Coming Out Stories. Tell Yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey guys. So I wanted to start a thread on hopefully successful coming out stories to your family/friends if you want to share! I think it would be great to make sure people get encouraged to take this leap. I think it's important when you come out to someone close and they accept it.

This are my best coming out stories:

My best friend Felipe

Felipe and I have been best friends for 13 years. I met him in middle school. I had never told anyone about my ABDL side except my parents because they caught me and they had to know. I might elaborate on my parents later on if anyone wants to. Anyway, after thinking about it a lot I realized I wanted to let him know about this side of me.

We were in the car, one day, we were going to eat out together. I was super nervous, but I finally grew the balls to do it. I remember our conversation so clearly that it resonates to me even after years.

Me: Bro, can I tell you something about me? A secret?

Felipe: Sure, you can tell me anything.

I then started rambling.

Me: Well, you know I suck my thumb but... there's more to it. I... shit... I want to tell you that I like to... act like a baby and... wear...

The words died on my throat there, but he caught on.

Felipe: Diapers?

I nodded slowly and then I broke down crying. He wrapped his arms around me and started soothing me, telling me that it was okay and that he loved me. I felt so happy then. I eventually started telling him about the ABDL world and he surely had questions that I answered.

He was so amazing that right then, he took me to the supermarket and got me a pack of three baby pacifiers. Two were blue, one was green. I was so moved that I told him to keep one as a token of friendship. He said that he'd do anything for me because we were best friends and nothing would change that.

Over the years, he's the one I relied the most about my baby side. I told him about my liking to be messy, and I started wearing diapers around him. He was so cool about it and when he came over to visit, he babied me. Change my wet diaper once and rocked me to sleep as we snuggled in the same bed and I sucked my thumb.

I love him so much and he's the best success story from me.

My second best friend Onix

Onix and I are a special case. He's been my second best friend for many years, but I'm 6 years older than him. We met in school. I was the 16 year old kid who hang out with the brave 10 year old who wanted to be with the big guys. So, we developed a strong bond. He's also my sister's best friend so we shared that too.

However when I realized he was no longer the little kid I knew, I decided to tell him. I videocalled him and told him that I wanted to talk to him about something. Telling him was easier than telling Felipe, for some reason. Maybe because I knew he couldn't punch me.

He was so cool about it, and to this day, he's amazing. He often jokes about me being the diaper baby when he's 6 years younger. I call him my "little big bro" and he likes to remind me that I can be myself and there is no shame in that. He doesn't like to hear details about my diapering, but is okay for me to wear around him as long as there is no messy stuff hahaha.

My other friends

Over the years I've told numerous people, and they were all accepting, My cousins were too, and in fact, it was my revelation that led another one of my non-blood-related cousins that he's an ABDL too (the world is so small!). Everyone was accepting except for one person, but it was okay. I knew that I was surrounded by so many loving people that loved me for who I am.

So, these are my stories. What are yours?

Haha....when you wrote "coming out", I thought coming out as gay! In my case, that story may very well become a novel. It's been knocking around in my mind since 2008. Instead of writing that story, I wrote a novel about a haunted town with an ugly past. When I was in college, one of my professors told me I would one day write the great American novel, so I feel like I need to tell my story, but as fiction.

Ironically, the one person I did come out to about diapers and being AB/DL is the person who brought me out. Before te;;omg him, I told my wife. Since Buzzy and I had a sexual relationship through college, I knew I could tell him. It was not my intention to divulge. I had mentioned to him that I had joined a blog site, and because he's also a published writer and an educator, he asked me which blog site. Man, did I freeze up. I immediately thought I should have kept my mouth shut because I was really embarrassed about this, but I also knew I could tell him. He was very accepting. This was in 2008 and a month ago he phoned and asked if I was still on ADISC. It may also have been his way to ask if I was still into diapers. Anyway, I said yes. He also told me that if he wasn't married (to a guy) he would actively pursue me since my wife died.

