Status
Not open for further replies.

intfusmil

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
How do your purchase diapers? Locally (in person), online, both or another method?

I started working up courage about 10 years ago. I travel a lot for work so I was always way far from my home town.

Initially, I would buy GoodNites late at a 24 hour pharmacy. In my head, it was to create the illusion they were for a younger sibling or my own child.

After this, I graduated to buying chain pharmacy diapers like Attends, First Quality and Depend with tabs.

Currently, I've got a handful of medical supply places I rotate that carry Tranquility ATN (my go-to) and one that will occasionally have Molicare Super Plus. I'll buy a couple bags at a time. Pretty sure they all know me at this point but never say anything.

For me, even though the internet has better, cheaper options I'd still rather bear facing someone every few weeks than a discreet package of SDK or Bambinos ripping through and be sitting on my porch.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

intfusmil said:
How do your purchase diapers? Locally (in person), online, both or another method?

I started working up courage about 10 years ago. I travel a lot for work so I was always way far from my home town.

Initially, I would buy GoodNites late at a 24 hour pharmacy. In my head, it was to create the illusion they were for a younger sibling or my own child.

After this, I graduated to buying chain pharmacy diapers like Attends, First Quality and Depend with tabs.

Currently, I've got a handful of medical supply places I rotate that carry Tranquility ATN (my go-to) and one that will occasionally have Molicare Super Plus. I'll buy a couple bags at a time. Pretty sure they all know me at this point but never say anything.

For me, even though the internet has better, cheaper options I'd still rather bear facing someone every few weeks than a discreet package of SDK or Bambinos ripping through and be sitting on my porch.

i buy my diapers (cloth) from Adult Cloth Diaper Company. good selection. I buy other products from North Shore PUL diaper covers and soon will try their pull up disposable diapers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

intfusmil said:

That would suck. I buy from the online only and it hasn't happened so far, but I'm sure it will then the cat will be out of the bag so to speak.

I purchase via ebay and sent to argos click and collect I'm in UK

I will go to Sainsbury's/Waitrose/etc and just purchase casually. Just like the OP here, it took me a lot of courage to buy from the grocery store. I also buy single diapers from thrift stores whenever I see a great bargain.

I used to buy smaller sized diapers (largest size baby diapers that are available everywhere; as well as Goodnites) and find ways to enjoy them for the short time they lasts; eventually because of getting bigger and wanting better diapers I have tried what XP Medical has, and I liked most of what they carry; but I t seems to be changing to lower quality from the manufacturer.

After that I have done orders with ABUniverse after they changed hands to the current owners and I love them as a company and their diapers, I haven't tried anything close to their full range, but I really love Little Pawz and BareBums are pretty good too (though lower absorption capacity).

I would like to try the Tykables overnights and the PeekABU from ABUniverse, but I don't like estimates like "shipping in March" or pre-ordering anything, so I will have to wait and see if I can catch either of them when they have actual stock and can ship directly after I pay.

I would prefer any packages of diapers I buy to arrive Friday evenings or any time Saturdays so there is no awkawardness (since i live at home and my mom knows and sometimes asks why i wear diapers and i have never explained it)

Aquasailor said:
I will go to Sainsbury's/Waitrose/etc and just purchase casually. Just like the OP here, it took me a lot of courage to buy from the grocery store. I also buy single diapers from thrift stores whenever I see a great bargain.
Scored a couple good buys at thrift stores in the past too :) when I first started wearing I lived at home and went through some major purge cycles and would donate them at the drop offs. Looking back on it and hearing this, I consider it my contribution back to the community. Hopefully someone got some good use of them.

Generally I buy online and give them instructions that they don't bother following and wait in near panic for a few days for the box to arrive and hope the people I live with aren't home or at least don't open the box.

BurgundyRose said:
Generally I buy online and give them instructions that they don't bother following and wait in near panic for a few days for the box to arrive and hope the people I live with aren't home or at least don't open the box.
Thanks for validating my fears [emoji23][emoji23] I really want to try

I buy locally as much as i can, i can get molicare, abena and tranquility locally but anything better like betterdry/crinklz and dry 24/7 i get online from North shore i also buy onlinthe e from abu when i can afford to do so.

I simply purchase my diapers at the Rite Aid Pharmacy next to the Salem, New Hampshire Post Office here in town.
After I grab a 16-count package of DEPEND dydees, when I get to the checkout counter, I just say that the baby with Autism and Cerebral Palsy is wet and needs more "Kleenex HUGGIES" to be "clean and dry".

I buy almost all of my diapers through Amazon. They have Leakmaster, provide cloth diapers through Altogether Diaper Company and have Baby-pants.com as well as many other vendors. Amazon started out as a book seller and branched first into baby diapers.

I have a guy named Jag. Theres a small ups outlet in town. He charges a $5 fee to hold packages at his shoppe so I have my name on his "approved" list and every once in a while I get a half case of ABUs sent there (the max my stash box can hold) give him the 5er and off I go, no questiones asked.

I have a auto order set up and I have six packets of Molicare sent out every two weeks. I choose every two weeks because I found out that if all 3 boxes were sent out at the same time they tapped them together and it was hard lugging them upstairs, it so much better with a box and a half.

If I am buying the Always Pull-ups or Depends, I will do that in person at the local store.

Otherwise, all my diaper purchasing is online.

I always have mine deliverd via online shops but have never bought AB diapersto me they are to big and expensive, although i do enjoy my big terry cloth diaper and plastic pants when alone at home.

I only like medical looking nappies. AB nappies don't do anything for me.

Aquasailor said:

Same here, I was a bit nervous at first, but now get a bit of a thrill out of it, perhaps some day an attractive young cashier will scribble their phone number on the back of the receipt lol.

I buy all my AB Nappies online. Anything else, Like the always boutique or standard pull ups i just go to my local boots and purchase them from there.

I have auto order and ship set up with NorthShore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back