Do you ever worry about wearing diapers being out and about and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemoosey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Then you are in a serious car accident, have a medical issue, get mugged or arrested; I could go on and on.

Anyways you end up on the ground or on a table in an emergency room somewhere, they pull your pants down and there you are, pins/plastic/diapers.

I would be mortified when I came around.

Anybody think about these things or is it just me?

I don't have to imagine it, I've been through it. Trust me, the paramedics, nurses, and doctors do not care. Yes they will inquire about the diaper, but only to make sure any of your needs get met. Mostly though, they are going to have bigger issues on their mind, like what brought you to the hospital in the first place.

Nah, one thing to remember is that doctors, especially ER doctors have seen everything, from abdl diapies to things stuck in places they shouldn't be. I know a lot of abdls worry about things like this a lot, but the truth is, if it isn't a doctor you see regularly, you are just another face. Chances are, the only side effect is if you are admitted afterwards. You might end up with a cath when you wake up, or might be getting a stack of hospital diapers in your room, oh, and most likely whatever diaper stuffs you are wearing cut off of you.

Well, I seldom wear out and about, I only wear outside of my apartment when I am heading to one of my ABDL friend's places. I also don't drive, I'm a commuter, I walk, take transit, it saves me money for babyish things, so I never get worried about winding up in a car accident padded. It also goes without saying that if I was ever mugged or arrested I probably wouldn't be padded, I never wear out and about late at night only during the day and once again, only on my way to friend's houses and I don't think I'd do anything that would merit a cop stopping me to ask a few questions or to pat me down on my commute.

Now the medical issue thing, that's a bit different. One time I was wearing on the bus to a DL friend's place and I got terrible motion sickness, it was also a very hot day, I very nearly fainted. After getting off the bus, I thought about what would have happened had I actually fainted. The thought of waking up in a hospital or on a stretcher after fainting with some AB brand diapers on was not a very comforting thought, it was absolutely mortifying, but fortunately, I didn't faint. Also, in hindsight, this fear was rather unmerited, I mean paramedics don't usually take your pants off when you faint now do they :)

I guess, bottom line, some people are more embarrassed and fearful of being caught rather than others in certain circumstances. My biggest fear when wearing diapers out and about is that someone picks up on the telltale crinkle or they see an elastic waistband poking up from beneath my pants and they decide to question me, or having a friend of mine who I haven't told catching a brief glimpse of some padding as I'm on the way to a friend's house.

This has and hasn't been a fear of mine. Those people that would be dealing with me have seen so much worse. My grandma was an E.R. nurse in the 80's she seem a dude with a table leg up his butt. I think a child's print diaper is last thing to be concerned of.

When I was 19 I went through my fist proper stint of wearing my nappies 24/7. Around that time I was arrested for Drunk and Disorderly and taken to the police station. I told the arresting officers I was incontinent. The offers must of told the custody sergeant because when my backpack and body was searched it was done discreetly so nobody else new and I was told to ring the bell for assistance when I needed to change and they will bring me a nappy (out my backpack) and a yellow clinical waste bag. Because I was drunk I rang the bell about 4 times that night. It didn't seem a big deal to them although I was mortified. When I sobered up I got a £60 ticket.

Nah, this has never been a concern to me. Although, I only wear plain white diapers so I could always pass it off as a medical need if necessary.

I feel more confident when I wear a diaper. I fear not wearing one and having an accidental leak (happens too often too much lately) If I have to be out for a prolonged time I will always wear a diaper now will start wearing to work since having several accidents and near accidents which can be very embarrassing.

God yes! The thought goes through my head often! My favorite diaper is now Tykables new design velcro like tape diaper. I like them mainly cause they hardly ever leak, and unlimited readjusteys lol. But I wish tykables make a all white non abdl print diaper especially when out in public or in the car. I almost got caught when I was driving to pick up some groceries in my town and was wearing a shower robe and a diaper. I had several wetting accidents in my diaper and was pulled over by a cop for a burned out headlight. I was panicking to myself what if he smells the pee in my diaper and god forbid, I got to get out of the car! Luckily he just told me my headlight was out, and let me go! But yes the hospital I think about a lot cause you never know where you will be if your hurt and need to go there. The only thing I can think of if I'm in a unfortunate situation wearing an abdl print diaper in a hospital. Is to say I'm incontinent and my wife thought be better take the stigma against the gross part of medical diapers. I don't know if they would buy this. I also worry since I'm sexually attracted to diapers if a nurse has to change me I might get an erection. If they are gonna be really grossed out by that! I mean guess they see that alot, and they might just think your turned on by a hot nurses, not so much that your being changed out of a diaper.

Why should I worry about what somebody else thinks if diapers are my bathroom?

When you have been incontinent and dependant on nappies for over 6 years frankly it just doesn't matter any more.

I don't really worry about what the doctor's, nurses or EMTs think anymore. As many of you have already said, the see a lot worst.

What I worry about are my neighbors or family seeing and/or finding out. Note: I am not talking about medical people inappropriately telling others about the diapers, it is my neighbors and/or family seeing me at the time of the accident.

I no longer worry about any one noticing my diapers, I need them for a medical issue and after 3 years diapers are now a non issue.

I want you to look at every medical issue that you have. Then look at people with medical issues that can view from the outside. Wheelchair. Laranotome. Colonoscopy or Urinary bag and such. Do you think they will look at diapers and laugh?

Face this fact they are used to DIAPERS. I don't think they will laugh at you. If anything they might ask how many time you need changing. Or are you willing to use a catheter?

The Medical community has more to worry about than your diapers.

Like Rob and ST50, I’m incontinent and need to wear a diaper 24/7. For many years, I’ve worn a diaper to every doctor’s appointment and to hospitals for various kinds of tests and for surgery. Medical people understand the issues. To them, finding out that someone wears a diaper falls into the same category as finding out someone wears glasses or uses a hearing aid.

The only people I would worry about are the more conservative members of friends and family, who are not likely to be the people attending to me in the event of a serious accident. The most likely to be involved are close friends and colleagues, who might around at the time, and if some of those find out, well, many of them probably suspect already. Medics - not an issue, they won't care. I don't wear ABDL styles when out though, only premium medical such as Tena Ultima and Betterdry. I agree it could be a bit more embarrassing with an ABDL-themed nappy, when not outwardly 'in character'.

Last edited by a moderator:
BabyDenise said:
I don't really worry about what the doctor's, nurses or EMTs think anymore. As many of you have already said, the see a lot worst.

What I worry about are my neighbors or family seeing and/or finding out. Note: I am not talking about medical people inappropriately telling others about the diapers, it is my neighbors and/or family seeing me at the time of the accident.

Bingo. Where am I when it happens, my local grocery store, the park, standing outside. Im not really worried about work in that I dont wear to work, but I do have a few neighbors that work where I do.

Everybody is right about the medical community, they are used to it.

I don't even think about it. If something like that happens I'll have much worse to think about. Before I was totally into my transition I ended up in the Hospital fully dressed and it caused me a little anxiety but no one even batted an eye at the hospital.

I tend to worry a little more about what my kids would think if my wife and I passed & they started going through the 50 or so cases of diapers in the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will miss you. For diapers they will think that with certain age come certain needs. And maybe they will take them for their own use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back