I should add that he and my wife were close. Before I got married, I told her about my college past. I did not include my liking diapers as I was too embarrassed and this was 1972, long before the internet and the greater exchange of ideas an alternative lifestyles. Now, so much water has gone under the bridge. The thing is, he still loves me and I love him, but when I die, I want to spend eternity with my wife as our relationship was very deep and she is the mother of our children. I continue to miss her almost every minute of my life.

Well, I shared my story pretty recently, but sure, I'll give it a retelling! :biggrin:

My best friend who I've known since Primary school (about since we were 9-10, so before my AB tendencies took form) came to visit me at my university, we moved to seperate cities for uni.
Keeping this side of me a secret was just eating me up inside, so I decided I have to tell someone, and I decided on him.

I told him over text, while we were arranging the visit, that I had something to say to him when he got here. He kept wanting me to just spit it out, but I kept a tight lip.
When he arrived, after I showed him around the city and we had lunch, I started the conversation.
I began by talking about how I needed a way to cope with uni stress, so I directed his attention to the stuffies spread around my room, and talked about how I'd cuddle them, draw and colour, and in general 'act like a kid.'
I then moved on to talk about the pacis I own and that I like to wear nappies.

He was shocked, but said that me doing my own thing doesn't affect our friendship at all,
I just wanted to hug him after that :sweatdrop:

I'm happy for anyone who has positive experiences of telling people about their ABDL side. I've never 'come out' to someone about it, and really can't see myself ever doing so.

The closest I came to being 'outed' was in my early teens when my sister found the search history on our computer with a bunch of nappy-themed stuff. It wasn't discussed much, but suffice to say it wasn't a good experience.

Honestly, I can see this aspect of my life remaining a secret that I take with me to the grave. There's only a small handful of my friends who I think would even be remotely 'accepting' of it (i.e they wouldn't put me down or mock me), but I still think they'd find the revelation as TMI, not really wanting to talk about it.

I have not come out diaper wise. I wear 24/7 by choice/not becoming a neurotic ball of anxiety, and when people find out, I just answer questions they have. It is not something I feel like I need to "come out" for.

Now, when I came out as a lesbian, that is a story. Short version, sister was cool with it... father disowned me (Not that he liked me much at this point due to some events in my early teens.) and my mother refused to even say my name anymore. In the last few years it has changed a little. My mother invites me to holidays again. My father will be in the same room with me, but will not say a word to me at all. Does not even acknowledge me... but I will be honest. I am ok with that. He is a terrible human being.

Ok, so this is very very recent. 2 experiences:

About a week ago I told my Psychiatrist because it was bugging me. He was very clinical about it and told me that it really isn't that big of a deal. So that's that.

Last night, I told two of my roommates. They were very understanding and kind. One even continued to ask me about it and they shared other secrets of theirs to make me feel better. It hasn't really been long enough to see how this affects my life, but honestly it wasn't that bad after the initial statement.

Last edited:
I forgot i was wearing when i went to the psych word. Now my whole family supports me. Took awhile for mom to understand.

dogboy said:
Haha....when you wrote "coming out", I thought coming out as gay! In my case, that story may very well become a novel. It's been knocking around in my mind since 2008. Instead of writing that story, I wrote a novel about a haunted town with an ugly past. When I was in college, one of my professors told me I would one day write the great American novel, so I feel like I need to tell my story, but as fiction.

Ironically, the one person I did come out to about diapers and being AB/DL is the person who brought me out. Before te;;omg him, I told my wife. Since Buzzy and I had a sexual relationship through college, I knew I could tell him. It was not my intention to divulge. I had mentioned to him that I had joined a blog site, and because he's also a published writer and an educator, he asked me which blog site. Man, did I freeze up. I immediately thought I should have kept my mouth shut because I was really embarrassed about this, but I also knew I could tell him. He was very accepting. This was in 2008 and a month ago he phoned and asked if I was still on ADISC. It may also have been his way to ask if I was still into diapers. Anyway, I said yes. He also told me that if he wasn't married (to a guy) he would actively pursue me since my wife died.

