When changing a messing nappy do you use latex gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got changing a messy nappy right down to a tee, I don't find it any hassle at all. I wear latex gloves, have my nappy bad ready and use adult wet wipes. Do you use latex gloves?

I figure it would be a personal choice as it is your own bum you are wiping. I always wash my hands afterward anyway.

Last edited:
I personally never did. Some may argue that it wasn't wise but you live and you learn.

I guess it also depends on how messy it is.

No, I don't use gloves. I just use the diaper and wipes for most of the mess and then take a shower for the rest.

I keep several pairs of nitrile gloves in my diaper bag. Really useful when I've had to do a messy change and I cant get home to change right away.
Makes it easier to handle changes I think, helps finish cleaning up and keeps things neater when applying paste.

When I was starting out I used gloves, but every time I used them I found them to be inessential, I guess my messes are neither super big nor super messy. I now don't wear any gloves when I change my diapers, I just wash my hands thoroughly with soap and purel afterwards and hop in the shower.

When Mommy changes me she sometimes uses gloves, it's about 50/50 with her, she tends to use gloves more if she's changing a messy one, but even with those she'll sometimes go barehanded. I always get put in the bath at Mommy's after a messy change, it takes the place of my usual shower, I quite enjoy it, baths are just more fun :)

Nope, it's just a waste. I save one last wipe when I'm clean, for just my hands. I know thet isn't really enough though. Luckily I discovered soap and realized any remaining mess I have on my hands can be easily washed off.

I did when I had a cut/bandage on a finger while changing a friend. Otherwise, I generally find it sufficient to wash up after.

I don't use gloves when I change myself as washing up afterwards is enough, but I generally do if I'm changing somebody whose stinkies leave a trace on my hands that won't go away even after accurately washing them several times. Not everybody's stinkies are the same :)

i have no experience but I wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back