Does anyone carry around a stuffie everywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I now I may have asked this in the past, but I'm bringing it up again so see if I can get more answers for this. :3

Anyway, do you ever bring a stuffie everywhere you go?

I do. Actually, I have this habit of carrying around my Spencer Reid pillow everywhere. I do leave it in the care at times. I like to bring a stuffie with me to carry around places. The reason for this is well... I'm autistic. So, stuffies are usually very comforting for me. There's no telling when my anxiety will strike either. That's why having a special friend with me helps if that does happen. :3

I don't carry mine everywhere, but sometimes I'll place one of my stuffed bears in my backpack when I have to go out and about. It's nice to have a small object of babyhood on my person, especially when I'm stressed or called somewhere out of the blue. Carrying a stuffed animal around both reminds me that I'm a baby and it motivates me to do a good job and get through the day so I can get back to rest, relaxation and regression :)

ThirstyOryx said:
I bring mine with me when I have to sleep away from home, I'd probably try to bring it with me at the hospital if it were to happen. Otherwise, no, though I wish I could.

Yeah... I do that a lot. I tend to bring a few of my plushies with me when I go away. I also bring my blanket with me too. Scarfy stays home though because it almost got lost once at the hotel. It's way too special of a soft velvety like scarf to have to deal with that again (Keep in mind that Scarfy is genderless because I couldn't decide on it's gender, and I still can't to this day). Anyway, my parents don't really care because they know it has to a lot to do with my autism. I mean, it IS partly an autism thing because stuffies usually make me more comfortable when I'm out and about... but it's also because it gives me that slight sense of being a little as well.

I also take Axel with me to my anime convention because he's gone every single year. I first got him during my first year, and he was also the first anime convention plushie I ever got as well. I love him to pieces. <3 He's literally like my best friend because he's been with me through a lot of stuff.

I do I have a pocket pudsey on my keys & a little bear in my college bag affectionately called Rucksack Ryan.

As an Autistic with Cerebral Palsy, I admit that I do at times need to carry a very small plushie in a jacket pocket to aid me in cognitive/emotional regulation away from home.
With the increasing scapegoating of us disabled in the outside world, my prey-animal anxiety is through the roof most of the time now.

I used to, probably longer than most kids, I would carry my favorite teddy bear around with me until I was in the 5th grade. Peer pressure forced me to stop doing so, sadly.

I take my favourite stuffie with me when I’m going to stay overnight somewhere. Sometimes for day trips too, if they contain a long drive. I like cuddling my stuffie in the car.

I carry a backpack in many places. I have a small plushie keyring attached to it.

I'll usually have some kind of comfort item with me if I know it's gonna be a long day. Though sometimes that's not a stuffie but a fluffy scarf...I don't really carry stuffies openly, but having it in my bag and catching a glimpse of it every now and then helps.

Today I brought a small soft dolly friend with me to the Urologist's office to have my latest Cystoscopy this afternoon.
During the procedure, she was nearby to comfort me.

I keep a little duck my girl friend got me for Easter last year in the side pocket of my backpack.

I have a stuffed monkey that rides with me on my lap to work every day and stays in my backpack for the rest of the day. He sleeps with me at night and also was with me recently when I stayed overnight at the hospital. He’s always with me - no reason for this other than it makes feel secure and happy.

Hi my name is Barney Bear and this is my friend Peter Rabbit,

We like to help Siysiy with his work, And we go out on the Adventures with him. Especially when he meets up with his little bro Isaac and we get to meet his stuffies Billy Bear or Michael monkey.

This is a picture of us helping Siysiy, I work the keyboard and Peter operates the mouse.

IMG_5120.jpg

Hee, hee

Barney and Peter

I have mr bear and he goes nearly everywhere with me. He is only about 6 inched tall so he fits in my purse and I take him out when I need comfort. He was given to me by my husband a few years back. He is soft and has beans in his belly that feel good when you rub your finger over it. He helps me feel better when I am stressed.
The only time that he doesn't come along for the ride is if we are going somewhere grown-up where I can't take a purse or where they have security that is checking bags. Then I usually leave him at home to watch over some of my other stuffies.

I take things everywhere. I have a bad habit of picking the skin off of my fingers if I don't have something else to touch.

And they can be nearly any kind of stuffy. I have one bunny I named Julia who travels around with me in a big satchel. (Her "Ride") and since she can wear clothes for American Girl (or similar) dolls, she gets dressed up in different outfits. :3 She went with me just today to a restaurant and sat on the table while I ate. (The same place has also seen Maamaa, a Llama who likes to sneak drinks of my tea and now the waitresses all look to see if I've brought her back. XD)

Do people look at me funny? Sure. Do I care? Nope. (Sometimes I'll even have Julia stand up and do a little curtsy and wave. And THAT gets people going. Either they crack up laughing or they get mad and look away.)

Not always, it rarely comes with me to work. But quite often I keep mine inside of my backpack, especially on days I'm not coping too well. Never take it out of the bag in public just at home or friends houses. If I need it I open the bag slightly and grab onto it.

Just there as my kind of safety blanket.

I always have a small stuffie key chain with me so people aren't confused but I have that comfort with me.

I know this sounds crazy, but to anyone else that carries their stuffies in a purse/bag/backpack, does it ever give you a twinge worrying that they can't breathe?
I've carried this feeling over from childhood and I leave an inch or two of the bag open because of air and so that they are not afraid of the dark. I know I'm weird but I genuinely feel bad.

LittleAndrea said:
I know this sounds crazy, but to anyone else that carries their stuffies in a purse/bag/backpack, does it ever give you a twinge worrying that they can't breathe?
I've carried this feeling over from childhood and I leave an inch or two of the bag open because of air and so that they are not afraid of the dark. I know I'm weird but I genuinely feel bad.

YES.

And if I buy one, they CANNOT go into a plastic bag or they will suffocate. I get crazy looks for that one. XD

Preferably, mine are either being carried in my arms/hand or are riding in their 'go bag' which has an open top so they can see out and get lots of air and light. (My own father has said "You know they aren't alive, right?" And I've looked at him horrified, turned to my plush bunny and said "Don't listen to him, Cottontail! He doesn't understand." Then jumped up and run back to my room.)

I have an Elmo plushie that I like to keep in my backpack when I am out-and-about. I don't take him out thought. I have autism and having him around make me feel safe. I am thinking about taking the next step and bringing out my stuffed bear at my next dentist appointment. I haven't been to the dentist in many, many years; I have found a dentist that services children and special needs adults, so I know that dentist will be able to handle my anxieties about the dentist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back