I should add that he and my wife were close. Before I got married, I told her about my college past. I did not include my liking diapers as I was too embarrassed and this was 1972, long before the internet and the greater exchange of ideas an alternative lifestyles. Now, so much water has gone under the bridge. The thing is, he still loves me and I love him, but when I die, I want to spend eternity with my wife as our relationship was very deep and she is the mother of our children. I continue to miss her almost every minute of my life.[/QUOT

dogboy, you are, by far the most complex person i know. (and i really dont know you).

ggreggy said:
dogboy said:
Tdogboy, you are, by far the most complex person i know. (and i really dont know you).

Haha...yeah, sometimes I think my parents must have dropped me on my head.

I told my mom. Here's the link to it. https://www.adisc.org/forum/entry.php/12094-Told-My-Mom

I also told a very close friend of mine and she was completely cool with it. We've been friends for about six years, but I never told her about my ABDL side until about last month. It actually helped us grow closer; ever since I broke the ice with my ABDL side, we've been able to discuss very personal things with one-another. I feel like I can tell her much more than I have been, and it's very relieving.

atechno said:
I'm happy for anyone who has positive experiences of telling people about their ABDL side. I've never 'come out' to someone about it, and really can't see myself ever doing so.

The closest I came to being 'outed' was in my early teens when my sister found the search history on our computer with a bunch of nappy-themed stuff. It wasn't discussed much, but suffice to say it wasn't a good experience.

Honestly, I can see this aspect of my life remaining a secret that I take with me to the grave. There's only a small handful of my friends who I think would even be remotely 'accepting' of it (i.e they wouldn't put me down or mock me), but I still think they'd find the revelation as TMI, not really wanting to talk about it.

I hope that changes for you atechno and that one day you can find someone that you can share this with. It is a heavy burden to carry for a lifetime. I finally broke at 58. Im glad that I did, it changed my life, but it was still the hardest thing that I have ever done.

for me it was when i was high on weed i told my brother he knew but did not know why i did it but he is loving and understanding why i do it , i told my mom at first she was like wtf was i not comforting and showed her 15 stone babies and told her why i did it just like brother she is also welcoming to it so father also because he be visiting my facebook sometimes to see who my friends are saw people or other adult baby friends ask why and told me that is what i am into do not be afraid to tell him only a few people know like my cousins and they are ok with it my one sister know and is ok with it but not telling anybody else i will when the right moment is

Told my love interest of sorts, started by asking her if she knew of regression from PTSD. No. Well have you ever heard the terms “Adult baby” or “Little?” Yes, that she has, but all she knows about it is that they like, mentally age down to cope with stress or something like that? But for the past two weeks I’ve been opening up that side of me to her, and she’s been accepting it with open arms, and asking questions. She said her changing me is a no (which I didn’t expect her to) and that there are certain little shows she won’t watch. Otherwise, she’s cool with it.

When I first told my wife (then girlfriend), I sat her down for a serious talk, and told her not to laugh. When I finally got to saying I wear diapers, she actually laughed.

I just got up and walked away. Didn't return any of her calls, and pretty much had writter her off. We eventually did run into each other thogh, and before I could say anything she was apologizing and said she only laughed because I set it up like I had cancer or robbed banks, or some really bad thing. She was relieved it wasn't a big deal after all, and that's why she laughed.
It took me another decade to finally realize what she knew right away. It really isn't a big deal after all. We got married two years after that, now a good 16 years later.

When my mom found out that I like diapers through a random computer search, her reaction was negative. She thinks that wearing diapers can lead to bad consequences such as ending up in a mental asylum, which I don’t agree with that. I do have autism and when I live on my own, I don’t think that any supervisor would ever care about my like for diapers. My parents still has a negative perception of diapers, even when I tried to explain to them that there’s nothing wrong with wearing diapers and I’m about to quit explaining to them because they still don’t get it. I was never going to tell my parents about diapers, but I accidentally let my mom know about it and I’m not happy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back