Any recs for high-waisted diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbuckeye87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all! I searched a bit but couldn't find anything specifically on this topic.

Does anyone know of specific diapers that have a higher rise? I'm not the svelte college student I once was and now my medium diapers sag a bit too much without shapely hips to cling to. Large diapers would fix this too, but are still way too big with a lot of tape overlap and leg openings that are prone to leak.

Of the brands that I use, I've noticed that they're all the same length EXCEPT for my Dry 24/7's, which seem to fit a lot better and don't sag as much. They're an inch or two longer than the rest. They're also way too thick to wear around usually. If anyone knows of a middle thickness brand thats longer, id really appreciate it!

Have you tried the most recent Tykables (the ones with velcro tapes)? They seem to rise a bit higher than most.

Atends slip active,Atends flex 8,Tena flex maxi,Tena flex plus or super, all have adjustable waist strap.

diapers with the longest shell: some brands of molicare (comfort super and super plus), awwsocute, xp medical's absorbency plus, confidry247,abena xplus, crinklz/betterdry, and cuddlz

The Abena Abri-Form and Premium diapers come up higher than most and fit really well.

Tykables Overnights have a rather higher rise, and it's easily adjustable since it uses velcro tapes.

If you want a low rise diaper go for the Tranquilty brand they are short and squat diapers or the Depend fitted briefs max protection are low rise too. as others said you go for a high end diaper and you get high end features and absorbency materials.

darkjo said:
Tykables Overnights have a rather higher rise, and it's easily adjustable since it uses velcro tapes.

FYI, tykables overnights have a 35.5" shell length. The shortest size Large I've seen are 35.0" long (cuddlz single tape) The ones I listed are all 38.5-40". It's difficult to find a lower-rise diaper than a tykables....

Thanks for the recs, guys! XP medical used to have a page that showed the dimensions for a loooot of different diapers, but it seems that they cut down on what they stock and got rid of many of the brands in that page.

I wish I could fit into low rise diapers, it'd make wearing them so much more discreet. But alas, I need to work off 20 pounds before those Tranquilities will fit like they did ten years ago!

mrbuckeye87 said:
Thanks for the recs, guys! XP medical used to have a page that showed the dimensions for a loooot of different diapers, but it seems that they cut down on what they stock and got rid of many of the brands in that page.

I wish I could fit into low rise diapers, it'd make wearing them so much more discreet. But alas, I need to work off 20 pounds before those Tranquilities will fit like they did ten years ago!

Why would you want that? That's nowhere near as discreet as you think. Diapers are designed and intended to fit like diapers. They are not tighty whities. Diapers need enough padding rising up front to absorb your pee without leaking over the top. And for those with bowell IC, that rear rise is also important.

With a low rise diaper (actully just one size to small), you are just asking for leaks. Trust me when I say a thick diaper with a high rise is far less noticable than a thin and small one that has leaked.

Slomo said:
Why would you want that? That's nowhere near as discreet as you think. Diapers are designed and intended to fit like diapers. They are not tighty whities. Diapers need enough padding rising up front to absorb your pee without leaking over the top. And for those with bowell IC, that rear rise is also important.

With a low rise diaper (actully just one size to small), you are just asking for leaks. Trust me when I say a thick diaper with a high rise is far less noticable than a thin and small one that has leaked.
Let alone the medical issues with wearing too snug or tight of a diaper such as cutting circulation off to the legs causing clots and gangrene. Injuring the testicles and if you are well endowed a broken penis. torsion of the testicle can lead to many issues. also not having room for urine to fully soak into the absorbent material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back