Good cup/bottle for carbonated drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franz

Est. Contributor
Does anyone know and good sippy cups or bottles that handle carbonated drinks like soda and stuff without leaking? I have a bottle adapter that turns the soda bottle into a baby bottle nipple but it has recently started leaking because it's cheap and sprays soda out the bottom of where it skrews on. I love baby bottles and sippy cups so much but would be amazing to find one that can handle soda better. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don't think there are any that are worry free with soda. I have several Nuk trainer cups and I use them for carbonated drinks from time to time. All I do is right before I turn it upside down to drink out of it I squeeze the air out of the nipple/spout. Unfortunately the air has to be forced out somewhere so unless you purposely push some of the air out before you drink you do run the risk of it spraying or at least dripping quite a bit.

LittleAndrea said:
I don't think there are any that are worry free with soda. I have several Nuk trainer cups and I use them for carbonated drinks from time to time. All I do is right before I turn it upside down to drink out of it I squeeze the air out of the nipple/spout. Unfortunately the air has to be forced out somewhere so unless you purposely push some of the air out before you drink you do run the risk of it spraying or at least dripping quite a bit.
I actually tried something yesterday. Took a wide neck avent bottle with the side vent and tried carbonated water in it. Worked really well :) no luck on sippy cup yet though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It'll probably be a bit of trial and error, but one thing for sure, it won't be spill proof!

To hold a carbonated beverage the cup needs to have air flow. And a lot of those bottles that advertise vented nipples don't cut it. At least in my experience; but there's tons of bottles out there so hey maybe you can find something that works.

You're more likely to find a sippy cup that can hold soda than a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back