl plastic pants and flannel onsies, and onsies that had plastic pants integrated into them.
They were warm and comforting to wear.
Honestly, I hated when my diapers and plastic pants and onsies were "taken away" and I was made to wear thick cotton "training underpants" and made to be "clean and dry".

For me it's both sensory and practical. Getting the pressure, softness and powder level just right puts me in a good headspace and I more easily relax into my sleep. Everything about the feel just make me feel more comfortable, almost as good as a nice heavy blanket does.

AdorbzLittleGirl said:
I do have to disagree. I think many people with disabilities have a childish/childlike personality. We tend to feel very connected to baby/little things, especially diapers because of the way the feel. It may not be a scientific thing, but we also don't know enough about anyone outside of this community. As far as inside the community, I don't know how many autistic ABDLs/Littles I've met so far. I'm not saying it's bad because as I've mentioned a dozen times now, I'm also autistic and disabled myself.

I get your point, but the only point I was making is that the numbers from the poll do not prove anything. Nor do personal experiences. I understand that people with autism can be particularly attracted by the feel and other sensory aspects of diapers. However, many (AB)DL-neurotypicals will say the same thing. The same is true for the childlike personality of all the non-autistic littles around here. Childlike personalities and appreciation of the special feelings of diapers is what connects us all here at ADISC.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I also noticed that there seem to be many autistics around here. But that doesn't prove that autistics are prone to be ABDL. Other explanations could be, for example, that autistic people feel more comfortable at internet fora, that they more often engage in discussions and/or are more inclined to participate in polls than neurotypicals. We simply do not know.

I am familiar with autism by the way so I think I can understand and appreciate the specific challenges that autistic people are facing every day.

Makubird said:
I get your point, but the only point I was making is that the numbers from the poll do not prove anything. Nor do personal experiences. I understand that people with autism can be particularly attracted by the feel and other sensory aspects of diapers. However, many (AB)DL-neurotypicals will say the same thing. The same is true for the childlike personality of all the non-autistic littles around here. Childlike personalities and appreciation of the special feelings of diapers is what connects us all here at ADISC.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I also noticed that there seem to be many autistics around here. But that doesn't prove that autistics are prone to be ABDL. Other explanations could be, for example, that autistic people feel more comfortable at internet fora, that they more often engage in discussions and/or are more inclined to participate in polls than neurotypicals. We simply do not know.

I am familiar with autism by the way so I think I can understand and appreciate the specific challenges that autistic people are facing every day.
How do we know those Neurotypical ABDL/CGLs, with their childlike personalities, and special feelings toward diapers, actually are neurotypical? Have we all been thoroughly tested? Nope. I'm a bit confused. You seem to feel. . . A bit, "called out"? It's weird, because, I didn't call you out. Sorry if you felt that way.

Didn't say you weren't familiar, couldn't understand, or, couldn't appreciate what we faced. :lol: Never said it proved anything. Let's try this again! I said it wouldn't surprise me, like Edward Jenner said it wouldn't surprise him if cow pox protected against small pox, like that psychologist said it wouldn't surprise her if more Idollaters are on the spectrum, so, out of sheer morbid curiosity, what was misunderstood about what I said?

See, the difference was, that psychologist cared to study it, cared to find out, and Edward Jenner cared enough, and was curious enough, and was sure he was right enough, to put cow pus into a young boy, then expose him to a deadly virus! It's not like I'm asking for that! I'd just really love it, if someone were as interminably curious about rather autism leads to alternative love languages, i.e. Sexual fetishism, as I am! (That's a frustrated !, not an angry one.) They've studied objectum sexuality and Spectrumites. They've studied idollatry and Spectrumites. Why not ABDL/CGL and Spectrumites? Why not everything considered sexual fetishism, and Spectrumites? Why aren't we important enough to make someone bloody curious? Why can't you see I'm just curious? Does my curiosity threaten you? Is it bad? (Those are all genuine, if a tad frustrated, questions.) It's not like I'm saying AUT=ABDL. I'm saying, if ASD is present, it causes a different social language, so it's worth watching out for a different, any different, love language. Did I communicate clearly this time? Please say yes. This is frustrating. For the record, they thought Galileo and Capernicus were crazy, too, until everyone saw they were right. And Jenner? Jenner was correct, but a complete friggin' wackadoodle! What the hell!? Putting small pox in someone! Thank God he was right!

Ah, I get you, Makubird. Yay! You were talking to her, not me, sorry. I'll leave this up, in case there's something about my point, someone can glean from it. Sorry.:hug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back