Best ways to show my wife/mommy/caregiver i appreciate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifiermichigan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My relationahip is super wierd on and off for about 8 years. Anyways Things seem to have finally stabilized. 3 months without an issue is a big deal for us. What's some great ways my little self can show her i appreciate her.?

Is she just your caregiver or your significant other as well?

Draw her a picture!

Slomo said:
Draw her a picture!

I was just going to suggest this! XD

You could also maybe get a coloring book or something and color her a picture too! I'm not really sure what to suggest without knowing her likes/dislikes etc. You could probably just buy her a small gift or something.

That's a good question, sometimes it is very hard to think of ways we can show our Mommies and Daddies that we love them and all that they do for us. Admittedly, even at the best of times, my regression and baby time with Mommy can sometimes feel one-sided, I subject her to my diapers and other baby needs and she goes along with it without batting an eye, I'm lucky to have her, but as much as I enjoy our time together I often feel bad because the nature of our play is me sitting back and being cared for while she does all the work.

I've talked with my Mommy about how I can show her my appreciation and she told me that she is happy as long as I'm happy and that if I really need to show my gratitude small gestures are the best way to go. So every time we finish having Baby and Mommy time, I'm always sure to thank her with a big hug and I make sure to tell her just how much she and what she does for me means to me. I've also showed her my gratitude through small gestures like she suggests, I bought her a card for Valentines day, I've spotted her gas money to cover her trips out to me, I've drawn her pictures and sent her small friendly texts and I've paid for and taken her to dinners out on a few occasions to show my appreciation. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, let your words and actions show how much you appreciate her and if that doesn't suffice, then do small things like dinners out and tiny gifts.

I think many of us AB's tend to overcompensate when we find someone who accepts us and is willing to indulge our baby side, like we feel we need to give them the world in order to make them stay, I've thought that way with my previous girlfriends in the past, but with my current Mommy things are different. I asked Mommy what she would think if I bought her jewelry and expensive things, she told me flat out not to, that she doesn't want to feel as though she is being paid for a service, " I'm your Mommy not a prostitute", is what she told me. She says that she genuinely likes taking care of me and that a gentle smile when I'm in baby-mode and a nice big hug and a thank you when I'm put back in my big boy clothes is enough to let her know that I sincerely care about all she does for me. Now, every Mommy is different mind you, if you don't think words and small gestures are enough maybe you could ask your caregiver point blank what it is you can do for her to show your appreciation. Best of luck to you :)

Poofybutt said:
That's a good question, sometimes it is very hard to think of ways we can show our Mommies and Daddies that we love them and all that they do for us. Admittedly, even at the best of times, my regression and baby time with Mommy can sometimes feel one-sided, I subject her to my diapers and other baby needs and she goes along with it without batting an eye, I'm lucky to have her, but as much as I enjoy our time together I often feel bad because the nature of our play is me sitting back and being cared for while she does all the work.

I've talked with my Mommy about how I can show her my appreciation and she told me that she is happy as long as I'm happy and that if I really need to show my gratitude small gestures are the best way to go. So every time we finish having Baby and Mommy time, I'm always sure to thank her with a big hug and I make sure to tell her just how much she and what she does for me means to me. I've also showed her my gratitude through small gestures like she suggests, I bought her a card for Valentines day, I've spotted her gas money to cover her trips out to me, I've drawn her pictures and sent her small friendly texts and I've paid for and taken her to dinners out on a few occasions to show my appreciation. So, I guess what I am trying to say is, let your words and actions show how much you appreciate her and if that doesn't suffice, then do small things like dinners out and tiny gifts.

I think many of us AB's tend to overcompensate when we find someone who accepts us and is willing to indulge our baby side, like we feel we need to give them the world in order to make them stay, I've thought that way with my previous girlfriends in the past, but with my current Mommy things are different. I asked Mommy what she would think if I bought her jewelry and expensive things, she told me flat out not to, that she doesn't want to feel as though she is being paid for a service, " I'm your Mommy not a prostitute", is what she told me. She says that she genuinely likes taking care of me and that a gentle smile when I'm in baby-mode and a nice big hug and a thank you when I'm put back in my big boy clothes is enough to let her know that I sincerely care about all she does for me. Now, every Mommy is different mind you, if you don't think words and small gestures are enough maybe you could ask your caregiver point blank what it is you can do for her to show your appreciation. Best of luck to you :)

Woooow. This was mind-blowingly accurate. Hits home on a lot of levels.

