Anybody else like to time your (diaper)orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Long topic ahead.

I prefer to time my diaper orders so that they can arrive on a Friday afternoon or any time of the day on Saturday.

With ABUniverse I have found this easy if I can find what I have in stock at the Baltimore location, so then I know it will usually take 2 days to ship and arrive on the 3rd day.

I would have ordered a case of Little Pawz but I didn't like the notice that shipping may be delayed due to weather and not knowing if the weather may turn sour here in NY/the NorthEast again (as it tends to cycle between mild weather and snowstorms on and off)

With Tykables it seems less vague as they always seem to only have an estimated month for shipping; right now it says March and not having ordered from them before and not knowing exactly when it will ship and from what location its basically impossible for me to know when I could expect them to arrive.

The reason being that i live at home and my mom does not like that I like to wear and use diapers.

I don't "need" them in a physical sense, but I guess you can say I have a psychological need as I can get very stressed out and it's by far the healthiest way I have found to deal with stress (I was an on and off self harmer for a few years and have done binge drinking way too far before; I have been doing better though and that is a different matter).

I mean it's not the end of the world if it gets noticed, it's just awkward as I have never explained it and I don't like to talk about it as I have always preferred to keep this to myself.

Nope, I don't 'time' my orders. I live alone and can pick-up my orders at anytime and I don't wear for need.

I have to time my orders or when buying them at the store, i used to have to intercept my package when ordering online but after my mom found out i kinda stop buying them (i do have a stash left) and keep it on the down low.

Yep. Rarely goes as I'd hoped.
Predicted an Amazon order to take 2-3 days so ordered accordingly when parents would be gone. Arrived the next day, before they had left.
Another time my nappies didn't arrive until a few days into my parents leaving for the week. I was more concerned that they would arrive after my parents got back but I was fortunate I got a few days worth of wearing in.

I time and track my orders so that I make sure someone is home to get them. We had porch pirates take some Christmas presents in December. I'm sure the thieves would be surprised to see diapers!

I try to time mine so that they are delivered on days that I am off and will be at home to receive them.

For some, it’s a must, like myself. I’m currently working out how to do this. I want to place an order really badly, I think I have it figured out to have it dropped at the post office so I can pick it up whenever, but, still. It makes me nervous, cuz if it gets to my door I’m not gonna be the one picking it up :/

I timed mine to be the lowest cost for the diapers I use at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back