Status
Not open for further replies.

RMS401

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Abri2.jpg
20180320_110905.jpg

So I got my DoubleStop Xl samples today and my guess was right: From a design/form standpoint, these are essentially Abena Abri-Man pads. If it looks like I uploaded pictures of two DoubleStops, you can see my point, since the one on the right in both pictures is the Abena. I haven't yet done any calculations to see if the NS product is a better deal.

I also haven't used these yet, so I don't know how they compare in absorbency, but thought some of you might be curious to see an actual pad instead of a drawing. (Honestly, why does every manufacturer do that?)

-RMS

EDIT: Price comparison.

Abena Abri-Man Formula 2 (from diaperbuys.com)
Pack of 14: $4.19
Case of 168: $50.28

NorthShore DoubleStop XL
Pack of 14: $7.99
Case of 84: $41.99

Last edited:
ok i dont see these on their website . are these a new diaper from them? more absorbent?

Because they advertise the product before it's actually available. Also, a drawing is simplified and shows more contrast at the edges. It shows up on packaging better and more clearer than an actual image will, so a drawing is easier to recognize from a distance. Plus a drawing is cheaper on ink for printing.

redhawkpath said:
ok i dont see these on their website . are these a new diaper from them? more absorbent?

Nope, sorry, redhawkpath. For some reason I assumed everyone would know I was talking about their new male guards. The DoubleStop guards are similar to Depend Guards, but add leak guards. The DoubleStop XL, as I said, are strikingly similar to the Abena Abri-Man guards.

-RMS

I tried the Abena guards when I first started to have IC issues I could not trust the guard to do its job so I ended up trying them twice at home.

Thanks for the comparison. NS says their guards (these) are made in Europe. Are Abena made in Europe as well? Maybe they are the same manufacturer?

Scaramouche said:
Thanks for the comparison. NS says their guards (these) are made in Europe. Are Abena made in Europe as well? Maybe they are the same manufacturer?

Interesting thought, Scaramouche. Yes, Abena is a Danish company, so that definitely qualifies. Hmm.

-RMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back