She has said the same to me about as long as I'm happy she is happy.

- - - Updated - - -

littlemoosey said:
Is she just your caregiver or your significant other as well?

She's mine. Very much so. I plan to put a ring on her finger.

I've always found flowers were a great way to say thanks. The first time my then-girlfriend babied me, which was more than 30 years ago, I sent her a dozen roses. I send my current nanny flowers quite often.

Most women appreciate and enjoy beautiful, living things. Flowers are the quickest way to her heart; I don't think I've ever sent flowers to a caregiver who wasn't thrilled to receive them and wasn't immediately ready to get back to changing diapers.

Unfortunately, flowers cost a bit of money. They're not in the league of 'jewelry or expensive things,' which I've also done, but they're not cheap. If you draw her a picture, do it during your mommy-baby time rather than as a thank you. Any thank you gesture, to be effective, has to be 'adult' in nature.

sbmccue said:
Unfortunately, flowers cost a bit of money. They're not in the league of 'jewelry or expensive things,' which I've also done, but they're not cheap. If you draw her a picture, do it during your mommy-baby time rather than as a thank you. Any thank you gesture, to be effective, has to be 'adult' in nature.

I've bought my Mommy flowers as well, first thing out of her mouth was that she hoped I didn't spend too much on them, fortunately, flowers aren't terribly expensive in my neck of the woods.

My Mommy genuinely enjoys looking after her big baby, so I can understand how expensive gifts could be off-putting for her, it makes her feel like she is being paid for something when in reality she actually enjoys doing this out of the kindness of her heart and out of friendship. Not every Mommy requires expensive things, I think there are some women who find enjoyment in caring for a baby as much as we find enjoyment in being one. I do know that based on some of your other posts sbmccue, that many of your caregivers and nannies indulged in this as a service and not always as a friendship/relationship thing, so maybe they felt differently about receiving gifts. Once again, every Mommy is different, as such, I'm sure there is a plethora of ways for us to show our appreciation and it all depends on the personal tastes and opinions of our caregivers.

I also agree with you on your last point, I think you can thank Mommy in baby mode and it can be effective, but I think thanking her in an adult way goes a little further in showing her how much you care and how thankful you are.

I think i figures it out. Imma get her a spa appointment. Let her get treated real good. Massage, facial, the works.

What's everyone think.

pacifiermichigan said:
I think i figures it out. Imma get her a spa appointment. Let her get treated real good. Massage, facial, the works.

What's everyone think.

I think just about anything can work as a way of showing your caregiver that you care.

If she likes spa days, then I say go for it, that'll definitely show her you appreciate what she does for you and besides it might be nice for her to be pampered for a change :)

You're right, PB ... only three or four caregivers have been willing to 'baby' me out of the goodness of their hearts. I actually prefer pay-for-play; the caregiver has an incentive to do her best, and there's no romantic entanglements to worry about. I think you're much more likely to find someone you can hire than to fall in love with someone who will baby you. In my experience, the latter seldom happens. Those who do experience it, like you, are incredibly lucky.

Just because you're paying someone, however, is no guarantee that she'll want to babysit a second time ... or a third time, fourth, etc. I've had a few well-intentioned women tell me that caring for a big baby wasn't for them. However, if the lady has done her job and I've finished our time together relaxed and refreshed, I certainly want her to come back and do it again. The little thank you gift certainly helps. That's the reason for the thank you flowers, spa time, or whatever.

Plethora of ways? There probably are. However, my time to spend on such things is relatively scant, and I can order flowers online in a minute or two. If I had time to go out and shop, perhaps I'd consider other options.

I would say if this is the one you want to marry, you have to show her everyday how much she means to you. Not just what you say to her but how you say it. When you are at work you can send her emails to tell her that you are thinking about her. Someone already mentioned flowers, my wife loves for me to send them or bring them home to her. Today we were out walking there was a wild flower. I picked it up and gave it to her. I did not think anything more about it, until later I saw she had kept it and it was in a glass of water. But one thing I try to really let her know, and that is how much I love her not just because she takes care of my little side. But that my love for her is unconditional whether she takes care of my little side or not. She and I have been together 30 years, but 9 mos. ago today I finally told her about my AB side. Because of all of the above it has been the best 9mos. of our 30 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back