How to hear formula without burning your lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

franz

Est. Contributor
I've been using my kurig to dispense hot water for making my formula but I then either have to let the bottle sit for 30 minutes or add just a bit of cold milk or water to make it where I can drink it. Anyone have tips to make formula without making it too hot? I like it warm but not burning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

make it in advance and heat it up to your liking when you want to drink. simple as that

Better Keurig machines (the ones with LCD displays) actually let you set the temperature of the water.

NovaDL said:
Better Keurig machines (the ones with LCD displays) actually let you set the temperature of the water.
I have one of the new ones with the LCD. Temp set to lowest setting and it's still too hot lol

Test it on the inside of your wrist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be advised if its baby or toddler formula, do not abuse it, the quantity of iron and other minerals in them can actually kill an healthy adult by iron poisoning, the formula are adjusted for babies and toddlers that need much much more iron than adults. So be cautious of what you drink, I'm pretty sure its not dangerous if you do it on occasion, but do not drink that every day.

CodyBaby said:
Be advised if its baby or toddler formula, do not abuse it, the quantity of iron and other minerals in them can actually kill an healthy adult by iron poisoning, the formula are adjusted for babies and toddlers that need much much more iron than adults. So be cautious of what you drink, I'm pretty sure its not dangerous if you do it on occasion, but do not drink that every day.
It is toddler formula, and no I don't drink it every day, maybe 3 times a week max.

Honestly, the easiest way to do cool it is to add cold water, like you said. Otherwise you could use one of those cooler things for baby bottles, or you just have to be a bit patient! Maybe dispense the hot water into a wider jug or something so it will cool faster?

The way I make my bottles is to take cool boiled water from the kettle, fill the bottle to the requred amount (300ml), and microwave it for about 70 seconds. Then add the milk formula (Aptamil is six scoops for 300ml). Screw on the tweet, and shake to mix.

If it's not all drunk, don't reheat it.

You can also add milk formula to cold water in the bottle, then place the bottle into a container of boiled water to heat up, testing the temp every 10 secs or so. This way takes a bit longer, but you'll get the bottle hot but not scolding.

Instead of brewing a large cup, brew a medium one and add cold water to make up the rest.

Slomo said:
Instead of brewing a large cup, brew a medium one and add cold water to make up the rest.
Yup this!

Or a small. This is actually how I make my coffee as well. 2/3rd hot, 1/3 cold milk. Comes out hot but not too hot.
Not scalding your face off is always great.

formulate to me is nasty stuff.... and also ment for infents Since my abdl age is more 4-5 I stick to regular food

Is there a reason you are partial to the keurig machine? Could you use the stove or a microwave instead?

FatherGoose said:
Is there a reason you are partial to the keurig machine? Could you use the stove or a microwave instead?

I like how it's nearly instant, and it's compact enough I can keep it in my office, without needing to make too many trips to the break room microwave.

That's just my personal preference though. I certainly could use the microwave, it's just more of a bother to me that's all. Especially with my bad legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back